SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

15 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I get it. I know a vaccine isn’t a cure. There are people out there that are fine letting it just run its course and just let it be what it is. I don’t agree with that stance when there’s a number of things we can be doing in an attempt to save lives.

So what are you personally looking for moving forward? No deaths? No positve cases? What would appease you?

A majority of the population has no intent on getting the vaccine when its available. Do we still limit kids in school? Do we shut off water and utilities for a birthday party of 10 or more? Do we still have lockdowns  in areas where a vast majority didn't get vaccinated? 

When do we as a country get out of this rabbit hole?

• Upvote 4

From the University of Minnesota.

COVID-19 counts seem to plateau as US nears 5 million cases

Daily case counts for new COVID-19 infections across the country seem to be settling into a high plateau of 50,000, as the nation marches toward the 5 million-case milestone, expected to be reached by early next week.

According to The Hill, though case counts are dropping in Arizona, Florida, and Texas — the main hot spots in June and July — the US daily case count has only dropped from 70,000 cases per day in mid-July to 50,000 cases per day this week.

The high plateau means more deaths will likely follow in August, and new states, including Georgia, Missouri, and Tennessee, are seeing increasing daily counts. Over the last week, national daily death tolls have hovered around 1,000 fatalities.

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So what are you personally looking for moving forward? No deaths? No positve cases? What would appease you?

A majority of the population has no intent on getting the vaccine when its available. Do we still limit kids in school? Do we shut off water and utilities for a birthday party of 10 or more? Do we still have lockdowns  in areas where a vast majority didn't get vaccinated? 

When do we as a country get out of this rabbit hole?

Personally I’d like to see the anti-ppe rhetoric eliminated. 

Don’t wear a mask, whatever. But to encourage others not to wear them because it infringes on your civil liberties, no thanks, I think we are better off without that attitude. 

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right......and this is the same doctor and "expert" that said on January 23 about lockdowns in the US: "...there is no chance in the world we could do that to Chicago or to New York or to San Francisco."

But at least he got the mask thing right from day 1..........

#hero

WHO also said banning travel was a over reaction and unnecessary. Schummer said is was racist and CNN said it was xenophobic.

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Personally I’d like to see the anti-ppe rhetoric eliminated. 

Don’t wear a mask, whatever. But to encourage others not to wear them because it infringes on your civil liberties, no thanks, I think we are better off without that attitude. 

I agree. Its really not that big of a deal to wear one. But the wingnuts gotta get off their high horses when they see somebody who isnt wearing one.  If somebody isnt wearing one you should get the hell away from them.  Confronting them puts you are risk.  Plus some just forget to wear one like I did yesterday when I went in the local meat market.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

The difference here is that covid is looking to be much more deadly than influenza currently is. Even with the measures we’ve taken it’s still probably 6x deadlier. Open everything back up and get rid of masks.....who knows

It is pretty well established that Covid is significantly more deadly in certain populations, and significantly less deadly in others relative to the flu.  Seems to make logical sense to protect those in the high risk groups, which are a pretty small portion of the population.  It seems like this is largely happening know as indicated by the much lower fatality rates.

What transpired in NY absolutely should not happen again.

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I agree. Its really not that big of a deal to wear one. But the wingnuts gotta get off their high horses when they see somebody who isnt wearing one.  If somebody isnt wearing one you should get the hell away from them.  Confronting them puts you are risk.  Plus some just forget to wear one like I did yesterday when I went in the local meat market.

People need to remember it goes both ways. Is an immunocompromised individual’s civil liberties being infringed upon if they or their family members cannot safely go out in public because no one is wearing masks? Or is requiring mask use infringing on your civil liberty to go in public without one?

There’s a simple solution and we all know it’s coming, I just don’t see the benefit in delaying it. It will fix this argument as a whole. It’s a mask mandate.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

People need to remember it goes both ways. Is an immunocompromised individual’s civil liberties being infringed upon if they or their family members cannot safely go out in public because no one is wearing masks? Or is requiring mask use infringing on your civil liberty to go in public without one?

There’s a simple solution and we all know it’s coming, I just don’t see the benefit in delaying it. It will fix this argument as a whole. It’s a mask mandate.

Immunocompromised people are responsible for themselves, they always have been. Covid doesn’t change that. 

We already have one in Minnesota, my guess is it will have zero affect on the cases.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Nope just call them like I see them.

You are exactly what is wrong with our country in 2020 and you're so arrogant that you think you are enlightened. You are a sad clown and you entertain nobody but yourself.

And the real problem going forward in this country is that these type of people are so convinced of their superior intellect that no amount of logic, sanity, or correction can convince them of their wrongness.

