SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Why would you reopen schools March 27th?

Unless you for whatever reason thought the virus would be on the decline then.

They won't reopen. My oldest won't be going back to UND. I'll have both daughters home everyday starting  on Wednesday making TikToc videos.

14 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Obesity.  This country is brimming with ridiculously fat unhealthy people of all ages.  It's something Europe/Asia didn't necessarily need to concern themselves with in their outbreaks. 

We have a completely new set of potential risk factors, which is part of the problem. 

The US obesity rate is near 50 percent, with morbid obesity numbers in double digits.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

They won't reopen. My oldest won't be going back to UND. I'll have both daughters home everyday starting  on Wednesday making TikToc videos.

Maybe...this closure adds 3 additional days to the Minneapolis school district, due to spring break. I suspect it will extend into April.  Situation dependent as always.  Get them off the TikToc!  

30 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Maybe...this closure adds 3 additional days to the Minneapolis school district, due to spring break. I suspect it will extend into April.  Situation dependent as always.  Get them off the TikToc!  

Right.....I'll send my youngest to soccer practice  starting next week. I'll have my oldest go get a job tomorrow. Oh wait they aren't allowed to do anything per a couple posters here.

Thanks for the advice.....

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right.....I'll send my youngest to soccer practice  starting next week. I'll have my oldest go get a job tomorrow. Oh wait they aren't allowed to do anything per a couple posters here.

Thanks for the advice.....

Your logic is getting better by the day

• Upvote 2

Spain in full lock-down now. 

Trump's main guy at NIAID, Dr. Fauci, was just on TV and didn't reject the notion of this country doing the same.  

Meanwhile, the first known occupational transmission has occurred.  That sucks, doctors/nurses/medical employees are the true heroes in this situation.    

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/er-doctor-in-new-jersey-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-officials-say.html

Crazy times we're living in.  

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Spain in full lock-down now. 

Trump's main guy at NIAID, Dr. Fauci, was just on TV and didn't reject the notion of this country doing the same.  

Meanwhile, the first known occupational transmission has occurred.  That sucks, doctors/nurses/medical employees are the true heroes in this situation.    

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/er-doctor-in-new-jersey-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-officials-say.html

Crazy times we're living in.  

Crazy times indeed. We will be in a full lockdown within a week.

I got one last day of skiing in yesterday at Keystone. No lift lines. Late yesterday afternoon the press release was out stating all Vail Resorts will be closing for a week. Then an hour later our governor issued an executive order shutting them all down. Get comfortable at home because this is the direction we are headed. Make the best of it and help out your neighbors.

It is human nature to overestimate short term implications and underestimate the long term. Think about what this could result in after the dust settles.

If you're a small government advocate, the CDC official trying to explain their piss poor response by saying he expected more interest and investment from the private sector basically ruined your position for the foreseeable future.

Beyond that, short commercial real estate. More jobs are going to go full telecommute.

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

If the media is going to show any picture of groups of people gathering and claiming "outlandish".

We are in for a long Coronavirus season.

Well that didn't take long.

Media member criticizing people for gathering at a bar.

Now let's get them high school cafeteria pictures out there into the public people. Hurry!

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Well that didn't take long.

Media member criticizing people for gathering at a bar.

Now let's get them high school cafeteria pictures out there into the public people. Hurry!

giphy (4).gif

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Crazy times indeed. We will be in a full lockdown within a week.

I got one last day of skiing in yesterday at Keystone. No lift lines. Late yesterday afternoon the press release was out stating all Vail Resorts will be closing for a week. Then an hour later our governor issued an executive order shutting them all down. Get comfortable at home because this is the direction we are headed. Make the best of it and help out your neighbors.

Well said.   

Like it or not, it's the direction we're headed in.  And we're hardly unique.  Most of Europe/Asia are being asked to do the same as we are and/or will be.   

Deal with it, do the best you can, and give a helping hand to those in need.  

89710529-10157229115831275-4420552161209

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well said.   

Like it or not, it's the direction we're headed in.  And we're hardly unique.  Most of Europe/Asia are being asked to do the same as we are and/or will be.   

Deal with it, do the best you can, and give a helping hand to those in need.  

Want to see where America will be in a week? Look at Europe today. People not packing into bars and restaurants, limiting number of people allowed on a store at a time, borders closing to everyone but commuters and freight, public transportation shutting down. 

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Obesity.  This country is brimming with ridiculously fat unhealthy people of all ages. (edit)

Safe to say you could call the obesity problem in the US, happening for at least the last four decades, a true crisis: creating 10 y/os who are type-2 diabetics who can't even see their own shoes, 30 y/os who need bypasses, putting a financial strain on everyone else, putting a damper on my ogling at the local mall, etc.

It's hard to effect meaningful dietary changes in a free market, with so many options & temptations, but the onus is on parents to set a good foundation in their children's lives, & they've failed miserably in this respect. 

The solution: fast food companies in hs cafeterias, prescriptions to treat symptoms instead of sound nutritional advice & endless lip service.

Apologies for going off topic, now back to the corona scare...