SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You seem to think I'm some card carrying "defend the Dems at all cost" chump. Not everyone needs the comfort of groupthink to reach self-actualization. There's no better way to pigeonhole yourself than blind adherence to a political party, religion, etc.  Heck, I'm often forced to distance myself from fellow Sioux fans in hockey circles.

Biden is just pandering to the stupid rust belt religious folk who make or break his campaign (thanks to the electoral college), much like his opponent has done. Does this attempted association mean he is one of the pedophiles QAnon is rallying against? Ill hang up and listen...

Barrett's Kingdom of God soundbit sure sounds like she drinks the koolaid of the anthrocentric belief that spirituality boils down to a deity that decided to model humans and humans alone in his own image. Even as a kid that seemed unlikely and simple-minded to me. But hey, she's a female!

The original rogue politician, Jesse Ventura, said it best: organized religion is a crutch for the weak minded.

Barack Obama talked about doing the Lord's work. Was this a problematic statement?

Latching onto the "Kingdom of God" statement implies you dont believe religious folks should be allowed to serve as judges or government officials. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

he's prepared...he sees what might happen and is planning accordingly.  lots of my friends are "preparing" too.

Again, do you think we give a !@#$?

Believe me, if the government wants to get you, they will. 

Now, live in fear cultist. 

38 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I'd hope most Conservatives were fully aware Trump was a sleazy and immoral POS, disapproved of his antics and rhetoric, but voted for him based on his politics; especially considering Hillary was the alternative.  

I dunno.  Maybe you can tell me if those fine citizens at Trump rallies cheering his extracurricular juvenile BS are reflective of the typical conservative voter.   

If they are, Jesus Christ the Right-wing is more backwards than I thought.  

Once again, 60 million.  You pointed to a rally with 5000 people.  

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Again, do you think we give a !@#$?

Believe me, if the government wants to get you, they will. 

Now, live in fear cultist. 

totally agree sometimes "they" will even drop a bomb from a  drone on a son looking for his father in yemen that was just killed in a different drone strike.

21 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Barack Obama talked about doing the Lord's work. Was this a problematic statement?

Latching onto the "Kingdom of God" statement implies you dont believe religious folks should be allowed to serve as judges or government officials. 

Re: Barack, I certainly didn't approve, but it's less offensive than using the bible as a political prop a la you know who.

I didn't say religious folk shouldn't serve, they just shouldn't use their religion as justification for anything that applies to people outside of their faith. What happens when a *gasp* Muslim gets a seat? Separation of church and state exists for a reason.

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

So taking precautions against Covid is 'living in fear'.  Yet arming yourself against something that probably wont ever occur (especially in out-of-the-way North Dakota) is deemed completely fine.    

200912170953-03-opinion-weekly-cartoons-       

most people aren't too afraid of antifa or blm considering they are mostly a bunch of suburban 5'2" 105lbs white people (both men and women btw) that have never got in a fight in their whole life (watch that video of that little guy getting chased by that mountain of a man and then getting slapped). most people are afraid of people breaking into their homes at night and calling 911 and saying a social worker will be there in half an hour with a dr. phil book.

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

So taking precautions against Covid is 'living in fear'.  Yet arming yourself against something that probably wont ever occur (especially in out-of-the-way North Dakota) is deemed completely fine.    

200912170953-03-opinion-weekly-cartoons-       

One of those is a choice, the other is government mandated. You know that comparison doesn’t hold any water.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You seem to think I'm some card carrying "defend the Dems at all cost" chump. Not everyone needs the comfort of groupthink to reach self-actualization. There's no better way to pigeonhole yourself than blind adherence to a political party, religion, etc.  Heck, I'm often forced to distance myself from fellow Sioux fans in hockey circles.

Biden is just pandering to the stupid rust belt religious folk who make or break his campaign (thanks to the electoral college), much like his opponent has done. Does this attempted association mean he is one of the pedophiles QAnon is rallying against? Ill hang up and listen...

Barrett's Kingdom of God soundbit sure sounds like she drinks the koolaid of the anthrocentric belief that spirituality boils down to a deity that decided to model humans and humans alone in his own image. Even as a kid that seemed unlikely and simple-minded to me. But hey, she's a female!

The original rogue politician, Jesse Ventura, said it best: organized religion is a crutch for the weak minded.

This 100%

The most exasperating aspect of politics nowadays (as reflected on this board) is blind adherence.  Any criticism towards a party is interpret as an attack from the opposing party.   

We've become a party over country entity.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This 100%

The most exasperating aspect of politics nowadays (as reflected on this board) is blind adherence.  And criticism towards a party is interpret as an attack from the opposing party.   

I always vote for two Republicans locally.  They are moderates and have been true public servants doing what is right for our county and city. 

I was going to vote blue all the way down the ballot, but I don't want to lose their service to our area. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This 100%

The most exasperating aspect of politics nowadays (as reflected on this board) is blind adherence.  Any criticism towards a party is interpret as an attack from the opposing party.   

pretty rich statement coming from a lib

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Being 100% upfront with the American public has nothing to do with a government mandate. 

That’s not the point you were making. You were saying that “preppers” are hypocrites if they make fun of people who are for the precautions that have been taken for Covid. Some of those precautions weren’t made by choice and ruined lives. Not the same thing as personally preparing for unrest that most people believe will be worse in the weeks following the election, regardless of the outcome.

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Pretty typical statement coming from a cultist.

Also, don't assume that I don't like being called a liberal.  I'm fine with it.  No stigma to it.  What have conservatives ever done to make progress in this country?  Nada. 

Liberals/progressives are the change agents.  

Comservatives are the laggards.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Also, don't assume that I don't like being called a liberal.  I'm fine with it.  No stigma to it.  What have conservatives ever done to make progress in this country?  Nada. 

What an ignorant statement.

Fiscal conservatism has kept capital in the hands of the innovators, private sector innovation in an infinite number of cases has progressed our country and the world forward for hundreds of years.

It’s a complete different paradigm for you I’m sure, but government isn’t the only way to advance society, in fact it’s a rather inefficient way, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

20200921_112947.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

We've officially entered bizarro-world when moderate conservatives and liberals are chastised and deemed 'never Trumpers' and/or 'no longer part of the party'; on both sides of the isle.  .  

People like you are part of the problem, not the solution.  Congrats.    

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What an ignorant statement.

Fiscal conservatism has kept capital in the hands of the innovators, private sector innovation in an infinite number of cases has progressed our country and the world forward for hundreds of years.

It’s a complete different paradigm for you I’m sure, but government isn’t the only way to advance society, in fact it’s a rather inefficient way, in my opinion. 

Wel, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.  Let me tell you something. 

True conservatives are also good for our country.  Liberals are early adapters, which at times isn't a good thing mainly due to the unintended consequences of that change.  True and reasonable conservatives can hold back change a bit so more of the consequences can be considered.  

Yes, liberals want more government oversight mainly because they see it as a tool for change.  Conservatives prefer the government leaves it alone due to the nature of oversight and chsnge. 

Right now, it is totally dysfunctional.  Mainly because the GOP trying to rig the system with voter suppression and gerrymandering.  The outdated Electoral College doesn't help either. 

This is an attempt to shove the will of the minority down the majorities' throat.  In 7 out of the last Presidential elections the vote went to the Democrats.  It did not reflect that in governance.  

If it contonues without a correction, it will spiral even further out of control.  That correction will hopefully occur in November. 

• Upvote 1