SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Here it's because of need. People aren't buying cases full of it and trying to make a buck off it. Most will get a bottle or two and make sure there's more for others. I can still get toilet paper at every store, just not hand sanitizer. 

They’re not?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mystateline.com/news/national/tennessee-brothers-taking-heat-for-buying-17000-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer-amazon-pulls-sales/amp/

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Here = Germany. I'm pointing out that people aren't trying to get rich off a pandemic over here, whereas in the states, lots of people are me me me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, southpaw said:

Here = Germany. I'm pointing out that people aren't trying to get rich off a pandemic over here, whereas in the states, lots of people are me me me.

I apologize I didn’t realize you were in Germany.

31 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So what was the hoax?

He was referring to the media, who were accusing him of doing nothing to prepare for the corona virus.  He called it their newest attempt to discredit him, aka their latest hoax.  

Listen to the entire clip of his statement sometime instead of the carefully edited videos from CNN.  

Or, just ask yourself, why would he order the first quarantine in 50 years when he ordered no travel from China on February 1st.   And then, on February 28th, call the Corona virus a hoax?   Hint:  the timeline of the main stream media's ridiculous accusations make zero sense.  

• Upvote 2

From Phoenix~

When taking a cruise with the old lady, what I saw & perceived was a day like any other Sunday, pre-corona. Normal flow of traffic, quite a few families on bikes, walking & a few with babies in strollers. Normal traffic also at the restaurant & grocery store we visited. All without masks & gloves, except for a couple of women. People seemed rational, and at times were very friendly; much more so than Black Friday. I told her that this was comforting to see...it was as if..hmm..it was as if people weren't buying into the fear-programming...yet anyway, because things can turn quickly if the news outlets report more restrictions, limitations & bans; if the Fear Meter is turned up a couple of notches. So we enjoyed a nice day of normalcy. 

I told my wife that the best assets to have in these times weren't hand sanitizer, tp & masks; but a clean diet, sunshine, laughter, a ton of common sense & a questioning mind...& a lot of bottled water doesn't hurt either. Lol

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I’m not defending Trump,  but  why aren’t these travelers carrying their own sanitizers, masks gloves and anything else they think they need?  Why do you think they all need gloves?  Do all healthy people need a mask?   If you have traveled in the last month or so, you will see many travelers are wearing masks and have their own hand sanitizer.   Why should we have to purchase personal products for those who don’t prepare for travel?  I’ve had to wait in long customs lines here and elsewhere when there wasn’t a health crisis.  I’m not there,  so I’m not sure what the delay is. If we want to check everyone’s temp then are we going to provide cots and pillows cuz the delays will be much longer. 

The bottleneck happened because the flights from Europe were funnelled into certain airports.  Predictable, really.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, keikla said:

I find the entire mask debate to be quite interesting.  As I had noted previously, I work for two different hospital systems.

One system has repeatedly said that you don't need a mask unless:

1) You are an employee who did not get the annual flu vaccine, and that's a requirement by law from NYS for Nov-April

2) You are going into the room of a known patient or PUI

3) You are a patient who has arrived at the ER and is displaying symptoms

4) You are a patient on isolation who needs to be transported within the hospital for tests, etc.

The other system is requiring that all patients, visitors, and staff wear a mask at all times.

As you mentioned, the CDC and most expert opinions are to preserve the PPE for when needed.  That being said, if my one staff member who is positive had worn a mask all day, maybe I wouldn't have 5 others on quarantine right now.

But you would concur not everyone in this country needs to be wearing a mask as of right now. 

14 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Spit it out, Doug. 

5 days? WTF is going to change in 5 days.

So Doug says the cut of for a mass gathering is 50 people per CDC.

I'm getting motion sickness from the sign lady...

Does Doug not realize he'll follow the domino effect and he'll be shuttering everything by Thursday.

Baesler.....no slurring. So far so good.