SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

India. Brazil. China. Russia. All are having reappearance. 

I trust nothing out of China/Russia.  Brazil is in a league of their own.

How about Germany/UK/Canada?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The viruses were here first and will be here after we are gone.

Herd immunity is the best weapon we have, a well developed human immune system. But it comes at a price, as does any war. 

What price is too large?    

Mayo Clinic:

Even if infection with the COVID-19 virus creates long-lasting immunity, a large number of people would have to become infected to reach the herd immunity threshold. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.

17 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

What price is too large?    

Mayo Clinic:

Even if infection with the COVID-19 virus creates long-lasting immunity, a large number of people would have to become infected to reach the herd immunity threshold. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.

Given everything in this virus situation to date, you lost me at experts estimate.

And what of the recent CDC admission that actual infections may be as much as ten times the reported total. We could be closer to herd immunity than we know or yet understand. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN23W2PU 

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sweden. No lockdown and lower death rate per capita. 

Sweden has 5200 deaths and cases are still climbing.  Norway has 249 deaths and new cases are in the teens.  Denmark has 604 deaths.  

Sweden's GDP was flat in Q1, while Norway and Denmark were around -2%.

Q2 estimates for Sweden are -6%.  

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Drs. Fauci And Birx are some of the experts of question based on past and present track records. 

The experts did better than the man in charge.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/timeline-president-donald-trump-changing-statements-on-coronavirus/

Feb. 26: 58 confirmed cases in U.S. 

The 15 cases in U.S. "within a couple days is going to be down close to zero"

• "I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it that — and I spoke with Dr. Fauci on this, and I was really amazed, and I think most people are amazed to hear it: The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. But think of that: 25,000 to 69,000. ... "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done," the president said during a Coronavirus Task Force Press briefing at the White House.

March 10: 1,300 confirmed cases in U.S. 

"Just stay calm. It will go away"

• "Well, this was unexpected. This was something that came out of China, and it hit us and many other countries. You look at the numbers; I see the numbers with just by watching you folks. I see it — it's over 100 different countries. And it hit the world. And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away," the president said on Capitol Hill after meeting with Republican senators

39 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I would hope "experts" know more than Donald Trump about novel infectious diseases.

And I would hope that citizens would listen to the experts, but here we are.

27 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

And I would hope that citizens would listen to the experts, but here we are.

Which citizens, exactly, are you criticizing?

I think there are plenty of us who have embraced #factsnotfear and are living our lives, working, shopping, eating, recreating, getting haircuts, etc., but who understand the risks and are managing them effectively. Some of us will eventually test positive, some will get sick and yes, some will die.

And, perhaps shockingly to some, there are countless others who have thrown caution to the wind and are engaging in excessively risky behaviors. Many of them may test positive, many may get sick. Yet...get ready for this...some will still not get sick.

The only common denominator is that none of us are willing to "listen" to people with a perverse desire to suppress human nature and stifle normal behaviors for uncertain objectives and who can't seem to embrace the simple fact that one of the most important "sciences" at play here is statistics.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Sweden has 5200 deaths and cases are still climbing.  Norway has 249 deaths and new cases are in the teens.  Denmark has 604 deaths.  

Sweden's GDP was flat in Q1, while Norway and Denmark were around -2%.

Q2 estimates for Sweden are -6%.  

There you go again.  Spewing facts.  That's not going to go well for you. Expect a backlash.

In the meantime, wear your facemasks and social distance.  Seriously.  

Science always wins in the end. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, UND1983 said:

It's an election year....for the office of President.  I stated back in March, "I really wish this wasn't an election year".  Everything is skewed because of it.  

Then again, what a coincidence this goes down during the year of our mostly hotly contested, polarizing election possibly ever.  

Damn you deep state, please go back to where you came from and take the virus with you. 

Quite the rally the right wingers had in Olympia!

https://youtu.be/PQfOzKjmEU0

13 hours ago, wxman91 said:

The experts did better than the man in charge.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/timeline-president-donald-trump-changing-statements-on-coronavirus/

Feb. 26: 58 confirmed cases in U.S. 

