SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

8 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm far from a tax expert, but I am aware that not paying much in the way of Federal Income Tax doesn't really mean much. 

Secondly, Donald told everyone in 2016 he hadn't paid much of anything in income tax. 

Thing is, the potential for fraud is higher in instances like this.   If someone claims huge losses to avoid paying taxes, yet inflates revenues for loan purposes...it’s fraud 101.   And that begs the question, how the hell did Trump get those loans from Deutsche Bank?  

Edit:    wow. Trump’s records show in 2017 he paid $747,622 to an unnamed consultant.  That same year Ivanka’s disclosure forms show that she received $747,622 via a consulting company she co-owned. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

$1.8M will be spent in ND to "urge" citizens to wear a mask. Total waste of money IMO. Burgum should, at this point, institute a mask mandate in ND based on Redfield's comments that wearing a mask will be as, if not more, effective than any vaccine. Then Burgum should mandates that all businesses, schools and life in general in ND fully open up and get on with it.

Have to agree that we shouldn’t have spent $1.8 million on marketing of masks. I can think of a much less costly solution.

also in ND news, we can’t seem to hang on to a state health officer for more than a few weeks. I wonder why?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6679381-North-Dakota-state-health-officer-resigns-after-state-rescinds-quarantine-order

maybe we can find ourselves a Dr Atlas? Or a Dr Oxbow?

https://apple.news/ASz5HNNYAT-aTn-FkAFyo2w

38 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Have to agree that we shouldn’t have spent $1.8 million on marketing of masks. I can think of a much less costly solution.

also in ND news, we can’t seem to hang on to a state health officer for more than a few weeks. I wonder why?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6679381-North-Dakota-state-health-officer-resigns-after-state-rescinds-quarantine-order

Are you the one that put out the information making the rounds on national "news" outlets that ND's positivity testing rate over the last 7 days has been 30%???

First P debate tomorrow night.

The New York Times
By Lowering the Debate Bar for Biden, Has Trump Set a Trap for Himself?

WASHINGTON — President Trump has framed the first general election debate as a test for his opponent, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Yet he has simultaneously set the bar so low for so long that many of his supporters — having watched unflattering, often manipulated clips of Mr. Biden in Trump campaign advertisements or on Fox News — are now expecting the president to mop the floor with an incoherent opponent in something resembling a W.W.E. match.

Democrats — and even some Republicans — believe that is not likely to happen.

56 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

234 deaths coming up on 7 months now in ND ......over half in nursing homes....where even before Covid 1/2 of the people die in 6 months or less, most schools have been back for a month.  We are witnessing the "solution" to this "problem" as we speak. 

5 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

234 deaths coming up on 7 months now in ND ......over half in nursing homes....where even before Covid 1/2 of the people die in 6 months or less, most schools have been back for a month.  We are witnessing the "solution" to this "problem" as we speak. 

And 84 of those 234 deaths have occurred in the past 27 days. Awesome results with your solution flop!

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

And 84 of those 234 deaths have occurred in the past 27 days. Awesome results with your solution flop!

So since over 1/2 the deaths are in Nursing homes just over one nursing home patient a day is dying in a nursing home in ND....who would have ever thought.  Stay hunkered down in your bunker.  

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Thing is, the potential for fraud is higher in instances like this.   If someone claims huge losses to avoid paying taxes, yet inflates revenues for loan purposes...it’s fraud 101.   And that begs the question, how the hell did Trump get those loans from Deutsche Bank?  

Edit:    wow. Trump’s records show in 2017 he paid $747,622 to an unnamed consultant.  That same year Ivanka’s disclosure forms show that she received $747,622 via a consulting company she co-owned. 

Who do you think is better at their job - Trump's lawyers/accountants or the IRS?

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Who do you think is better at their job - Trump's lawyers/accountants or the IRS?

It doesn't excuse it, it does show a broken system, and maybe Trump is one of the worst examples (maybe not), but if someone thinks that any candidate that makes it to a presidential election is going to be much different when it comes to finances that person also believes that a thin piece of old t-shirt over their mouth is also gonna keep them safe from an aerosol virus.  By the time you become a presidential candidate, you are no longer pulling in your money via earned income.  

Pick your candidate based on policy....don't be naive enough to think that when it comes to finances that you and 99.9% of America have anything in common with either candidate. 

Every time this tax stuff comes up it just blows my mind the percentage of people who don't understand how taxes work. You think Trump gets paid as an employee the way the guy making minimum wage at the local gas station does? It's the system that's the problem, not the people who find ways to take advantage(Legally) of the way the rules are written. 

If he's done things illegally, than he should be prosecuted like anyone else. If not, and you still have a problem with it, contact your representatives and get the laws changed.

• Upvote 2

James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas on Sunday exposed how mass voter fraud takes place in Minneapolis, helping Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar defeat her opponents.

The bombshell video was done with the aid of insider Omar Jamal, who revealed mass voter fraud and shared with Project Veritas investigators details of the sophisticated planning that goes behind the pay-for-vote scheme.

https://thepostmillennial.com/project-veritas-exposes-ilhan-omar-cash-for-votes-ballot-harvesting-fraud

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Every time this tax stuff comes up it just blows my mind the percentage of people who don't understand how taxes work. You think Trump gets paid as an employee the way the guy making minimum wage at the local gas station does? It's the system that's the problem, not the people who find ways to take advantage(Legally) of the way the rules are written. 

If he's done things illegally, than he should be prosecuted like anyone else. If not, and you still have a problem with it, contact your representatives and get the laws changed.

I wonder how much in taxes the 20,000 plus employees of trump's companies pay?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And if he is their employer, guess what he has to pay to run their payroll??????? You guessed it, taxes!!!

Oh, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

You claim to understand taxes.  Yet, here you are confusing payroll taxes with Dear Leader's personal taxes. 

I'm sure that's the new spin from Faux News and other reich wing news sources. 

The desperation of the cult is amazing.

FB_IMG_1601303354203.jpg

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

Oh, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

You claim to understand taxes.  Yet, here you are confusing payroll taxes with Dear Leader's personal taxes. 

I'm sure that's the new spin from Faux News and other reichvwing news sources. 

The desperation of the cult is amazing.

FB_IMG_1601303354203.jpg

I'm not confusing anything. Wealthy people rarely pay personal income tax. They own real estate which they are depreciating, they own business assets which they are depreciating. They pay millions upon millions in taxes, but not personal income tax. Capital gains tax, payroll tax, property tax, corporate income tax etc.

You are the one who doesn't understand and it shows.

• Upvote 2

Wasn’t this covered when the New York Times was anonymously sent a 90’s or early 00’s copy of Trumps tax return.   He acknowledged at that time taking advantage of loop holes in the tax code for real estate and other businesses.  The net operating loss deduction was one. There were others as well.  If the loopholes were still available, why would he change the way he is paying taxes.  

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic