SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

What are the general thoughts on the game again Miami? I for one am pretty anxious for some UND sports. I haven't read anything overly impressive about Miami, but I'm not a basketball guy either. How do we matchup here?

I think we have a good opportunity to win. It’s really hard to predict with all the newcomers. KenPom has Miami at 173 (2 spots ahead of NDSU) and UND at 247. 

After reading 3MW’s MAC preview (https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/mac-preview-2021) they seem like a team that has some good scoring guards but the team really lacks defense. Dae Dae Grant sounds like a guard we will have to contain. 

I’m sure we will have an in-depth synopsis in the next week from the talented@SWSiouxMN

53 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2020/11/18/mens-basketball-und-basketball-announces-first-set-of-non-conference-games.aspx

Non-Conference so far.  I'm guessing they might be working other a few more, but no inside info. 

Only new one is going to Drake. 

Sather tweeted this and stated "More to come" so I'd assume we'll see a few more.

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Didn’t realize Ihenacho wasn’t available for the game against Miami. Sounds like he may be a fixture at the 1 sliding Nero over to 2, with Sims, Sueker and Rebraca rounding out the starting 5. 

Took a listen to it, I was surprised that they would lean with Sims instead of DAE at the 3.  Guess we will see on Wednesday.

Seemed very high on the defensive potential of the team.  This team needs as many game reps as they can.  I hope they can get a few more games on the schedule soon. 

14 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I completely spaced out DAE. I would agree he will likely be in there over one of Sims or Sueker. 

Sims would be a nice fit at the 4 defensively.  DAE would have looked good setting the high screen on Saturday though.  They were leaving that shot wide open and Sims or Sueker couldn’t shoot it or drive to create a shot.  Would change the offense up if someone could consistently score from there.  

27 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

In the comments, it appears SIU has a player from Winnipeg.  A relative of that player speculated this may mean a return game at UND next year.  https://twitter.com/ArlynFilewich/status/1334624648659673088?s=20

2 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

In the comments, it appears SIU has a player from Winnipeg.  A relative if that player speculated this may mean a return game at UND next year.  https://twitter.com/ArlynFilewich/status/1334624648659673088?s=20

That would be nice.  As for now, this is excellent that they are getting two games out of this.  More game reps for a team that needs them. 

After 2 games, Ihenacho, Nero, Sims, Sueker, Rebraca, DAE, G, have shown a lot of positives, and enough negatives, that are hopefully fixable. Overall Defense and FT shooting have obviously been bad.

Maybe Sueker would be better served as scorer off the bench, seems to like to call his own number. Start Sims at 4, DAE at the 3. Shockey does show some potential as well. Danielson seems like a hard working team first guy, but he isn't all that quick and he can't shoot, I want to like him as he's a sather guy. Can someone help me?

19 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

After 2 games, Ihenacho, Nero, Sims, Sueker, Rebraca, DAE, G, have shown a lot of positives, and enough negatives, that are hopefully fixable. Overall Defense and FT shooting have obviously been bad.

Maybe Sueker would be better served as scorer off the bench, seems to like to call his own number. Start Sims at 4, DAE at the 3. Shockey does show some potential as well. Danielson seems like a hard working team first guy, but he isn't all that quick and he can't shoot, I want to like him as he's a sather guy. Can someone help me?

I'll hold off on saying the free throw shooting was bad until a see a few more games.  They did shoot 75% from the line in the first game.  I need to see more.  Defense has shown flashes but overall hasn't been good yes.

I believe they are fixable, but it is going to take lots of game reps and practice to gel as a unit.  I feel good about the depth of the team verses what it was last year.   

Brady needs to develop that 3 point shot.  I don't think speed is a big part of his game but he isn't afraid to use his body and be physical.  He goes hard and does all the little things you want in a player.  He needs to develop that outside shot.  

I'd leave the starting lineup alone as well for now.  

• 2 weeks later...