SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

22 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Can't handle the truth Soyboy? lol.

Oh, gotta save this gem of inbreeding. 

LMFAO.

A term used by whiny alt-righters to insult anybody who even remotely dissents from hyperconservative orthodoxy.

The term is typically used by frustrated involuntarily celibate white males who portray themselves as victims of those who reduce their arguments by calling them Nazis and racists; these males tend to have no self-awareness of the irony that they themselves are doing the exact same thing by calling their opposition soy boys.
Regular person with nuanced, balanced opinions: Hey, maybe racism can exist in subtle ways that we are consciously unaware of.
Alt-righter: Hey! Stop saying things I don't like! Soy boy!

8 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Sweet jesus.....

The DOJ is seeking to defend President Trump (instead of his personal attorneys) in a defamation civil suit regarding an alleged rape in the 1990s.   They’re justifying this by claiming Trump was acting “within the scope” of his job duties when he made the allegation denial.  

This assures  1) any embarrassing disclosures will not be released until after the election; 2) taxpayer money will foot the bill; and 3) taxpayer money will pay for all potential damages.  

Trump and Barr sure are draining the swamp!!

don't they just have to play the anderson cooper clip and the case will be dismissed?

2 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

One wonders if the award is even about "peace".  After all, Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize the same year his administration killed about 70 non-combatants in predator drone strikes.

fixed...remember when anderson cooper says non-combatants it sounds better to the non-woke

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Note article date: 
https://armenianweekly.com/2019/05/27/66629/ 

Newsweek uses the word ... "again" ... in their headline.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-nobel-peace-prize-1530575 

Same guy who nominated this year claims he did also for the 2019.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/donald-trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-2292878 

I can say I've nominated you and no one can truthfully say otherwise until the official list of nominees is released 50 years from now.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Can you honestly defend Biden as not corrupt? His history speaks for itself in this regard if you ask me.

This comes back to an earlier post I made, calling someone corrupt has zero effect on me and/or my ability to vote for them as I'm starting from the position that they are all corrupt immoral people. 

That’s just a convenient way to justify corruption.  Politics, just like hockey, isn't called by the book; players can be sneaky dirty.  But there still exists a difference between a love-tap and checking from behind.  

Whatever though, I think most people on the Right have reached the "so, what?” stage at this point.    

11 minutes ago, mikejm said:

I can say I've nominated you and no one can truthfully say otherwise until the official list of nominees is released 50 years from now.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/02/why-obama-got-a-nobel-peace-prize-for-nothing-and-trump-never-will-for-anything/

While it's accurate we don't have confirmation from the Nobel committee, the people saying they nominated Trump actually have the authority to nominate Trump.  I don't know why this is such a big deal.

President Trump has been nominated for the prize by two Norwegian legislators — valid nominators, under committee rules — for his peace overtures to North Korea.

https://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/peace

Qualified nominators

Revised September 2016

According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:

• Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of states
  • Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
  • Members of l’Institut de Droit International
  • Members of the international board of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
  • University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
  • Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)
  • Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

Are you a qualified nominator?

19 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I am a qualified nominator.  I officially nominate Goon.  His contributions to saving the planet from Antifa are unmatched.  Selfless heroism.  :p

To be honest with you, my life is pretty mundane. I think we should nominate @MafiaMan instead. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I am a qualified nominator.  I officially nominate Goon.  His contributions to saving the planet from Antifa are unmatched.  Selfless heroism.  :p

Kind of supports my position that being nominated isn't a big deal and there's no reason for mikejm to be upset when Trump is nominated.  I mean if YOU can nominate someone, then.... ;)

Also, when Obama admittedly does nothing to actually deserve winning the award, and they give it to him anyway, I think we can go ahead and just stop caring about the award.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That’s just a convenient way to justify corruption.  Politics, just like hockey, isn't called by the book; players can be sneaky dirty.  But there still exists a difference between a love-tap and checking from behind.  

Whatever though, I think most people on the Right have reached the "so, what?” stage at this point.    

Seems like you're catching on. 

Draft documents from the Dept. of Homeland Security were just made public that detail the most “persistent and lethal threat” to the US through 2021.

Wait for it….

White supremacist extremists

C'mon protesters, Antifa and BLM, you're slacking!   

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/09/08/white-supremacy-is-most-lethal-threat-to-the-us-dhs-draft-assessment-says/

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Not a convenient way to justify corruption, more of a coping mechanism so I can get through the day with the knowledge that we live in a corrupt country and our representatives and "leaders" are some of the least impressive among us.

Nobody who isn't playing dirty would ever rise to a significant level in politics. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mikejm said:

Why would someone make such a claim knowing the scorn and ridicule that comes with it?