SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

MN will stay at home for two weeks from Friday March 27th to April 10.

Then three more weeks of social distancing

Then physical distancing for the vulnerable. 

Schools closed until May 4th (distance learning)

Bars and Restaurants closed until May 1st.

Getting close to the fishing opener.  

44 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I’ll admit your reply was funnier. 

There is nothing funny about it.
Not cramer's use of the word, nor your attempt at juvenile 'humor' by repeating it.

Grow up. Or better yet, develop some empathy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tnt said:

So he says 40-80 percent are going to get this regardless, and it might be for a couple months rather than a few weeks, and it still appears he is going to do this anyway?   First of all, how do you throw out completely random numbers like that, and if you actually believe them, why would you make this move --  for the remaining 20 percent?

It's almost Trump like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Why is this on here and why is it allowed mods???

Damn do some of you like being boisterous and put down others with crap like this because they don't party think like you.  Mafia I met you way way back in Joe Sensor's days and you didn't act like this in person back then, but people do change over the years.  Should I post the white nationalist march pictures?  Nazi fascism posters to represent the Republican party?  People are entitled to their opinions but many of you are trying to bully others into submission or into not posting.

I've voted for both parties in the past and neither in last presidential election (I'd like an official 3rd party on ballot).  What many of you that act like this don't realize is you actually make a middle of the road guy like me disgusted and want to vote the other direction.  

I also don't understand the party of pro-life being so callous in essentially wanting others to die.  Sure many things kill people and we don't know the final numbers of this.  And that's part of the problem.  We don't know.  It might be hundreds of thousands or maybe less than flu.  Also on the flu how many died that could've been saved if they got the shot?  I am one that doesn't get the shot.  And yes other problems will arise from this shutdown like suicides.  But if you're all of a sudden so concerned about suicides then maybe you should be worried about guns since they are the leading choice to commit suicide. (and I've had family commit suicide).

Personally I do think closures started too early and unnecessary in areas that haven't had a case yet.  Then I hear as Walz said today Minnesota only has 235 ICU beds.  If no bed and you have this virus he said you are 10 times more likely to die.  I believe all these facts coming from the U of MN.  If that's true then dang kind of important to make sure more infrastructure is in place.  And maybe federal and state governments should have gotten moving in January on this to avoid shutting everything down???  I haven't been able to confirm this but saw where this is more contagious as it stays on surfaces way longer.  Flu spreads to 1.4 people a day.  So even if you were contagious for 10 days it goes to 24 people you infected.  This virus a person averages spreading to 3 people a day.  If true after 10 days (and isn't it contagious longer) you have spread to 59,000 people. Again haven't confirmed this, but even if it's 2 a day it's a jump of infecting 1024 over 10 day period.

This sucks on all fronts and will be debated for a long time after.  Hopefully we learn from it and are better prepared on how to manage this better next time.  Feel free to reply, but I won't be checking.  Following Keikla's lead and out of this thread.  

You're better than us.  

24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Why is this on here and why is it allowed mods???

Damn do some of you like being boisterous and put down others with crap like this because they don't party think like you.  Mafia I met you way way back in Joe Sensor's days and you didn't act like this in person back then, but people do change over the years.  Should I post the white nationalist march pictures?  Nazi fascism posters to represent the Republican party?  People are entitled to their opinions but many of you are trying to bully others into submission or into not posting.

I've voted for both parties in the past and neither in last presidential election (I'd like an official 3rd party on ballot).  What many of you that act like this don't realize is you actually make a middle of the road guy like me disgusted and want to vote the other direction.  

I also don't understand the party of pro-life being so callous in essentially wanting others to die.  Sure many things kill people and we don't know the final numbers of this.  And that's part of the problem.  We don't know.  It might be hundreds of thousands or maybe less than flu.  Also on the flu how many died that could've been saved if they got the shot?  I am one that doesn't get the shot.  And yes other problems will arise from this shutdown like suicides.  But if you're all of a sudden so concerned about suicides then maybe you should be worried about guns since they are the leading choice to commit suicide. (and I've had family commit suicide).

