SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 hours ago, TheFlop said:

And you should realize that past returns are no guarantee of future results.  At a minimum the recent Pennsylvania military ballots being tossed in one county shows how easy it can happen (intentional or unintentional).  

The same could be said for in-person voting.   Why don't you focus on that as well?   There are more occurrences of fraud with in-person voting.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The same could be said for in-person voting.   Why don't you focus on that as well?   There are more occurrences of fraud with in-person voting.  

Actually no, but nice try.  It just kills you to acknowledge that the more steps/hands involved in a process the more opportunity for error/fraud exists.  

And using your own logic, if there is currently more fraud involved with in person voting, where there is at least a cursory verification that the correct person is voting....and that person puts their vote directly into the computer.......what level of fraud do you think exists where those same steps aren't being taken?

48 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Pretty much....

Only in America does one side hinge their chance of success at getting every marginal/unwilling to put forth minimal effort/uninterested person to vote for them (funny how it can be turned around so easily huh?)

23 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Only in America does one side hinge their chance of success at getting every marginal/unwilling to put forth minimal effort/uninterested person to vote for them (funny how it can be turned around so easily huh?)

Let's see.

One side wants to register and have people vote.  They, the Democrats, are the political party actively involved in voter registration drives. They are eager to allow anyone to vote. 

The other side, the Republicans, take measures to lower those number of active voters.  Republicsns could get involved in voter registration drives but the choose not to.

And...what the Democrats are doing is a problem? 

I guess that is the mindset of the cult.  A cult follows a leader and does not care about the principles of a democratic society.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Let's see.

One side wants to register and have people vote.  They, the Democrats, are the political party actively involved in voter registration drives. They are eager to allow anyone to vote. 

The other side, the Republicans, tske measures to lower those number of active voters. 

And...what the Democrats are doing is a problem? 

I guess that is the mindset of the cult. 

No one should be discouraged from voting......but I also don't believe that disinterested/uneducated voters should be coaxed into voting for a certain side either.  

25 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

No one should be discouraged from voting......but I also don't believe that disinterested/uneducated voters should be coaxed into voting for a certain side 

They aren't.  Granted, Democratic voter registration drives do target demographics by going to areas that would probably favor their party, most laws do not allow electioneering of any kind during these drives. 

13 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Actually no, but nice try.  It just kills you to acknowledge that the more steps/hands involved in a process the more opportunity for error/fraud exists.  

And using your own logic, if there is currently more fraud involved with in person voting, where there is at least a cursory verification that the correct person is voting....and that person puts their vote directly into the computer.......what level of fraud do you think exists where those same steps aren't being taken?

Fraud/error ≠ number of steps.  For example, 1 time events (in-person) present a whole host of problems not associated with mail voting.      

Like I said, Wisconsin GOP used in-person voting to massively manipulate voting in populated (left-leaning) areas of the state this past spring election.  They did not postpone voting despite a major lack of resources at polls in many cities due to covid.  My home city of Milwaukee had 5 polls open for a population of 600,000.:whistling:

But whatever, keep parading Trump’s talking points if you want.  It's not my job to tell people to think for themselves.   

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

They aren't.  Granted, Democratic voter registration drives do target demographics by going to areas that would probably favor their party, most laws do not allow electioneering of any kind during these drives. 

This occurred in Madison, the liberal haven of the mid-west.  It's not like the Democrats are changing public opinion by doing this.  

Biden will lose the election and the state of PA.

“Bless it, they need the jobs here,” said Ron Richardson, a 58-year-old lifelong Democrat who plans to vote for Trump. Richardson is not impressed by Biden’s support for the plant and his vows not to ban fracking.

“Why did Biden all of a sudden start saying he likes it and everything?” Richardson said of fracking. “He did nothing but talk bad about it...Now, all of the sudden it’s getting closer to the deadline, his attitude on a lot of things has changed. And I am a Democrat.”

The Trump campaign and his allies are working tirelessly to seed such skepticism.

"Don’t forget, I am not the candidate … that said, 'We are not going to have fracking, we are going to ban fracking,'" Trump said at a rally outside Pittsburgh on Tuesday night, alluding to a gaffe Biden made during a primary debate that he later walked back. "Then all of a sudden, he said, 'Maybe I will have some fracking.' And you know that won't last because the radical left won't let them get away with it. I am all for fracking."

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-bidens-pennsylvania-hurdle-voters-182430466.html

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This occurred in Madison, the liberal haven of the mid-west.  It's not like the Democrats are changing public opinion by doing this.  

