SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The article you posted disagrees with you. He plainly states we will never be completely rid of this and we will need to achieve herd immunity at some point. People who aren't vulnerable to this virus should be doing the opposite of what you say. Why post an article if you are planning to disagree with it?

That is what a 560 score on the SAT reading comprehension section will get you.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, homer said:

I actually know plenty of people who will likely vote for Biden that have kids in school and playing sports.  They even attend their sporting events with their children’s grandparents.   I don’t feel it makes them bad and being in public certainly doesn’t make them Trump supporters.  Heck, they aren’t even wearing masks. 

Well it does make them "creepy".

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sounds like the white trash militia cosplayers are coming back to Portland tomorrow in hopes of conflict with the anarchists. Get ready for plenty of shaky videos intended to make the other side look bad.

Isn't there something that can be done that keeps all of these people off the streets? Peaceful protests sure, I'm with that. But we all know how this will end, can't they get ahead of it somehow?

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Isn't there something that can be done that keeps all of these people off the streets? Peaceful protests sure, I'm with that. But we all know how this will end, can't they get ahead of it somehow?

I KNOW!
Declare a global viral pandemic and that everyone should stay at home.

Oh.
Yeah.
Nevermind.

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I think the original permit for the Proud Boys was denied,  but they still found a way. It'll undoubtedly be declared a riot which then allows cops to arrest anyone still there, but it would be nice to prevent it rather than react to it.

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I think the original permit for the Proud Boys was denied,  but they still found a way. It'll undoubtedly be declared a riot which then allows cops to arrest anyone still there, but it would be nice to prevent it rather than react to it.

Absolutely.  Portland shouldn't be waiting for inevitable 2nd disruptive force to show up before taking action. 

Mindreading: No human can do it, but still they claim to be able. 

President Donald Trump gave officials no solace Wednesday and Thursday when he again refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power no matter who wins the election, and Thursday, he doubled down by saying he was not sure the election could be “honest.” His hedging, along with his expressed desire in June to invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act to send active-duty troops onto American streets to quell protests over the killing of George Floyd, has incited deep anxiety among senior military and Defense Department leaders, who insist they will do all they can to keep the armed forces out of the elections.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/at-pentagon-fears-grow-that-trump-will-pull-military-into-election-unrest/ 

They think (mindread?) that Trump wants to use the military in the election. 

I understand these are two completely different scenarios, so the comparison isn't nearly perfect, but why are we ok with taking people's rights away for Covid, but not for these destructive riots? This has been four months of this now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I understand these are two completely different scenarios, so the comparison isn't nearly perfect, but why are we ok with taking people's rights away for Covid, but not for these destructive riots? This has been four months of this now.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/portland-police-chief-chuck-lovell-speaks-about-police-plans-for-proud-boys-rally-on-saturday-watch-live-at-2-pm.html

The rallies are 3 miles apart, didn't realize that was the case until now. 

I think shutting down the protests at first would have bad optics, but if you give a mouse a cookie...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/portland-police-chief-chuck-lovell-speaks-about-police-plans-for-proud-boys-rally-on-saturday-watch-live-at-2-pm.html

The rallies are 3 miles apart, didn't realize that was the case until now. 

I think shutting down the protests at first would have bad optics, but if you give a mouse a cookie...

I'd amend that to "planned for 3 miles apart."

One group will go antagonize the other.

3 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Please explain to us how you would stop whole sale fraud in mail in ballots when: 

1.  Some states are mailing out unsolicited ballots to every reg. voter.  So what happens to the ballots that go to dead people or people that have moved?

2.  Some states are not requiring any vertification - signature doesn't matter, etc.

3.  Some states are going to count for up to 14 days after the election.

They already have ballots that have been thrown away.  

Why would Trump not be worried about a fair election.

Study up on how vote-by-mail actually works.

6 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Not the most neutral source around, but with the exception of Mr Drive-by Mike, most people would acknowledge that while massive mail fraud has not been an issue in the past, the general nature of it along with this being one of the most contentious elections ever makes it an area that could be exploited.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

He's already sent them into cities without state/local approval, no? And it was beyond the scope of "protecting federal property".

Which is unfortunate because he did it with the support of most of the citizens in those areas who were being held hostage by their local leftist leadership.  

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Study up on how vote-by-mail actually works.

Holy hell I have repeatedly given you and others FACTS and hard timeline scenarios on exactly how this works, the potential areas of compromise and evidence of the process beeaking down, and being abused and manipulated. 

The repeated stupidity of not being able to recognize how massively this process will be used to manipulate the election is astonishing. So much so that the repeated blindness can not be accidental.

Yet you still spout off arrogant talking points thinking you have some magic superior knowledge.

You have talking points, sheepled into your incapable of learning brain.

You are insane. I'll help you again, but not until you demonstrate knowledge in the 1st and most basic area.

Just because you keep saying something again and again, this does not make it true.

Get. Help.

• Upvote 2