Personally I do think closures started too early and unnecessary in areas that haven't had a case yet.  Then I hear as Walz said today Minnesota only has 235 ICU beds.  If no bed and you have this virus he said you are 10 times more likely to die.  I believe all these facts coming from the U of MN.  If that's true then dang kind of important to make sure more infrastructure is in place.  And maybe federal and state governments should have gotten moving in January on this to avoid shutting everything down???  I haven't been able to confirm this but saw where this is more contagious as it stays on surfaces way longer.  Flu spreads to 1.4 people a day.  So even if you were contagious for 10 days it goes to 24 people you infected.  This virus a person averages spreading to 3 people a day.  If true after 10 days (and isn't it contagious longer) you have spread to 59,000 people. Again haven't confirmed this, but even if it's 2 a day it's a jump of infecting 1024 over 10 day period.

This sucks on all fronts and will be debated for a long time after.  Hopefully we learn from it and are better prepared on how to manage this better next time.  Feel free to reply, but I won't be checking.  Following Keikla's lead and out of this thread.  

It's his opinion and he's entitled to it?

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A record perch would cost about $250 to get hung on your garage wall. 
This chuck of iron costs $10,000 to $15,000 to just get to shore if ice is thick enough for the removal equipment. 

True......but it was more fun to see that perch come out of the ice than would be to see that rig get hauled out.

The Defense Production Act needs to be invoked in full, like now. This country’s corporate overlords can go pound sand.

This is embarrassing:

The U.S. State Department is instructing its top diplomats to press governments and businesses in Eastern Europe and Eurasia to ramp up exports and production of life-saving medical equipment and protective gear for the United States, part of a desperate diplomatic campaign to fill major shortcomings in the U.S. medical system amid a rising death toll from the new coronavirus.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/23/us-medical-supplies-coronavirus-appeal-aid/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics/trump-seeks-allies-coronavirus-help/index.html

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200324011253315?section=national/diplomacy

26 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A record perch would cost about $250 to get hung on your garage wall. 
This chuck of iron costs $10,000 to $15,000 to just get to shore if ice is thick enough for the removal equipment. 

Some years ago I happened to be in Detroit Lakes the morning after a number of vehicles dropped through the ice before a fishing tournament.  Someone made a haul getting them out of the lake.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like I better order some takeout tonight, as I might not have another opportunity to do so in North Dakota soon.

California

The most populous state in the US, encompassing 40 million people, went under a “stay at home” order Thursday, March 19.

• Everyone must stay at home except for critical reasons, such as grocery shopping, visiting the doctor in case of emergency, or to exercise.
  • Gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores, convenience stores, takeout and delivery restaurants, banks, laundromats, and essential government functions remain open.

So essentially not much of anything will change.

In places like California it's probably to ban parks and other outdoor gathering spots....But they have warmer weather.

How will this change anything in Minnesota?

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So essentially not much of anything will change.

In places like California it's probably to ban parks and other outdoor gathering spots....But they have warmer weather.

How will this change anything in Minnesota?

Gotta agree I’m not sure how much this will change things in mn. Can Mafiaman still get his oil changed? As far as I can see, this doesn’t even require malls to shut down. 

On 3/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, Cratter said:

So this guy works at the Mayo Clinic?

He tweeting this study @ media oulets. 

Why? 

The comments are pretty much shed that he probably wouldn't be....

And now today this study made Forbes.

Chloroquine Use For COVID-19 Coronavirus Shows No Benefit In First Small—But Limited—Controlled Trial

No Z-pak was used.

No control group. The other group didn't receive placebos but antiviral/antibiotic drugs.

Virtually everyone recovered....which is to say did they all have mildish symptoms?

The title article headline should read "Chloroquine Use For COVID-19 Shows Benefit in First Small -But Limited - Controlled Trial - But a So Do Other Drugs."