In fact in 2016 I volunteered time with the Democrats and spent most of my time, after a training session, following up on incomplete registrations.  We were not allowed to wear any campaign gear at all.  I spent a chunk of my time making sure Republicans were registered.  I was happy to do so.

Everyone that can, should vote.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

In fact in 2016 I volunteered time with the Democrats and spent most of my time, after a training session, following up on incomplete registrations.  We were not allowed to wear any campaign gear at all.  I spent a chunk of my time making sure Republicans were registered.  I was happy to do so.

This 110%.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Does this include illegal aliens, or as you would call them, undocumented workers?

Is your position that they can vote?

asking for a friend

13 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Does this include illegal aliens, or as you would call them, undocumented workers?

Is your position that they can vote?

asking for a friend

Of course not.  

But, I see what you must be thinking.  Did the soon to be late Rush Limbaugh along with dear leader get you to buy into the 3 million undocumented aliens voted lie?

You do seem that gullible and easy to manipulate.  Maybe you'll fall off the cliff when dear leader tells you to.

ROTFLMFAO 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Of course not.  

But, I see what you must be thinking.  Did the soon to be late Rush Limbaugh along with dear leader get you to buy into the 3 million undocumented aliens voted lie?

You do seem that gullible and easy to manipulate.  Maybe you'll fall off the cliff when dear leader tells you to.

ROTFLMFAO 

The writing is on the wall.   This election will be decided by turn-out.  This doesn’t bid well for Trump, especially considering so few swing-voters exist this time around due to the ultra-polarized political climate.  Trump won in 2016 with the lowest turnout in 20 years; yet he still lost the popular vote to the most unlikeable candidate in the history of humanity.      

Dissuading people from voting and preemptively discrediting the integrity of the voting process is all Trump can do at this point.    

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The GOP sees the writing on the wall.  This election will be decided by turn-out and that doesn’t bid well for Trump, especially considering this country is so polarized that few swing-voters exist this time around.  Trump won 2016 with the lowest turnout in 20 years.  
Dissuading people from voting and preemptively discrediting the integrity of the voting process is all Trump can do at this point.    

Remind me on Nov 4th.

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Of course not.  

ROTFLMFAO 

Good. I am happy to hear that. I don’t believe there are 3 million undocumented voters, but you should be citizen with a voter ID to vote. And everybody that can legally should vote. 

$1.8M will be spent in ND to "urge" citizens to wear a mask. Total waste of money IMO. Burgum should, at this point, institute a mask mandate in ND based on Redfield's comments that wearing a mask will be as, if not more, effective than any vaccine. Then Burgum should mandates that all businesses, schools and life in general in ND fully open up and get on with it.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

$1.8M will be spent in ND to "urge" citizens to wear a mask. Total waste of money IMO. Burgum should, at this point, institute a mask mandate in ND based on Redfield's comments that wearing a mask will be as, if not more, effective than any vaccine. Then Burgum should mandates that all businesses, schools and life in general in ND fully open up and get on with it.

It's a casedemic at this point.  Get on with life.  Check out the graphs in the link below.

This analysis would suggest a scenario that is in almost diametric opposition to that which we're hearing on the mainstream media and from many governments, such as the UK's. Let's also not forget that while there's been a view portrayed that the pandemic has hit most of the world, especially countries in northern temperate latitudes, hard. let's not forget that the pandemic had little or no impact on all-cause mortality in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Austria and all the Eastern European countries.

Based on concerns of a second wave in Britain, Boris Johnson's government yesterday banned public gatherings of more than 6 people, making protests a bit harder to organise - or at least expensive if you don't mind maying the £100 fine for the first offence (fines rise to £3200 for successive offences).  

For those planning to get married - that's still OK. But only if you observe the new guidance. Be warned, though. You'll need to wear a mask, you can't kiss your new spouse, you can have a disco but you're not allowed to dance - and everyone must stay 2 metres apart. Sounds like a heap of fun (not!). And maybe completely unnecessary. 

If we could follow the Swedes - and be given the right to exercise our freedoms to meet, dance or marry as we choose, we might be a whole lot better off - and out the other side of the pandemic a whole lot quicker. Just maybe.

Let's keep a sharp eye on those data in the coming days and weeks and we'll see ◉_◉.

https://www.anhinternational.org/news/is-there-a-waning-pandemic-behind-the-casedemic/