SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

I’m guessing this team is going to look a lot different. Obviously losing three starters but even deeper than that. Outside of Rebraca, DAE, G and Danielson I wouldn’t be surprised or too disappointed with anyone leaving. I hope Moody is here as well but wouldn’t be shocked to see him gone. 

Have to think there is going to be significant roster turnover.  

Rebraca has a chance to go down as one of the all time greats for UND.

DAE has loads of potential, but has lots of room for improvement.

Moody was sorely missed this season and would be a key piece next year.  I hope the rumors of him transferring are unfounded.  

Danielson is obviously a Sather guy and a solid contributor.

Gertautus is a talented big man that can have a nice career here if he can be patient as Rebraca's understudy for two more years.  As a foreigner with Rebraca in front of him, I worry about him sticking it out for the long haul.  

After those guys, I'm not sure where the other players fall into Sather's master plan.

A good ball handling point guard is the biggest question mark heading into next year.

For all the credit we gave to Brian Jones (myself included) over the years for, at minimum, being a really good recruiter of talent, he sure didn't leave a ton of talent behind when he left.  Stewart, Rebraca, and DAE are really the only overly athletic guys that Sather inherited.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Have to think there is going to be significant roster turnover.  

Rebraca has a chance to go down as one of the all time greats for UND.

DAE has loads of potential, but has lots of room for improvement.

Moody was sorely missed this season and would be a key piece next year.  I hope the rumors of him transferring are unfounded.  

Danielson is obviously a Sather guy and a solid contributor.

Gertautus is a talented big man that can have a nice career here if he can be patient as Rebraca's understudy for two more years.  As a foreigner with Rebraca in front of him, I worry about him sticking it out for the long haul.  

After those guys, I'm not sure where the other players fall into Sather's master plan.

A good ball handling point guard is the biggest question mark heading into next year.

For all the credit we gave to Brian Jones (myself included) over the years for, at minimum, being a really good recruiter of talent, he sure didn't leave a ton of talent behind when he left.  Stewart, Rebraca, and DAE are really the only overly athletic guys that Sather inherited.

I wonder if G would start alongside Rebraca next year, as there is no real solution at the 4 spot.  I don't know if Bergan would be ready for that day 1. 

Agree on Rebraca and DAE, UND has 2 great building blocks with those two and the both have another level or two that they can both reach. 

Although they have different games and styles, I'm looking at DAE similar to Quinton Hooker.  I knew QH in high school, and was really excited when he chose UND.  After his true freshmen year there were some rumblings that he was already a bust and overrated, etc.  But starting year 2 with more time in the program he really came into his own and is one of the all time greats.  DAE had his struggles as a freshman, but I think he has all the tools to really bring it all together starting in year 2 and I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop.  

I'm in agreement with everyone above - DAE and Rebraca are big pieces moving forward, but we really need to replace Stewart and get some more pieces/depth to really be a team that will make some noise.  I'm going to guess in two years Sather will have this team in a really good position.

10 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Although they have different games and styles, I'm looking at DAE similar to Quinton Hooker.  I knew QH in high school, and was really excited when he chose UND.  After his true freshmen year there were some rumblings that he was already a bust and overrated, etc.  But starting year 2 with more time in the program he really came into his own and is one of the all time greats.  DAE had his struggles as a freshman, but I think he has all the tools to really bring it all together starting in year 2 and I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop.  

I'm in agreement with everyone above - DAE and Rebraca are big pieces moving forward, but we really need to replace Stewart and get some more pieces/depth to really be a team that will make some noise.  I'm going to guess in two years Sather will have this team in a really good position.

Yes DAE had his struggles...but he broke the freshman scoring record last night. I think he carried his load this year. I do think he can be a lot better though

19 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

Yes DAE had his struggles...but he broke the freshman scoring record last night. I think he carried his load this year. I do think he can be a lot better though

Completely agree.  You don't break that record having a terrible year.  He has potential superstar in this league written all over him - he needs to pull it all together.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I wonder if G would start alongside Rebraca next year, as there is no real solution at the 4 spot.  I don't know if Bergan would be ready for that day 1. 

Agree on Rebraca and DAE, UND has 2 great building blocks with those two and the both have another level or two that they can both reach. 

Would get that G will be a starter next year.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:09 AM, Hambone said:

I think comparing DAE to Hooker is a stretch. Hooker was a really good to great player in a mid-major conference that could single handily lead a team to a championship. DAE has a loooonnngggg way to go to reach that level. You need to build around Rebraca the next 2 years. I was kind of wishing NDSU had gotten DAE before the season started. I think I would take Eady and Griesel over him. 

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I think comparing DAE to Hooker is a stretch. Hooker was a really good to great player in a mid-major conference that could single handily lead a team to a championship. DAE has a loooonnngggg way to go to reach that level. You need to build around Rebraca the next 2 years. I was kind of wishing NDSU had gotten DAE before the season started. I think I would take Eady and Griesel over him. 

I wasn't necessarily comparing their skills per se, more that they both struggled their first year - to where people were actually thinking Hooker was going to be a bust, but he ended up proving them all wrong.  I think with DAE's stuggles this year I've heard a few rumblings of that, but I think that he will also be able to prove them wrong.  Be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.

31 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I wasn't necessarily comparing their skills per se, more that they both struggled their first year - to where people were actually thinking Hooker was going to be a bust, but he ended up proving them all wrong.  I think with DAE's stuggles this year I've heard a few rumblings of that, but I think that he will also be able to prove them wrong.  Be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.

Right on point.