SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

26 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Um, you do realize your username is Redneck, followed by Sioux, right?

Would you feel better if I commonly used a derogatory word to explain a disabled person?

Or maybe if I was pulled over while driving under the influence, after continuing to drive for several minutes in a low speed chase, then denied any testing? Think the drunk still drinks?

Or if I got on national tv and told lie after lie after, 30 more of them?

While I picked the screen name about 17 years ago and have grown up alot since then, redneck seems to personify how most of our state votes, wouldn't you agree?

And yeah, I still refer to UND sports teams as the Sioux.

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Nothing to see there.

Just collateral damage for some here.

Screenshot_20200324-165126~2.png

Not that I'd like either, but I'd rather see Trump's predicted suicides than the deaths of hundreds of thousands with an innocent people with an underlying condition.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Would you feel better if I commonly used a derogatory word to explain a disabled person?

While I picked the screen name about 17 years ago and have grown up alot since then, redneck seems to personify how most of our state votes, wouldn't you agree?

3tzlvy.jpg

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Not that I'd like either, but I'd rather see Trump's predicted suicides than the deaths of hundreds of thousands with an innocent people with an underlying condition.

Wow

59 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Very poor phrasing from Senator Cramer.

Better phrasing would have been something like "This stupid c*nt is playing politics with people's lives and livelihoods and is retarding Congress's ability to get the American people the help they need in this time of crisis"

yeah he's just not a very good liar, he could learn a thing or two from the orange man.

" meant to type "ing" not "ed"

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You'd rather see hundreds of thousands of innocent people with an underlying condition die? 

Compared to hundreds of thousands of suicides? 

90+ year old WI man dies “from coronavirus” — “tragic,” according to the local media here.

20 teenage suicides in the past 5-7 years within a 30 mile radius of my house didn’t generate the same level of attention.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Compared to hundreds of thousands of suicides? 

90+ year old WI man dies “from coronavirus” — “tragic,” according to the local media here.

20 teenage suicides in the past 5-7 years within a 30 mile radius of my house didn’t generate the same level of attention.  

Trump predicted thousands of suicide deaths though.

The expert reports I've been seeing predict hundreds of thousands of deaths to those with underlying conditions. Yes this includes the 90 year old with COPD. It also affects a majority of those 65 and up. It affects the 40 year old with diabetes. It affects the 30 year old with a BMI over 25. It affects a 20 year old with asthma. And it also affects a four year old girl in remission from cancer.

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You'd rather see hundreds of thousands of innocent people with an underlying condition die? 

If this is your attitude after 17 years, maybe the next 17 years will be kinder to you.  You are completely missing the point.  The point is that many people have tunnel vision on the virus....and viruses (and suicides, heart attacks) for that matter kill a certain amount of people every year.  The argument some of us are trying to make is that the total cost of the reaction to Corona isn't being looked at.  If the economy is crashed in the name of saving 50,000 people from dying from the corona virus.......should society consider it a success if saving 50,000 people from virus death resulted in 100,000 dying over the next 2-3 years via suicide/stress heart attacks because they lost their job/retirement and were no longer able to support themselves or their families?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

58 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump predicted thousands of suicide deaths though.

The expert reports I've been seeing predict hundreds of thousands of deaths to those with underlying conditions. Yes this includes the 90 year old with COPD. It also affects a majority of those 65 and up. It affects the 40 year old with diabetes. It affects the 30 year old with a BMI over 25. It affects a 20 year old with asthma. And it also affects a four year old girl in remission from cancer.

I absolutely see your point but you do understand that all those examples don't need the government to make them shelter in place. They can do that on their own.......for as long as they would like.

BTW......I personally saw all those examples you gave out and about during sub zero temps during the peak of flu season a couple months ago.

My apologies for the double above.

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

If this is your attitude after 17 years, maybe the next 17 years will be kinder to you.  You are completely missing the point.  The point is that many people have tunnel vision on the virus....and viruses (and suicides, heart attacks) for that matter kill a certain amount of people every year.  The argument some of us are trying to make is that the total cost of the reaction to Corona isn't being looked at.  If the economy is crashed in the name of saving 50,000 people from dying from the corona virus.......should society consider it a success if saving 50,000 people from virus death resulted in 100,000 dying over the next 2-3 years via suicide/stress heart attacks because they lost their job/retirement and were no longer able to support themselves or their families?

I hope the next 17 are kinder to me:)

Your 50,000 deaths from Corona is way off according to the experts and none of us will ever know what the numbers shoulda/coulda been if......

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You do realize all those examples you g

I absolutely see your point but you do understand that all those examples don't need the government to make them shelter in place. They can to that on their own.......for as long as the like.

BTW......I personally saw all those examples you gave out and about during sub zero temps during the peak of flu season a couple months ago.

The thing is though, they do need the government to enforce a shelter in place. Do you know of anyone who cannot have a transplant now because the hospital system is already overloaded? How about someone that cannot have a life saving surgery to remove a tumor? How about a cancer patient that cannot have their scheduled life saving scans until this slows down further?

There's much more to this than keeping the elderly and those with underlying conditions home. We are where we are now, and the only thing we can do to make things better is by catching up and flattening the curve.

First major uptick in CA COVID admissions on this morning’s Global hospital census.  Including about half in ICU...including an infant, other peds, all ages thereafter as well.  Some with comorbidities many without.  Good news is they are spread across facilities so no bed shortages at this time.

49 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Or maybe if I was pulled over while driving under the influence, after continuing to drive for several minutes in a low speed chase, then denied any testing? Think the drunk still drinks?

And yeah, I still refer to UND sports teams as the Sioux.

As long as you’re able to justify being completely hypocritical in your own mind, congrats.  You do you. 

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Your 50,000 deaths from Corona is way off according to the experts and none of us will ever know what the numbers shoulda/coulda been if......

There are a ton of unknowns, and also a ton of knowns.

Unemployment even in our state is increasing dramatically.  There are not a lot of options for those folks.  This week I have personally had (2) young relatives in service industries lose their jobs.  Thankful our family is able to help them and they will be fine, otherwise they would be screwed.  Many folks are not so fortunate.  This is impacting the mental health of people, especially the younger folks.

It's definitely a balancing act, but we need to implement a plan to restart the economy while taking all the reasonable precautions that we can. 

At this point this is strictly about mitigating all classifications of damages.  

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The thing is though, they do need the government to enforce a shelter in place. Do you know of anyone who cannot have a transplant now because the hospital system is already overloaded? How about someone that cannot have a life saving surgery to remove a tumor? How about a cancer patient that cannot have their scheduled life saving scans until this slows down further?

Do you have examples of this NOT happening?  The son of a family friend of mine is in an ND hospital today undergoing ACL surgery.  

We need the government to enforce a shelter in place order?  Is that what we’re calling martial law these days?  When can I expect the secret police to drop off 15 of my relatives and tell us that we all now live together?  Is the Wisconsin State Patrol going to arrest me when I leave to go get my oil changed later today?  I’m 2,000 miles overdue - seems kind of important.  BTW, my March commission check is on pace to be 1/2 of what it was last year...I’m sure the mortgage company will be sympathetic - at least for a few more days.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic