SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Perhaps Trump and Mnuchin could do something about this with the $500 billion slush fund that they've sat on for 7 weeks. 

Maybe they should just give it to illegal immigrants like Nancy and friends proposed in the latest corona recovery bill. 

52 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Perhaps Trump and Mnuchin could do something about this with the $500 billion slush fund that they've sat on for 7 weeks. 

Ahhhhhh......getting a little sensitive now that you realize that the collateral damage of Covid is going to be multiples more serious than Covid actually was?  Your tired old everything is Trump's fault is the equivalent of the ODoyle family chanting ODoyle rules as their station wagon goes off the cliff in Billy Madison.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Are you opposed to any state receiving more federal dollars back than they contribute?   Same difference as a bailout right?

Um, North Dakota has been in that category for generations.

50 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

These politicians on both side of the aisle sure love spending my money...

you think I’d at least get the Sunday morning mimosa treatment for all I give them to spend.

Yeah, when you are looking at adding more funding for the arts in a crisis, it shows there is a total disconnect.   It's like those skipping their mortgage payments buying a speed boat or other items that aren't essential.  Most citizens need to have some fiscal responsibility, but the government doesn't think that applies to them. 

2 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Maybe Trump should see if BathHouse Barry has any spare pallets of cash laying around.

• Upvote 3

Really interesting but the Chinese nationals that I know are extremely fearful of Covid.  Not sure how much is cultural vs how much is due to firsthand information they have that was buried by the Chinese Government and the WHO.  Like so afraid they won’t leave their homes whatsoever.

2 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

perhaps all these people that can't afford to pay the bills need to look at their bills...Netflix, Verizon Unlimited Plan with Iphone 99 with 10 gig of storage, Hulu, Amazon Prime, High Speed Internet for COD sessions that last 10 hours, water softener bill, lawn service....they are called rainy day funds for a reason....

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I get people want to blast the statement, but analogous vector approach is far from stupid.  Clot busting agents are analogous to draino, chemotherapy for cancer, radiation...all analogous vector thinking 

i have no idea what all this means but i still upvoted it!

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

perhaps all these people that can't afford to pay the bills need to look at their bills...Netflix, Verizon Unlimited Plan with Iphone 99 with 10 gig of storage, Hulu, Amazon Prime, High Speed Internet for COD sessions that last 10 hours, water softener bill, lawn service....they are called rainy day funds for a reason....

Totally.  If you don’t have six months of expenses stashed away in cash, you are playing with Fire, and there is absolutely no reason to be spending on nice to haves and entertainment.  Live spartan for a bit like a college student (at least back in my day) and sock away some coin.

3 hours ago, keikla said:

I wonder if they break the data down more than that.  It's incredibly common to move from the 5 burroughs to Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, or NJ.  That being said, I hope anyone moving away to somewhere farther than that quarantined when they got there.

Why break it down?  Let's just go under the assumption that since it occurred during Covid-19.....that it was Covid-19 related.  Isn't that how the body count nationwide is currently being figured?

• Upvote 1

Escambia, Santa Rosa vacation rentals get OK to reopen heading into Memorial Day weekend

Phase I of Florida's re-open plan allowed for the hotels and resorts to open, but did not allow for vacation rentals to open.  The Gov. is now allowing rentals on a county by county basis, as long as you have a plan in place.  The plans for the two counties of metro Pensacola are below.  More or less keeping the risk as low as possible.....If you got problems at home, don't bring them here.

Escambia County's safety plan includes rules like not renting to people visiting from states with COVID-19 case rates higher than 700 per 100,000 residents as of May 15. That would bar reservations from visitors in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana and Michigan, as well as Washington, D.C.

Santa Rosa County's plan is stricter and will limit reservations to states that have a rate of coronavirus cases less than 500 cases per 100,000 residents as of May 14, which would add Nebraska, Maryland and Illinois to the states listed above.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Why break it down?  Let's just go under the assumption that since it occurred during Covid-19.....that it was Covid-19 related.  Isn't that how the body count nationwide is currently being figured?

What he was saying is those forwarding requests could be because people were moving from one burrough to another, and staying in the NYC metro.  The further breakdown would tell us if they moved from NYC to outside of the metro area at a higher rate than usual due to the pandemic.

34 minutes ago, as15 said:

What he was saying is those forwarding requests could be because people were moving from one burrough to another, and staying in the NYC metro.  The further breakdown would tell us if they moved from NYC to outside of the metro area at a higher rate than usual due to the pandemic.

I realize that and you missed the point....the point is that there hasn't been alot of effort put in by the "just one lifers"  to differentiate 100 year old people that died of heart failure  that happened to also be asymptomatic Covid-19 positive.  So why the worry about gathering more detail about mail forwarding in NYC?  It happened during the Covid-19 epidemic....must have been caused by Covid.

2 minutes ago, keikla said:

Yeah, TheFlop is just being snarky about how covid deaths are being counted, as if it's any different than how influenza deaths have been counted for the last however many decades.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall states routinely stating flu deaths as one number (before the outbreak is even done)......only to significantly revise the number downward like Colorado did once it was determined how many people Covid truly killed.  On an unrelated note, at least we don't hear of any flu deaths or pneumonia deaths since the Covid pandemic hit. 

54 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They shouldn't have been analyzed because nobody gave a sh#t, unlike big bad COVID where we destroyed our entire economy and an untold millions of livelihoods and.....whatever.  Well worth it.  

Shut your pie-hole, UND1983.  Your [insert state governor’s name here] is just trying to save your life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pier 1 Imports announced it will liquidate and permeantly close all 540 stores.

In other news Gov. Murphy of CT sounding like he's ok keeping this state locked up and won't fully reopen until there is a vaccine.

#saveonelife

33 minutes ago, keikla said:

The Pier 1 stores in NY were liquidating long before covid hit.

That's what I've seen with most businesses.  If your business was struggling before Covid19 then this likely pushed you over the edge.  If you were fine before, then you've likely been able to adapt and recover by now.  

It's really not all that different than the 70, 80, and 90 year old Covid patients whose lives this board views as expendable except that there is no coming back from death while business owners are still alive to pursue other ventures going forward.