SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

42 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

speaking of 3 point shooting...i don't see moody in the boxscores at suu..is he sitting for a year?

I believe he played in their first game and then has been out due to Covid protocol, either close contact quarantine or Rona isolation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Tom Miller says Carlos Ramsey is no longer with the team. Not surprising really. Opens a spot for Reid Grant. 

Guess it was good to make the decision now verses at the end of the year.  It does clear up the scholarship situation for next year.  

The question will be how will it look for the end of the 21-22 season. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wasnt sure where to post this, but I see Aanen Moody scored 17 points on 6 of 8 shooting and 5 of 7 from 3 point land.   I still dont know how we let a North Dakota kid that can shoot the ball get away?  I get he was not great on defense.  This years team seems to be improved on defense but they cant hit the broadside of a barn with their shooting. Especially from the 3 point line.   Sure would be nice to have him back knocking down 3's to open it up with PR.  

49 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I wasnt sure where to post this, but I see Aanen Moody scored 17 points on 6 of 8 shooting and 5 of 7 from 3 point land.   I still dont know how we let a North Dakota kid that can shoot the ball get away?  I get he was not great on defense.  This years team seems to be improved on defense but they cant hit the broadside of a barn with their shooting. Especially from the 3 point line.   Sure would be nice to have him back knocking down 3's to open it up with PR.  

It was a mutual decision, he didn't "get away". A fresh start for both sides was the ideal outcome. 

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

It’s definitely frustrating to see multiple players who left/were shown the door shooting almost 50% from 3 elsewhere while this team can’t throw it in the ocean. Currently 325th out of 338 D1 teams in scoring offense (and dropping)

I watched all the games last year and watched in person most of them.  I could tell that Aanen got in Sather's doghouse right away.  So of course it was a mutual decision.  But what I want to know is what he did to get in that doghouse?  He brought in a bunch of defensive guys but has no one that can shoot.  I love Brady Danielson and his determination and grit, but he cant hit a open shot.  This team could use one guy that can hit a bucket and maybe isn't great on defense.  Obviously defense doesn't win games.   So I think he DID "get away".  Not to mention he is a North Dakota kid, cut him some slack. 

I think Sather's offense is so much different than offense that Jones runs that guards like Moody wouldn't get looks he needed to be a scorer.  I don't think Moody would be as effective because of this. I think couple of these people on this team can hit outside shot but so far they haven't proven it this year.  I find it interesting on the board how many are commenting how talent isn't what we had in Jones recruits and if you would go back when Jones was here that was all criticism of not getting good enough talent. I think we see how good a coach Sather is this year on how this young team develops. I do think the league is much closer in talent than it was last year but case will be how much each of these teams improve. I think Danielson is good kid and brings good work ethic to the team but i don't see why he gets as much playing time as he gets because he is such weakness on the offense that opposing teams can almost forget to guard him and then double down on the others on the floor. This format for league play is not good for UND being young team and not as physical a team as some of the other teams are in Summit. I guess we see how year comes out.

3 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I think Sather's offense is so much different than offense that Jones runs that guards like Moody wouldn't get looks he needed to be a scorer.  I don't think Moody would be as effective because of this. I think couple of these people on this team can hit outside shot but so far they haven't proven it this year.  I find it interesting on the board how many are commenting how talent isn't what we had in Jones recruits and if you would go back when Jones was here that was all criticism of not getting good enough talent. I think we see how good a coach Sather is this year on how this young team develops. I do think the league is much closer in talent than it was last year but case will be how much each of these teams improve. I think Danielson is good kid and brings good work ethic to the team but i don't see why he gets as much playing time as he gets because he is such weakness on the offense that opposing teams can almost forget to guard him and then double down on the others on the floor. This format for league play is not good for UND being young team and not as physical a team as some of the other teams are in Summit. I guess we see how year comes out.

I've noticed that Brady hasn't gotten as many minutes as he did in the beginning of the season.  Ethan has soaked more of those minutes and of course with DAE back, that's another mouth to feed. 

He does so many great little things, but he just need to knock down outside shots.  They are wide open looks!

I want to see Sueker get it going from 3.  His D2 track record had him in the high 30s shooting from 3 and so far it hasn't really shown this season.  I've argue an mechanical issue is to blame as his shot was a little flat/live drive-ish.  His 3 attempts against UMKC looked more like his old shot, so we will see. 

So we have made it to the quarter pole of the Summit League season.  UND is currently at 2-2 with a win on the road at Oral Roberts but a questionable loss at home verses Kansas City.  They are exactly in the middle of the pack. 

What do we think so far?  Is UND underachieving, overachieving, or is about where you expect them to be.  Are there areas where they are over and under achieving currently?  Surprises? Disappointments?

4 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

So basically all of Coach Jones players are now gone accept for PR.  It will be up to Coach Sather to sink or swim from here out.  He needs to be able to show he can bring division 1 talent to UND.  

Not all: Panoam and Ignanugo are still from Jones.

6 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

So basically all of Coach Jones players are now gone accept for PR.  It will be up to Coach Sather to sink or swim from here out.  He needs to be able to show he can bring division 1 talent to UND.  

Other holdovers are Urbonavicius and Panoam; however, your point is 100% correct.  You are correct SWS - also Ignanugo.  G was a freshman last year but a Jones recruit.

15 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

UND1983 - NewUndFan did include Rebraca in his post. 

• Like 1

I have kind of been of the opinion that DAE’s numbers last year were a bit overrated. He really didn’t pass my eye test at times. Now this isn’t saying he isn’t a good player just not as good as talked about. He did provide one thing this team definitely needs and that’s scoring so it will be interesting how this changes anything this year and especially going forward as I would imagine he was projected to be a big part the next few years