The 15 cases in U.S. "within a couple days is going to be down close to zero"

• "I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it that — and I spoke with Dr. Fauci on this, and I was really amazed, and I think most people are amazed to hear it: The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. But think of that: 25,000 to 69,000. ... "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done," the president said during a Coronavirus Task Force Press briefing at the White House.

March 10: 1,300 confirmed cases in U.S. 

"Just stay calm. It will go away"

• "Well, this was unexpected. This was something that came out of China, and it hit us and many other countries. You look at the numbers; I see the numbers with just by watching you folks. I see it — it's over 100 different countries. And it hit the world. And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away," the president said on Capitol Hill after meeting with Republican senators

Wasn’t this about the same time Democratic leadership was accusing him of manufacturing a crisis to serve as a distraction?  Should he have told everyone to panic and freak out?  I can only imagine the Democrat response if he had. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Wasn’t this about the same time Democratic leadership was accusing him of manufacturing a crisis to serve as a distraction?  Should he have told everyone to panic and freak out?  I can only imagine the Democrat response if he had. 

Any comment on Traitor Trump selling out our soldiers to Putin?   He's an absolute disgrace for a human being and the worst president in our history.

13 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Which citizens, exactly, are you criticizing?

I think there are plenty of us who have embraced #factsnotfear and are living our lives, working, shopping, eating, recreating, getting haircuts, etc., but who understand the risks and are managing them effectively. Some of us will eventually test positive, some will get sick and yes, some will die.

And, perhaps shockingly to some, there are countless others who have thrown caution to the wind and are engaging in excessively risky behaviors. Many of them may test positive, many may get sick. Yet...get ready for this...some will still not get sick.

The only common denominator is that none of us are willing to "listen" to people with a perverse desire to suppress human nature and stifle normal behaviors for uncertain objectives and who can't seem to embrace the simple fact that one of the most important "sciences" at play here is statistics.

Anyone who doesn't wear a mask indoors in public is a good start.  The fact that the President made that a political statement is mind-boggling.

36 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Anyone who doesn't wear a mask indoors in public is a good start.  The fact that the President made that a political statement is mind-boggling.

I can respect Costco’s stance on masks. Will I wear a mask in my car or my own home? Not a chance in hell! Getting a haircut? Yep- done it twice. Golfing or restaurant/patio or other - no way! 

I have been playing hockey too since April. We’ve been just fine! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Any comment on Traitor Trump selling out our soldiers to Putin?   He's an absolute disgrace for a human being and the worst president in our history.

a lot of people might disagree with you in a couple of months...where's joe btw?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Damn you deep state, please go back to where you came from and take the virus with you. 

Quite the rally the right wingers had in Olympia!

https://youtu.be/PQfOzKjmEU0

not sure about the rest of the posters on here but...i've worked thru all this is (no furlough)...haven't work really really long hours but not a lot of days off (2 vacation days in three months)...as much as i'm behind trump and what he's doing the last thing i want to do with my day off is wait in line and fight with a bunch of white liberals dressed in black and listen to anyone's speech...i'll save my time to wait in line in november to VOTE. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Care to comment on that “story” being completely made up BS by the media?  
Or will you just ignore my question, like you have every other time that I’ve pointed out your stories are fiction?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure about the rest of the posters on here but...i've worked thru all this is (no furlough)...haven't work really really long hours but not a lot of days off (2 vacation days in three months)...as much as i'm behind trump and what he's doing the last thing i want to do with my day off is wait in line and fight with a bunch of white liberals dressed in black and listen to anyone's speech...i'll save my time to wait in line in november to VOTE. 

Exactly. Same reason the polls always slant to the left. Lazy non working folks have plenty of time on their hands to sit on the phone answering meaningless surveys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Care to comment on that “story” being completely made up BS by the media?  
Or will you just ignore my question, like you have every other time that I’ve pointed out your stories are fiction?

That story certainly isn't "BS by the media"..... it's been confirmed by multiple news outlets both foreign and domestic.   I'd be curious what source you have that makes it BS other than Trump tweeting that he wasn't briefed about it.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

In the meantime...the walls are closing in on Bath House Barry and the most corrupt administration in US history.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

In the meantime...the walls are closing in on Bath House Barry and the most corrupt administration in US history.

How so? Are they gonna chop him up like the Saudi’s do? Or will they be injecting him with the wuhan flu? 

• Upvote 1