SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

219 total deaths in the state since the start 6-7 months ago.....over half of them in nursing homes...but yet people are still losing their minds.  Unbelievable.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6678422-North-Dakotas-spike-in-COVID-19-deaths-continues-as-active-cases-hit-record-high-again

The eight residents were all between 60-99 years old and had underlying health conditions, according to the department.

This virus is taking the low hanging fruit.*

*Yes, crass, but the virus is targeting the elderly and infirm (meaning those with underlying conditions). 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

*Yes, crass, but the virus is targeting the elderly and infirm (meaning those with underlying conditions). 

Let’s say we have a serial killer on the loose. Up to this point, the killer has exclusively targeted women, in bars, after 1 am on only Friday nights. Guess how society would respond? I can tell you we wouldn’t close the schools or shut down high school sports.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Holy hell I have repeatedly given you and others FACTS and hard timeline scenarios on exactly how this works, the potential areas of compromise and evidence of the process beeaking down, and being abused and manipulated. 

The repeated stupidity of not being able to recognize how massively this process will be used to manipulate the election is astonishing. So much so that the repeated blindness can not be accidental.

Yet you still spout off arrogant talking points thinking you have some magic superior knowledge.

You have talking points, sheepled into your incapable of learning brain.

You are insane. I'll help you again, but not until you demonstrate knowledge in the 1st and most basic area.

Just because you keep saying something again and again, this does not make it true.

Get. Help.

ROTFLMAO!

Take a look at Colorado voting, which since 2013 has been entirely by mail. 8.06 million ballots cast statewide and you know how many people have been convicted of voter fraud in that period?

NINE.

That's 0.000111687792 percent. Extrapolate that onto the 2016 presidential vote and you'll expect to find 144 fraudulent ballots nationwide.

Do you really want to hang onto that 'manipulate the election' theory?

1 minute ago, mikejm said:

ROTFLMAO!

Take a look at Colorado voting, which since 2013 has been entirely by mail. 8.06 million ballots cast statewide and you know how many people have been convicted of voter fraud in that period?

NINE.

That's 0.000111687792 percent. Extrapolate that onto the 2016 presidential vote and you'll expect to find 144 fraudulent ballots nationwide.

give up, you just are not keeping up with the conversation

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mikejm said:

ROTFLMAO!

NINE.

Is that a small, acceptable percentage for you? That’s a larger number than the fatality rate for covid under 20.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

For the most part, you are exactly right, excluding the unknown of any long-term effects for those that don't get sick enough for hospitalization but still show symptoms.

What it boils down to: If you are in favor with doing our best to protect the vulnerable (which we are already doing) while letting everyone go back to normal life (which will speed how fast the virus transmits to everyone, including the protected vulnerable because they will still end up exposed), then just admit you are fine with the virus taking the elderly and infirm at a multiple that it is currently happening while work towards reaching some sort of end goal (likely vaccine/herd immunity).

Just now, jdub27 said:

For the most part, you are exactly right, excluding the unknown of any long-term effects for those that don't get sick enough for hospitalization but still show sypmtoms.

What it boils down to: If you are in favor with doing our best to protect the vulnerable (which we are already doing) while letting everyone go back to normal life (which will speed how fast the virus transmits to everyone, including the protected vulnerable because they will still end up exposed), then just admit you are fine with the virus taking the elderly and infirm at a multiple that it is currently happening while reaching some sort of end goal at some poing (vaccine/herd immunity).

And explain to us then how the approach you laid out at the end to vilify many here is different than our approach to influenza each year. We sacrifice a percentage of people each year so life can go on, knowing people would be saved if we did things differently.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

219 total deaths in the state since the start 6-7 months ago.....over half of them in nursing homes...but yet people are still losing their minds.  Unbelievable.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6678422-North-Dakotas-spike-in-COVID-19-deaths-continues-as-active-cases-hit-record-high-again

I think it is very believable that you've lost your mind.  

It is, after all, helpful when joining a cult. 

32 minutes ago, mikejm said:

ROTFLMAO!

NINE.

Drive by Mike is back....Here's 7 already in one close county alone in Pennsylvania.....all were Trump ballots that were mysteriously tossed.  Want to extrapolate those results out considering just a minute fraction of people have voted yet?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/pennsylvania-military-ballots-mail-voting-2020-election/

32 minutes ago, mikejm said:

ROTFLMAO!

NINE.

Hey numbnuts...you do understand that in Colorado you prove your eligibility months before any election? Or you don't get a ballot. They are not mass mailing ballots.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I think it is very believable that you've lost your mind.  

It is, after all, helpful when joining a cult. 

