SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

5909e42c1054bc83d97c88442541aebf.jpg

Right......and this is the same doctor and "expert" that said on January 23 about lockdowns in the US: "...there is no chance in the world we could do that to Chicago or to New York or to San Francisco."

But at least he got the mask thing right from day 1..........

#hero

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right......and this is the same doctor and "expert" that said on January 23 about lockdowns in the US: "...there is no chance in the world we could do that to Chicago or to New York or to San Francisco."

#hero

https://edhub.ama-assn.org/jn-learning/audio-player/18197306

"Let's see what happens."   Hmmm.   Seems that you didn't quite give all the information. 

Let's look at that and read it in context:

HB: Now, I think people pick up the newspaper-- it's being covered on the front page of almost every newspaper in the United States-- and are following the stunning developments in China.  I mean to try to quarantine a city of 7 to 10 million and now kind of circle quarantine of 35 million.  Can you comment on that?  And I know there was an editorial in the New York Times by Howard Markel about whether this will be effective.  Can you just talk about that, Tony? 

AF: It is unprecedented.  They've not only shut out the traffic out of Wuhan-- planes, trucks, buses, ferries, rail-- but they've done it to a number of the surrounding cities.  Wuhan has a population of 11 million.  Some of the cities that most people have never heard of have populations of 5, 6, 7 million.  So, at least 35 million people are on lockdown.  There's no precedent for that.  There has been some downside in trying to essentially quarantine an entire city.  It was not successful when the officials in Monrovia tried to lock down the people with the Ebola outbreak.  It causes panic and it causes an interruption of supplies that people need.  However, the reason I'm not criticizing this, Howard, is that it's been never done on a scale like this and it could possibly work.

So, rather than say historically it doesn't do much good-- which is true-- I think it's important to wait and see that maybe the Chinese-- because of the state of their society, that they're able to do that.  I mean, as you well know, there's no chance in the world that we could do that to Chicago or to New York or to San Francisco, but they're doing it.  So, let's see what happens. 

HB: Oh, it would be a challenge in the United States.  That's for certain. 

AF: Right. 

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

"Let's see what happens."   Hmmm.   Seems that you didn't quite give all the information. 

HB: Now, I think people pick up the newspaper-- it's being covered on the front page of almost every newspaper in the United States-- and are following the stunning developments in China.  I mean to try to quarantine a city of 7 to 10 million and now kind of circle quarantine of 35 million.  Can you comment on that?  And I know there was an editorial in the New York Times by Howard Markel about whether this will be effective.  Can you just talk about that, Tony? 

AF: It is unprecedented.  They've not only shut out the traffic out of Wuhan-- planes, trucks, buses, ferries, rail-- but they've done it to a number of the surrounding cities.  Wuhan has a population of 11 million.  Some of the cities that most people have never heard of have populations of 5, 6, 7 million.  So, at least 35 million people are on lockdown.  There's no precedent for that.  There has been some downside in trying to essentially quarantine an entire city.  It was not successful when the officials in Monrovia tried to lock down the people with the Ebola outbreak.  It causes panic and it causes an interruption of supplies that people need.  However, the reason I'm not criticizing this, Howard, is that it's been never done on a scale like this and it could possibly work.

So, rather than say historically it doesn't do much good-- which is true-- I think it's important to wait and see that maybe the Chinese-- because of the state of their society, that they're able to do that.  I mean, as you well know, there's no chance in the world that we could do that to Chicago or to New York or to San Francisco, but they're doing it.  So, let's see what happens. 

Yet you continue to take trump quotes completely out of context. Double standard as always.

11 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Just curious...…...in your warped world what percentage do you assign to "no chance"?  What you posted doesn't provide any different context. Spin it how you want.....like you usually do.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just curious...…...in your warped world what percentage do you assign to "no chance"?  What you posted doesn't provide any different context. Spin it how you want.....like you usually do.

Well, let's see what happens 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

How can you take "grab them by the pussy" out of context?

I guess a true cult member can...

I’m sure your private conversations put on display would be about sunshine and rainbows right?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Well, let's see what happens 

That's not an answer.  What does "no chance" mean if it was taken out of context? 

And "see what happens"? You not being a complete ass clown??

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's not an answer.  What does "no chance" mean if it was taken out of context? 

And "see what happens"? You not being a complete ass clown??

I'll run that by a health care professional and see what they say.

In the meantime, everyone wear your masks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I'll run that by a health care professional and see what they say.

In the meantime, everyone wear your masks.

You are the biggest coward I have ever come across on a message board. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

I see The Forum sent a reporter to the Sawyer Brown concert to mask-shame, narc off all those who removed their mask, and ask the people if they really care about Covid.  No agenda in that piece at all. 

if their agenda is to promote public safety, good. 

If your agenda is to ignore public safety which puts people at risk, STFU.

Quit whining and wear a mask.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

if their agenda is to promote public safety, good. 

If your agenda is to ignore public safety which puts people at risk, STFU.

Quit whining and wear a mask.

I do.  I am not the subject of the article.  And f#ckoff weirdo

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I do.  I am not the subject of the article.  And f#ckoff weirdo

I'm glad you do.  I'm sure health care professionals are happy you do also.

It must be frustrating living in an area where people do not wear masks and display a narcissistic attitude toward health and safety. 

If I were you, I would be frustrated also. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I'm glad you do.  I'm sure health care professionals are happy you do also.

It must be frustrating living on an area where people do not wear masks and display a narcissistic attitude toward health and safety. 

If I were you, I would be frustrated also. 

I am good.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

#hero

For those trying to lay blame on Trump for a freaking virus or our response to it.

In late April, Dr. Fauci said that President Trump has asked many questioned and challenged our plans but at this point he has not gone against anything we have suggested. He did implement the travel ban which we didn't think was necessary and that was a decision that probably saved thousands of lives.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I see The Forum sent a reporter to the Sawyer Brown concert to mask-shame, narc off all those who removed their mask, and ask the people if they really care about Covid.  No agenda in that piece at all. 

As I mentioned before. I have masks in my vehicle and wear one into the building when I call on a customer and see what their business protocol is. I also wear one whenever I go into a grocery, convenience store, or place of business out of courtesy to the employees. I am also starting to realize that I also wear one so that I do not have to knock anyone out. ???:D:D

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic