SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Why would anyone want to move to NYC? 

Immigration to New York City Declines, Amplifying Economic Concerns

New York City’s economy depends on immigrants, but at a time when it needs all the help it can get, the flow of new residents from overseas is slowing.
Immigration to New York City dropped 45% between 2016 and 2019, with about 34,000 immigrants moving to the city last year compared with 62,000 in 2016, according to an analysis of U.S. Census Bureau population estimates by William Frey, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. City officials and immigration advocates say tighter federal immigration policies and delays in processing visa applications during the pandemic have reduced the flow of transplants.
---snip---
The population of Illegal immigrants in New York dropped 25% between 2008 and 2018, according to the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs. The office attributes the decline to the U.S.’s slow recovery from the 2008 recession, an improving Mexican economy and increased enforcement along the border.

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

Happy Fourth Turning everyone!

Buckle up; the revolution is just around the corner!

That’s what you’re going with?

From Wikipedia:

Academic response to the theory has been mixed—some applauding Strauss and Howe for their "bold and imaginative thesis" and others criticizing the theory as being overly-deterministic, unfalsifiable, and unsupported by rigorous evidence,[4][5][6][7][8]"about as scientific as astrology or a Nostradamus text."[9] Strauss–Howe generational theory has also been described by some historians and journalists as a "pseudoscience"[6][10][11] "kooky",[12] and "an elaborate historical horoscope that will never withstand scholarly scrutiny."[13][14][15] Academic criticism has focused on the lack of rigorous empirical evidence for their claims,[16] and the authors' view that generational groupings are more powerful than other social groupings such as economic class, race, sex, religion, and political parties.[17]

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

That’s what you’re going with?

From Wikipedia:

Academic response to the theory has been mixed—some applauding Strauss and Howe for their "bold and imaginative thesis" and others criticizing the theory as being overly-deterministic, unfalsifiable, and unsupported by rigorous evidence,[4][5][6][7][8]"about as scientific as astrology or a Nostradamus text."[9] Strauss–Howe generational theory has also been described by some historians and journalists as a "pseudoscience"[6][10][11] "kooky",[12] and "an elaborate historical horoscope that will never withstand scholarly scrutiny."[13][14][15] Academic criticism has focused on the lack of rigorous empirical evidence for their claims,[16] and the authors' view that generational groupings are more powerful than other social groupings such as economic class, race, sex, religion, and political parties.[17]

Yes.

59 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Interesting theory.  Was 9/11 responsible for the delay in timing?

Good question.  I don't know.  But as some describe it, sounds like we're heading towards a Civil War . . . .

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see the countries: West Coast; Northeast to DC; the place in the middle with food and energy. 

I could see the middle going from Hudson Bay to the Gulf of Mexico. West would probably include Vancouver BC.

Quote from article:

China has passed "an extraordinary and historic test" with its handling of the coronavirus, President Xi Jinping said Tuesday at a triumphant awards ceremony for medical professionals decorated with bugle calls and applause.

a group of people standing in a room: Chinese President Xi Jinping (C) hands a medal to Zhong Nanshan (L) -- the country's most famous medical expert who emerged as the face of China's fight against Covid-19

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-passed-extraordinary-virus-test-says-bullish-xi/ar-BB18O4k2?ocid=msedgdhp&fullscreen=true#image=1

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cohen-calls-trump-cult-leader-book

Michael Cohen, the former personal lawyer to President Trump, called the president a "cult leader" in an interview with NBC ahead of the release of a salacious book about his time working for the president, saying that those in the Trump "cult" are forced to defend his actions no matter how reprehensible they might be.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

A Forum writer liked this on Twitter.  Is this for real?  

My first thought: this guy is an idiot. Second thought: school started at the exact same time the spike happened in late August. 

My guess about 90% of this report was written in July before the rally.

I wouldn't put it past our P that on the evening of November 3rd, Trump will see a "Red Mirage" across America and be declaring himself a winner.

Creating "The Gap" which will be from November 4th to January 20.

Some R supporters doubt election will be fair.
Trump, "Only way I lose is if election is rigged."

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cohen-calls-trump-cult-leader-book

Michael Cohen, the former personal lawyer to President Trump, called the president a "cult leader" in an interview with NBC ahead of the release of a salacious book about his time working for the president, saying that those in the Trump "cult" are forced to defend his actions no matter how reprehensible they might be.

Please dont tell me you think this guy has any credibility?????

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2020 at 9:10 PM, NDinCO said:

Really? At what cost? Any? So you're going to vote based on policies and actions be damned? 

So Trump the trash human being can do anything he wants and you're okay with that as long as he promotes your agenda? "Sounds good to me!" said every dictator ever. 
If you answer 'yes' to the above question then you don't care if we live in a democracy. If you answer 'no, then your rationale is fallible because that means you do have limits to bad (aka illegal, immoral, unconstitutional) behavior. 

Do you not give a crap about the constitution? About checks-and-balances? That's what this election is really about for me. Trump does not give one sh1t about the constitution. And that's not hyperbole. Left to his own devices he would be just like his BFF Putin. But many people don't believe that or just don't care, and that's scary.   

Trump hasn’t done anything to hurt this democracy and if anything strengthen it. Congress and the courts have had plenty of checks and balances on some of his policies and some have been overruled. To me the check and balances are working just as intended. The democrats and republican establishments have been just as corrupt as Trump but you can’t see that because you have your blinders on. Why else would the establishment band together to try and stop Trump?

Trump is the one who cares about what’s best for this country! Look at all the campaign promises he kept  and when was the last time that happened!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic