SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Some potentially good news.  Daily hospitalizations the past week are at their lowest point since the week of Oct 5-Oct 12, and there were 120 fewer daily admissions this past week than the week before.  Hopefully this trend continues to relieve the strain on the hospital systems in the state.

• Upvote 3

An associate says that (Skinny Joey) Merlino might just be willing to flip on Joe Biden and the Pennsylvania political operatives who ordered up some 300,000 election ballots marked for Biden.  The source alleges that Merlino and a lean team of associates manufactured those ballots at a rate of $10 per ballot — a whopping $3 million for three days of work.  They were then packaged into non-descript cardboard boxes and dropped off outside the Philadelphia Convention Center.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/trump-lawyer-tweets-article-alleging-philly-mob-boss-may-reveal-stole-election-exchange-full-expungement-criminal-record/ 

Uze wanz sumpin done in Philly? Yaz gotz ta callz Skinny Joey. ;) :D 

42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sacramento Kings fired the broadcaster who said all lives matter, and hired the guy who said he's afraid to have security at stadiums because they may kill him.

:whistling:

I don’t watch the nba but here is hoping their draft is a failure 

if all lives don’t matter to someone then they are a racist 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

That is a lot of pasta.

Budabing.
Budaboom. 

Honestly, I'd bring (Skinny Joey) Merlino in for a chat. I'd let him make his claims, but he'd better have the proof, as in rock solid irrefutable. And if that meant letting him walk on a lifetime of crime, versus what he'd be uncovering, it's an ugly trade, but one I'd make. 

But who knows how to deal with east coast mob guys, or much less how they operate to know if you should even give them the time of day. If only Trump had access to a prosecutor that cleaned up the mob, in say, New York City. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Nothing to see here 

D54652DD-2C14-47FB-BE47-36D53425F415.jpeg

Why are these conspiracy theories circulating Right-Wing media rarely, if ever, brought into court? 

Surely individuals on the fringe-right have some understanding of the divide between Trump and his lawyers’ PR attack, and what they’re actually arguing, right?  Despite the 'biggest fraud ever' rhetoric (and mountains of accusations), his team is basically arguing technicalities in front of judges.      
I mean Team Trump just withdrew their main argument in PA that GOP election officials were denied access to the monitoring process.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I mean Team Trump just withdrew their main argument in PA that GOP election officials were denied access to the monitoring process.  

Withdrew? I read they amended the claims to be tighter and more focused. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Withdrew? I read they amended the claims to be tighter and more focused. 

That's lawyer speak for "we had nothing".  .

Go read the amended complaint, it's accessible online.  Trump's lawyers literally dropped (sorry 'amended') most of their main allegations.  Their main argument now is that Dem voters received preferential treatment as it pertains to defective ballots.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's lawyer speak for "we had nothing".  .

Go read the amended complaint, it's accessible online.  Trump's lawyers literally dropped most of their main allegations.  Their main argument now is that Dem voters received preferential treatment as it pertains to defective ballots.  

The complaint is unequal treatment under A14. Philadelphia County voters got calls to come in and repair their mail in ballots. Other counties did not. And, the calls were before election day and none of those "come fix" ballots should've been reviewed until election day. So, how do you know who to call (before election day) when you're not supposed to do anything with the ballots until election day. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The complaint is unequal treatment under A14. Philadelphia County voters got calls to come in and repair their mail in ballots. Other counties did not. And, the calls were before election day and none of those "come fix" ballots should've been reviewed until election day. So, how do you know who do call (before election day) when you're not supposed to do anything with the ballots until election day. 

Yep.  That's what they're arguing now.  It's vastly different from their initial complaint.  Obviously they had no evidence whatsoever and had to 'amend'.   But even if Trump somehow manages a victory here, the number of ballots is insignificant.   He's done in PA.    

And that goes to my point.   What's actually occurring on the ground doesn't match, in any way, shape or form, the outrageous PR accusations of Trump, his lawyers, and fringe-right media.  It's actually amusing to see his base get worked up over it.  But that was the plan from day 1.    

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The complaint is unequal treatment under A14. Philadelphia County voters got calls to come in and repair their mail in ballots. Other counties did not. And, the calls were before election day and none of those "come fix" ballots should've been reviewed until election day. So, how do you know who to call (before election day) when you're not supposed to do anything with the ballots until election day. 

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yep.  That's what they're arguing now.  It's a vastly different from their initial complaint.  Obviously they had no evidence whosever and had to 'amend'.   But even if Trump somehow manages a victory here, the number of ballots is insignificant.   He's done in PA.    

And that goes to my point.   What's actually occurring on the ground doesn't match, in any way, shape or form, the outrageous PR accusations of Trump, his lawyers, and fringe-right media.  It's actually amusing to see his base get worked up over it.  But that was the plan from day 1.    

The citizens most sacred right.  equal votes.   Philly denied equal under the PA legislature.  A judge and Commissioner changed the rules illegally.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

The citizens most sacred right.  equal votes.   Philly denied equal under the PA legislature.  A judge and Commissioner changed the rules illegally.  

Given that, it is interesting that one of the strategies being put forth is to remove the "will of the people" and have the state legislators pick their own electors, effectively eliminating those citizens most sacred right.

I think the overall point is that the "fraud" actually being taken front of judges are minimal and even if they were to be proven as accurate, will have absoultely no effect on the final outcome of the election.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Given that, it is interesting that one of the strategies being put forth is to remove the "will of the people" and have the state legislators pick their own electors, effectively eliminating those citizens most sacred right.

I think the overall point is that the "fraud" actually being taken front of judges are minimal and even if they were to be proven as accurate, will have absoultely no effect on the final outcome of the election.

You say eliminating, I would say restoring the disenfranchised citizens most sacred right.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Correct.  For once Trump’s argument has some merit here.  That said, a solid argument could be made either way.  It all comes down to the right of the SoS to require implementation of the procedure.  
We’ll see.  Either way, it'll only change a handful of votes.  

But it’s odd you mention the sanctity of voting.  Trump, with his mountain of frivolous lawsuits, is attempting to discredit millions of citizens’ votes.  
I could understand if his team was making legitimate arguments; but they’re not.  They're throwing everything at the wall to see if it sticks and Trump is getting his *** handed to him because these suits are so ridiculous.  
Trump has every legal right to do as such, but it just shows where his allegiances lie.   I mean even Hillary never went anywhere close this.    

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Who picked those state legislators?

I can name my three I voted for.

Closing thought: We are a republic, not a true democracy. Pick your representatives well. They vote for you the vast majority of the time, like say every legislative session. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who picked those state legislators?

I can name my three I voted for.

Closing thought: We are a republic, not a true democracy. Pick your representatives well. They vote for you the vast majority of the time, like say every legislative session. 

Not disagreeing, just trying to figure out what the concern is:
-There are accusations of citizens' most sacred right being denied
-Citizens' votes don't actually matter in a Presidential election so Trump's legal strategy is a waste of time (though I believe the level of this varies from state to state)