SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

44 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well, that's the million dollar question we've been dealing with for ages.  How to solve it?  Perhaps solve the disease instead of throwing trillions at the symptom.        

Yeah, that "peace in the Middle East" thing is a testy, persistent problem. 

Oh, wait, ... you were talking "the war on drugs". 

Nevermind. 

Endless wars. 

Crabby guy here. 

Life is negotiation, give and take. 

I'll give legalized weed ... if ... and there's always one of those ... if you give me my ask:

Driving under influence, proven by blood test, and you kill someone gets you the death penalty. Period. 

And that's weed ... or booze. 

I'll give you the play toy, but I want the friction to make sure misuse is not worth the risk. 

Signed,
A guy who's been broadsided by drunk going 50 mph in town. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So.

There was evidence that Schiff knew existed but it's his fault that the Senate was the one who withheld the evidence that he couldn't present to prove collusion existed so then Schiff was at fault and that's the way it is now that the Senate report proved collusion.

Yeah.  Uh huh.  

supposedly knew existed....he kept saying it, and when asked to present it...crickets

38 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So.

There was evidence that Schiff knew existed but it's his fault that the Senate was the one who withheld the evidence that he couldn't present to prove collusion existed so then Schiff was at fault and that's the way it is now that the Senate report proved collusion.

Yeah.  Uh huh.  

The Senate Report did not prove or even assert collusion lol.

He said he had evidence. He didn't say "the senate is withholding evidence from me." This isn't particularly complicated. 

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Now that it is proven, what do we hear from the cult?

Crickets. 

What was proven? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crabby guy here. 

I'll give legalized weed ... if ... and there's always one of those ... if you give me my ask:

Driving under influence, proven by blood test, and you kill someone gets you the death penalty. Period. 

I'll give you the play toy, but I want the friction to make sure misuse is not worth the risk. 

Signed,

What blood test do you use to confirm that the driver was actually under the influence of marijuana before you put him/her to death? 

If the driver's positive blood test was from last week's marijuana use, putting him/her to death might be a bit Draconian no matter how tragic the car wreck was.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crabby guy here. 

Signed,

What state gives the death penalty for manslaughter while driving under the influence?   Oh, I almost forgot. 

Period. 

6 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

If the driver's positive blood test was from last week's marijuana use, putting him/her to death might be a bit Draconian no matter how tragic the car wreck was.

Tell that to the dead person killed by a pot user behind the wheel. 
(Golly, that "what about the children" type reply is actually kinda fun. :D

I've said it before: Here's how you get away with murder in America --> Be seen in a bar 'consuming' (but pouring them in a plant); then, go drive over your victim; then, slosh down a fifth of whatever beverage it was you were pretending to drink at the bar and then hit a curb/pole/tree. Cops show up and you're blackout drunk. The worst you'll come away with is vehicular manslaughter (and that's if you have a bad lawyer). 

32 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Tell that to the dead person killed by a pot user behind the wheel. 
(Golly, that "what about the children" type reply is actually kinda fun. :D

I've said it before: Here's how you get away with murder in America --> Be seen in a bar 'consuming' (but pouring them in a plant); then, go drive over your victim; then, slosh down a fifth of whatever beverage it was you were pretending to drink at the bar and then hit a curb/pole/tree. Cops show up and you're blackout drunk. The worst you'll come away with is vehicular manslaughter (and that's if you have a bad lawyer). 

Right, but would other irresponsible drivers be held to the same standard?    How about some ***hole joyriding going 50 miles over and kills someone?  A driver who falls asleep at the wheel because he chooses to drive home after a 16 hour shift?   Someone who drives a car not fit for the road?   Gross negligence comes in many forms.  

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crabby guy here. 

Signed,

Have you actually tried weed? Equating it with alcohol suggests you haven't. Driving stoned isn't anything like driving drunk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Have you actually tried weed? Equating it with alcohol suggests you haven't. Driving stoned isn't anything like driving drunk.

well that is the dumbest post of the day....and thats saying alot!

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I said equating weed with alcohol is not the right perspective. And I don't think fear of stoned drivers should prevent legalization.

well, working in an industry where i am in and out of alot of different cars, you would be shocked(well maybe not you, i guess) at how many people smoke weed in their vehicles...it is crazy.  the amount of vehicles that have an empty alchol container, or bottle cap in them compared to a smoked up vehicle is almost close to 50-1 on the weed side.  so, yes, it is a big problem when it isnt legal, i can only imagine if it was legal