It's the result of poor parenting, poor education and being conditioned that if the facts and results don't provide the feelings or gratification wanted, the facts and results are wrong.

Those parents and educators that allowed the little jonnys and karens to be raised like this, thinking theybwere doing the best for their child, will ultimately create the worst possible reality for their children to live in. 

If logic, facts and truth don't convince these kids that they are wrong, sooner or later, the lessons of reality will be painful and filled with destruction and anarchy.

We are at the precipice of this RIGHT NOW in this country, and im not sure we havent already tipped over the side of unreconcilable chaos.

Kids need to be told when they are wrong, and corrected. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Why in your mind is a vaccine(untested with the vigor as usual vaccines for safety and efficacy) superior to people acquiring covid naturally. Especially when the vaccine won’t have a high opt in rate.

This is where Mandatory vaccination comes in.

Without proper testing and trial protocols that is a very scary and dangerous potential especially in such a volatile political climate.

• Upvote 2

Mask mandates will have zero to a negative reault.

I cant stand the hypocrisy in people screaming "Wear masks, its proven science they work"

Those same people are unwilling to engage in the reality that scientifically THERE ARE SPECIFIC AND NECCESSARY PROCEDURES that MUST be followed for mask to be effective.

As a scientist itbis impossible to ignor these.   99.9% of the masks ive saw people wearing are worthless, not "helps some" WORTHLESS. 

Doctorsb ont slap their masks on and off between surgeries, slop it into the cup holder, slap it back on, touch all the stuff is stores, door handles, credit card machines, grap their masks to takenoff, put it on, sit down and toss out a grumpy, touch their mask again, and then think it makes a difference.

The real study needs to be taking cultures from the inside and outside of the mask.....

Literally probably better off just licking people's faces as a greeting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

There are plenty of 'opposite' wingnuts too.  Like the large wingnut who mocked & ridiculed my father-in-law for wearing a mask in grocery store.

Both extremes need to come back to the middle and shut their respective mouths.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, mikejm said:

How about statistics?

Colorado has been voting completely by mail for quite awhile. The system has been called the "gold standard" by election experts both liberal and conservative.

2,600,000 ballots were cast in the 2016 general election: ZERO fraudulent ballots.

I'm not very good at the maths, but I think that is 0.00%

This is not the mail in voting in question. It’s the mail mailing of ballots to all registered voters regardless of if they live there or if they are dead or alive. Look at the mess NY is in with their mail in ballots and the people who got charged in NC. Rushing to push mail in ballots without a proper system will just lead to a election night disaster. Nobody is worried about UT, FL or CO’s system.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Here's a challenge for the sewing circle.

Go for it!

FB_IMG_1596760858076.jpg

Biden Voter Challenge:

go to work and grope one of your coworkers just like Biden has done in the past.

See if you make it past 9am without getting canned!

If you are not willing to do this, you obviously realize that this is not acceptable behavior for an adult. 

calling Trump a creep is like calling the kettle black!

You must realize the insanity of what you are proposing?  So does the peanut butter industry need to close up shop because they are violating a kid's rights who has an airborne peanut allergy?

• Upvote 1

In other news.....MN nursing homes....a controlled setting with what I can only imagine is 100% mask compliance....is seeing a slight uptick in cases....but masks are the solution. https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-covid-19-cases-increasing-among-long-term-care-residents-and-workers/572041592/

6 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

if their agenda is to promote public safety, good. 

If your agenda is to ignore public safety which puts people at risk, STFU.

Quit whining and wear a mask.

People at risk should be wearing masks or better yet staying home! If they get infected it’s their own fault! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Again.....what is the end game you are personally looking for?  Is it in deaths? In positive cases?  It's simple questions. If it's a mask mandate than you are even more clueless on this subject than I thought.

Masks....they help. Not a cure. A vaccine.....it will help. Not a cure. There is not a cure......but most of us would prefer to get on living.

I've already told you, I'd like to see the anti-ppe rhetoric come to an end. I believe it's dangerous and will cause covid to kill more people than it otherwise would. Unfortunately people are either too selfish or maybe just too stupid, so it will never end as many tie this rhetoric in with their political beliefs. There wouldn't need to be a mandate if people would just do the right thing and wear them.

• Upvote 1

People who are immuno compromised should be staying home and out of public interaction. They have a choice whether to risk it and go into public. If they do they should wear a mask. But again I don’t feel sorry for people who get infected when they decide to go into crowded places with or without a mask. They made that personal choice and they will have to live with it.

20 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

You must realize the insanity of what you are proposing?  So does the peanut butter industry need to close up shop because they are violating a kid's rights who has an airborne peanut allergy?

Are you insinuating that jars of peanut butter are spewing peanut droplets into the air?