SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Guess what:  California and New York are going to get a sh-tton of cases because they all live on top of each other. Same as every other malady that spreads via human interaction.  Moving on......

There are lots of places in CA and NY outside of LA/SF proper and NYC where we’re spread out.  I’m on 3/4 of an acre in Ventura County.

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Do you have examples of this NOT happening?  The son of a family friend of mine is in an ND hospital today undergoing ACL surgery.  

We need the government to enforce a shelter in place order?  Is that what we’re calling martial law these days?  When can I expect the secret police to drop off 15 of my relatives and tell us that we all now live together?  Is the Wisconsin State Patrol going to arrest me when I leave to go get my oil changed later today?  I’m 2,000 miles overdue - seems kind of important.  BTW, my March commission check is on pace to be 1/2 of what it was last year...I’m sure the mortgage company will be sympathetic - at least for a few more days.

I'll be happy to provide specific examples to anyone the pm's me. Not going to go public with it, sorry.

15 relatives would be above the recommended groups below 10:) I don't want to see martial law, but if it would save lives I might be temporarily for it. I'd get your oil changed while you can, but that's just me. Sorry about your commissions, mine are taking a hit as well but I'm adjusting as good as I can.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:44 PM, MafiaMan said:

I’ll give my Credit Union a call tomorrow and go with that one...I’ll post their answer here tomorrow night at 6 pm.

Sorry I’m late.  They are mailing me a late notice as per their usual policy.

You can convert lives and hospitalizations to dollars...it’s inelegant, but you can.  I attempted that earlier.  

the fact that we live in such a polarized political environment makes all of this so much worse.  Remember: viruses don’t belong to a party.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

2016:  “TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER - HE IS GOING TO DECLARE MARTIAL LAW AND TAKE OVER THE COUNTRY!”

2020:  “WHY HASN’T TRUMP DECLARED MARTIAL LAW AND TAKEN OVER THE COUNTRY YET?”

Strange days indeed!

Yes sir, And this is the stupid game.  Every decision politicized.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Compared to hundreds of thousands of suicides? 

90+ year old WI man dies “from coronavirus” — “tragic,” according to the local media here.

20 teenage suicides in the past 5-7 years within a 30 mile radius of my house didn’t generate the same level of attention.  

What about deaths due to drug over dose? That kills a lot of our people, too. To me, that’s a tragedy. 

In 2018, 67,367 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States. The age-adjusted rate of overdose deaths decreased by 4.6% from 2017 (21.7 per 100,000) to 2018 (20.7 per 100,000). Opioids—mainly synthetic opioids (other than methadone)—are currently the main driver of drug overdose deaths. Opioids were involved in 46,802 overdose deaths in 2018 (69.5% of all drug overdose deaths).1 Two out of three (67.0%) opioid-involved overdose deaths involve synthetic opioids

Link https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/statedeaths.html

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

What about deaths due to drug over dose? That kills a lot of our people, too. To me, that’s a tragedy. 

Link https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/statedeaths.html

We been down that road here.....multiple times.  Those statistics are irrelevant based on the current crisis. Try to stay on point here.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

We been down that road here.....multiple times.  Those statistics are irrelevant based on the current crisis. Try to stay on point here.

My point was death in whatever form is bad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

2016:  “TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER - HE IS GOING TO DECLARE MARTIAL LAW AND TAKE OVER THE COUNTRY!”

2020:  “WHY HASN’T TRUMP DECLARED MARTIAL LAW AND TAKEN OVER THE COUNTRY YET?”

Strange days indeed!

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching a certain segment of the American population go from "TRUMP IS HITLER, TOTAL AUTOCRAT! HE MUST BE STOPPED" to "TRUMP ISNT DOING ENOUGH! THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MUST TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS(insert laundry list of executive actions)!"

Thanks for all you’re doing Keikla

was talking to some Canadians that have to go home

they were wishing they could stay down here

they were worried about driving back thru NY on their way home, I guess they lose their health insurance if they don’t go home 

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

Actually, I have one more thing to add.

The other day NY put out a call to all retired or currently unemployed healthcare workers and also those in other states who would be willing to come help.

As of this morning, over 40,000 HCP have volunteered.  AMEN.

The good thing about our country is that in times like these most people are willing to help where they can. Our politicians could take note, but they won’t. They’re worried about scooping up a handful of votes here and there when they could make a better impression simply acting with decency.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, keikla said:

Actually, I have one more thing to add.

The other day NY put out a call to all retired or currently unemployed healthcare workers and also those in other states who would be willing to come help.

As of this morning, over 40,000 HCP have volunteered.  AMEN.

My wife considered coming out to NY since she just got laid off on Monday (RN in Twin Cities non-essential surgery clinic).  Two very young boys at home she doesn't want to be away from for potentially months.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like I better order some takeout tonight, as I might not have another opportunity to do so in North Dakota soon.

In Doug we trust......

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic