SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

It’s going to be real tough for UND to make a huge jump in the standings I think. Need Shockey or Bergan to really step up or Bruns to come in as advertised. 

It is going to be an interesting offseason, especially with the now rumored 1 time transfer rule that might happened for the 21-22 season.  

USD is the biggest question mark.  If Umude decides to go make $$$ and AJ isn't ready to go, UND can get into the top 4 next year.

I think I’m today’s time we will be surprised who comes back and who leaves. There is a transfer rule passing soon and we have see some shockers in the program the last 2 years. Nothing against sather but there has been a big turnover if everyone returned and we didn’t loose a couple key guys I’d be shocked. 

4 hours ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

I think I’m today’s time we will be surprised who comes back and who leaves. There is a transfer rule passing soon and we have see some shockers in the program the last 2 years. Nothing against sather but there has been a big turnover if everyone returned and we didn’t loose a couple key guys I’d be shocked. 

"nothing against Sather"

tenor.gif

I am bored on Selection Sunday just thinking about the future and some past teams. I took a look at KenPom to see how this team compared to past teams and unfortunately, but maybe not surprising, it was our worst ranked team since 2015, the 'I don't where adidas' team (293 this year and 314 in 2015). I think there's some really good pieces on the roster right now but I feel like we are missing a lot of athleticism and I am not sure how much there is in the pipeline.

If we happen to free up any spots, I would imagine we will, I think this year is a great opportunity to get a transfer because it feels like everyone and their mother enters the transfer portal.

34 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I am bored on Selection Sunday just thinking about the future and some past teams. I took a look at KenPom to see how this team compared to past teams and unfortunately, but maybe not surprising, it was our worst ranked team since 2015, the 'I don't where adidas' team (293 this year and 314 in 2015). I think there's some really good pieces on the roster right now but I feel like we are missing a lot of athleticism and I am not sure how much there is in the pipeline.

I'm taking the KemPom rakings with a grain of salt this year due to the strangeness of COVID.  They improved on their record from last year in conference and won a similar amount of D1 games from last year as well.  

This team would whip that 2014-15 team by 20+ easy.  Only good thing about that year was the development of Q and Nash getting the play his 6th year that he never should have played (because he should have been immediately eligible in 2012-13 to begin with).  Nothing more.  The less we talk about Marshall Hen.. I mean TDR, the better.  

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm taking the KemPom rakings with a grain of salt this year due to the strangeness of COVID.  They improved on their record from last year in conference and won a similar amount of D1 games from last year as well.  

This team would whip that 2014-15 team by 20+ easy.  Only good thing about that year was the development of Q and Nash getting the play his 6th year that he never should have played (because he should have been immediately eligible in 2012-13 to begin with).  Nothing more.  The less we talk about Marshall Hen.. I mean TDR, the better.  

HAHAHA love the comp to TDR, if only he had any talent close to Marshall. Yeah you're probably right with KenPom, just thought it was interesting.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So which of those is the major upgrade he is looking for? 

I think you could argue for basketball most of those are “upgrades” although when it was initially announced I figured it would be for some P5 school so it is disappointing. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I think you could argue for basketball most of those are “upgrades” although when it was initially announced I figured it would be for some P5 school so it is disappointing. 

On 4/15/2021 at 1:40 PM, dmksioux said:

According to his twitter, lots of interest.  Not any P5 schools though...

image.png.f38378451ac5229d070653df9cee49a6.png

Went with James Madison, probably not as big of a move up as those who were whispering in his ear were promising.