About half of 219......(here I'll help you out) that's approximately 110 total people that have died of Covid outside of a nursing home in 6-7 months in ND.  Say her name.....I mean Say those Facts!  Say those facts!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And explain to us then how the approach you laid out at the end to vilify many here is different than our approach to influenza each year. We sacrifice a percentage of people each year so life can go on, knowing people would be saved if we did things differently.

That willingness to go herd immunity quickly is why you are a narcissist, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzon. 

You interpreted herd immunity espoused by the WHO as a means to rapidly get over the pandemic.  That isn't what real health experts want. That is not what they want 

That is a pretty self centered cultist attitude.  Big surprise. 

Wear a mask. Avoid large crowds.  Soclal distance.  Wash your hands.  Quit listening to the soon to be late Rush Limbaugh.

And Go Sioux!

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

About half of 219......(here I'll help you out) that's approximately 110 total people that have died of Covid outside of a nursing home in 6-7 months in ND.  Say her name.....I mean Say those Facts!  Say those facts!

Remeber of those 219 only 153 actually had something to dobwith Coevid....

the others coevid was a completly unrelated factor. i.e. car crash.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You are right, we know the consequences of what damage a typical (and even non-typical) flu season brings and we have made peace with it (though it's admittedly overstated based on how it is estimated). We also know more about influenza, especially that it is less contagious and it is less deadly, so that's part of the equation. What we don't know what the damages would be if we did the same for this virus other than it would be a multiple of what a bad flu would be (as it has already proven to be even with unprecendented measures in place). 

I'm not pretending to have the answers or pick one side or another. I'm strictly pointing out what type of decision those in power have to live with. I don't envy it for a second. It is easy to sit here and say "open it up and whatever happens, happens" while not have to be the one responsible for the unknown of what might happen. It is equally as easy to say "shut it all down until <pick your goalpost to move later> while not to be responsible for things like people's livlihoods and the economy. Some of the responses have been over the top. Some of the restrictions are ridiculous. There are a ton of unintended consequences because of them. Hindsight makes things incredibly easy to criticize the decisions made. Those pretending to know the answers can think that because they aren't the ones who actually have to deal with consequences of decisions made.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Hey numbnuts...you do understand that in Colorado you prove your eligibility months before any election? Or you don't get a ballot. They are not mass mailing ballots.

Hey, Mr. PotHead.

Did a lightbulb just go on over your head.  Really?  

LMFAO 

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Remeber of those 219 only 153 actually had something to dobwith Coevid....

the others coevid was a completly unrelated factor. i.e. car crash.

Do you have any sources that show 30% of ND deaths categorized as associated with CoVid actually had absolutely nothing to do with the person contracting the virus and they would have died the exact same day regardless?

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Do you have any sources that show 30% of ND deaths associated with CoVid actually had absolutely nothing to do with the person contracting the virus and they would have died the exact same day regardless?

He can argue for the 30% but I won't and give anyone that 30%.  Approximately 110 people died, that probably weren't near the end, over a 6-7 month period and some want to grind everything to a halt.  Asinine. 

12 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

haydouche responded with a personal attack to this but  his other isp mikey hasn't...i've heard about how nice and easy it is to vote in colorado but you actually added to the convo with facts....It sounds like Colorado seems to be doing it right by your post they are doing it in a way where you have to prove who you are MONTHS BEFORE SAID ELECTION!

Thanks for helping me win some debates with some libs.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hay/Mike/foxtrot 

GOOD NEWS....

saw some slides in a presentation today and, there IS hope, these people claim educatable is a possibility for you.

Have your mom get in touch with us and we can point her in a direction that can maybe get you some help.

mental-retardation-5-638.jpg

I get it.  I understand why you feel the need to post this kind of stuff. 

I know its kind of embarrassing for you and others in the cult. 

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/

How Donald Trump appeals to men secretly insecure about their manhood

But our research suggests that Trump is not necessarily attracting male supporters who are as confidently masculine as the president presents himself to be. Instead, Trump appears to appeal more to men who are secretly insecure about their manhood. We call this the “fragile masculinity hypothesis.” Here is some of our evidence.

We found that support for Trump in the 2016 election was higher in areas that had more searches for topics such as “erectile dysfunction.” Moreover, this relationship persisted after accounting for demographic attributes in media markets, such as education levels and racial composition, as well as searches for topics unrelated to fragile masculinity, such as “breast augmentation” and “menopause.”

In contrast, fragile masculinity was not associated with support for Mitt Romney in 2012 or support for John McCain in 2008 — suggesting that the correlation of fragile masculinity and voting in presidential elections was distinctively stronger in 2016.