SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

On 6/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Now three new symptoms: diarrhea, nausea, runny nose. 

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1047021/cdc-three-new-coronavirus-symptoms-diarrhea-runny-nose/

A while back I said I went through ORD in mid-January and was as sick as I’ve ever been two weeks later to the day for about 36 hours. Coincidence? My symptoms? Nausea, diarrhea, chills, fever, fatigue, body aches ... just like in the CDCs updated list. 

Have you gone in for the antibody test? I know of someone with the similar in February, recent antibody test showed negative for igg.

11 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Any comment on Traitor Trump selling out our soldiers to Putin?   He's an absolute disgrace for a human being and the worst president in our history.

I believe Trump is the best foreign policy President since Thomas Jefferson.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

If there was going to be a protest on the beach they'd be open. 

Asinine. How the closure can include bike trails is simply unfathomable. I feel confident that most people would just as soon take their chances with the virus.

Government fear mongering is out of control. And the power has gone to their heads in the worst way. 

Which is it...social distancing and masks?  Stay at home?  If the masks work as advertised, what's the problem?  If they don't work, why the constant badgering?  Does personal liberty mean anything to anyone anymore?

Who are we even protecting at this point?  The sick and elderly, or the fragile egos of those who have pushed all of their chips into the middle in the name of 'one death is too many' on little more than paranoia and self-aggrandizement?

Who wants to live in this version of America anyway?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Asinine. How the closure can include bike trails is simply unfathomable. I feel confident that most people would just as soon take their chances with the virus.

Government fear mongering is out of control. And the power has gone to their heads in the worst way. 

Which is it...social distancing and masks?  Stay at home?  If the masks work as advertised, what's the problem?  If they don't work, why the constant badgering?  Does personal liberty mean anything to anyone anymore?

Who are we even protecting at this point?  The sick and elderly, or the fragile egos of those who have pushed all of their chips into the middle in the name of 'one death is too many' on little more than paranoia and self-aggrandizement?

Who wants to live in this version of America anyway?

I'd like to get Fauci's opinion on this before I comment....   :silly:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'd like to get Fauci's opinion on this before I comment....   :silly:

Well, not all mask lives matter. You see all masks aren't the same. If there was a standard for all masks and a requirement standard, I wouldn't have a problem. Ftr, I have no problem wearing a mask at Costco or getting a haircut. Again, though, the masks are a dog and pony sh^t show. 

37 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

They’d also open for a trump rally, oh wait that’s Arizona, but now their bars and gyms are shut. :huh:

Speak to the topic at hand.  it was about closing beaches.  Which makes no sense at all when comparing to all the other outdoor events going on around the country.

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Speak to the topic at hand.  it was about closing beaches.  Which makes no sense at all when comparing to all the other outdoor events going on around the country.

So the indoor events are ok while the outdoor events are not. Hence the dumpster fire.

22 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Exactly. Same reason the polls always slant to the left. Lazy non working folks have plenty of time on their hands to sit on the phone answering meaningless surveys. 

Polls don't slant to the left.  What are you talking about?  If you are referring to 2016, the national polls were within 1% of the correct total.  The state polls in a few states were off because they weren't conducted as often and missed the late movement to Trump.

The polls were correct in 2018 in seeing a blue wave.

Trump could still win since there is a ton of time between now and November and the electoral college favors the Rs, but if the election were to be held today it would be a bloodbath in favor of Biden.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, SiouxForever said:

I can respect Costco’s stance on masks. Will I wear a mask in my car or my own home? Not a chance in hell! Getting a haircut? Yep- done it twice. Golfing or restaurant/patio or other - no way! 

I have been playing hockey too since April. We’ve been just fine! 

Nobody is telling you to wear a mask in your car or at home.  Where is that coming from?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Polls don't slant to the left.  What are you talking about?  If you are referring to 2016, the national polls were within 1% of the correct total.  The state polls in a few states were off because they weren't conducted as often and missed the late movement to Trump.

Trump could still win since there is a ton of time between now and November and the electoral college favors the Rs, but if the election were to be held today it would be a bloodbath in favor of Biden.

Nobody is telling you to wear a mask in your car or at home.  Where is that coming from?

Can’t vote without knowing the full ticket.  The D’s have done a good job locking their candidate in the basement.  Can’t do that until November.  His voting base may want to know where he stands on these important protest topics before they decide to vote.  Easy to stay popular when you don’t have to attempt to form complete sentences explaining your stance on different topics.  

39 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Nobody is telling me to wear a mask at home or in my car, but when I drive around and get outside, people are doing it in Fargo. A bunch of sheep/idiots. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Nobody is telling me to wear a mask at home or in my car, but when I drive around and get outside, people are doing it in Fargo. A bunch of sheep/idiots. 

How do you know people are wearing masks in their own homes just by driving around in Fargo?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Maybe they cannot safely socially distance from the others riding with them? If I pick up one of my parents, you bet your ass we are wearing masks. Does that make us sheep/idiots?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe they cannot safely socially distance from the others riding with them? If I pick up one of my parents, you bet your ass we are wearing masks. Does that make us sheep/idiots?

Huh? These people are driving by themselves and I doubt the ones I see are food delivery people. Move on, you're just as a waste of space on this forum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yes

7 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Huh? These people are driving by themselves and I doubt the ones I see are food delivery people. Move on, you're just as a waste of space on this forum. 

When did siouxsports get filled with a bunch of judgie/nosey people? Looking at people in their home and cars? Really? You have no idea what situation people in but go ahead and judge if it makes you feel better.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

a couple quick stories....in the past month i have seen probably a dozen differnt people riding a bicycle, by themselves, and wearing a mask....what the heck?   and on sunday i was at the columbia mall(wasteland, whatever you want to call it), and saw a family walking in the mall, 2 kids roughly 4 to 8 years old, both kids wearing masks, parents....no masks.    so where the hell are people getting their information from?   wanted to hand everyone a "here's your sign" sticker