SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

28 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Odds of a DAE reunion with Jones?

Teams he's been in contact with, apparently.  Also University of New Mexico.

North Dakota transfer De’Sean Allen Eikens tells me he’s been in talks with these schools thus far. UAB, South Alabama, Cincinnati, Cal Poly, New Orleans, Northern Arizona, UNC Greensboro, Illinois State, Morgan State, Rice, Morehead State, Northern Kentucky, IUPUI, NJIT.

16 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Teams he's been in contact with, apparently.  Also University of New Mexico.

North Dakota transfer De’Sean Allen Eikens tells me he’s been in talks with these schools thus far. UAB, South Alabama, Cincinnati, Cal Poly, New Orleans, Northern Arizona, UNC Greensboro, Illinois State, Morgan State, Rice, Morehead State, Northern Kentucky, IUPUI, NJIT.

new mexico?  get real.

6 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

Just shows we let one of the only guys go who was at or above this level I wish the best to DAE.

Let reconvene when we see where he ends up.  The vast majority of that list sucks at basketball and most are not great schools

22 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Let reconvene when we see where he ends up.  The vast majority of that list sucks at basketball and most are not great schools

Yes, most of those teams aren’t great this year but not sure I agree with this take. Cincy, NM and UNCG are usually solid. UAB is good this year. The majority of players at UND in the past 5-6 years have had UND as their only D1 offer, only a few guys have had multiple offers. So to get a guy like DAE who had a ton of solid offers coming in and still obviously has a ton of interest in the portal, he is above the normal level of talent that we can normally get to Grand Forks. Maybe it will be addition by subtraction but I have a hard time believing that. Best of luck to him.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNDFan2577 said:

Yes, most of those teams aren’t great this year but not sure I agree with this take. Cincy, NM and UNCG are usually solid. UAB is good this year. The majority of players at UND in the past 5-6 years have had UND as their only D1 offer, only a few guys have had multiple offers. So to get a guy like DAE who had a ton of solid offers coming in and still obviously has a ton of interest in the portal, he is above the normal level of talent that we can normally get to Grand Forks. Maybe it will be addition by subtraction but I have a hard time believing that. Best of luck to him.

If he ends up at Cincinnati then good for him, they are unlike the rest of the programs on that list.  

I just read Sather's statement in Grand Forks Herald I think he was kind of caught off guard by DAE decision but at least he communicated to fan base and where they were going from here forward. I think this was also learning experience for Sather too in that top recruits at division 1 level are different animal than he experienced at the division 2 level.  I hope in long run its both good for both parties but i do think it changes UND prospects for rest of season it takes away additional depth they were counting on  and now they are going to need to find consistent second option on the floor to score to take some heat off Rebraca .  DAE gave them scoring option plus for his size he did good job rebounding creating offense off that rebound and allowed them if wanted to go small still had good chance of controlling the ball off the boards. I think it is going to put more pressure on Sueker to pick up his outside game and he will definitely have to be able to play more minutes now.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:24 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Best for dae

sorry but After hearing all the good things about him coming in I wasn’t very  impressed 

true...not very polished of a player...had his moments but were offset by those head scratchers....turnovers...missed open shots.

So lets run a hypothetical:  UND makes it through the rest of their conference schedule without postponments/cancellations due to COVID.  They have their BYE week the last week of the conference season (Feb 26-27).  Say this holds true, this would be 14 (or 15) days without playing a game between their last game and the Summit Tournament in Sioux Falls.  Would it be possible for UND to find and play a game against anyone during that stretch?  I don't feel good about waiting 15 days to play a game.  They would be healed up for the run in the tournament but the rust factor would be huge

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So lets run a hypothetical:  UND makes it through the rest of their conference schedule without postponments/cancellations due to COVID.  They have their BYE week the last week of the conference season (Feb 26-27).  Say this holds true, this would be 14 (or 15) days without playing a game between their last game and the Summit Tournament in Sioux Falls.  Would it be possible for UND to find and play a game against anyone during that stretch?  I don't feel good about waiting 15 days to play a game.  They would be healed up for the run in the tournament but the rust factor would be huge

I feel like this would be ideal.