SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

40 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

What a strange time to be alive-

1.  corona and all it’s repercussions, and

2. I find myself agreeing with several posts from Bison Dan. 

I find that I agree with him on most things that aren't Sioux vs Bison.  Different sides of the same "nickel".

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Trumps been on the hydroxy for ten days to prevent covid. Seems a little crazy considering  the side effects.

Prophylactic doses are generally very well tolerated.  The drug is safely taken by millions Of people every year

19 minutes ago, keikla said:

When I read that he was taking it, my first question was with what dosing.  The standard dosing for treatment of other diseases like RA?  Malaria prophy dosing?  Covid treatment dosing?

Right- big difference between I’m going to Indonesia on vacation vs I’m going to stress my heart to try and not die.

26 minutes ago, keikla said:

When I read that he was taking it, my first question was with what dosing.  The standard dosing for treatment of other diseases like RA?  Malaria prophy dosing?  Covid treatment dosing?

I believe i heard it was one pill daily, so I assume 200 mg.  Not much to get excited about. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I believe i heard it was one pill daily, so I assume 200 mg.  Not much to get excited about. 

ill stick to my alex jones approved vodka, tonic water (with quinine), and half a lime!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Trumps been on the hydroxy for ten days to prevent covid.  Seems a little crazy considering the side effects.

You would criticize him if he drank two cans of Coca-Cola today...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, however, from what I've read HCQ is not the main actor but is best as the catalyst for zinc to act as the virus blocker to the cells. 

If the President is not taking a zinc supplement as well he's not getting full value. 

That said, I had a grandmother who was not sick a day of my time knowing her. (Died of stroke.) She always had old school zinc throat lozenges in her house from Halloween to Easter and took one daily. If you came to visit you got to suck on one of those metallic beauties. She claimed it was for the throat to stop cold and flu. Now this HCQ and zinc stuff ... interesting ... 

I was on a vitamin D supplement before this. When this all started I went grandma old school and found some elderberry zinc supplements online (sorry grandma, but mine taste way better). And those two, zinc and D, keep showing up in various journals.

Could it be fundamental overall immune system health, including vitamins and minerals, is key. 

• Upvote 3

Vitamins C and D, and zinc, are the old school words that keep showing up in reports.

And yeah, I'm also crunching Airborne for the vitamin C, as well as being very good about taking the daily multivitamin. 

Fundamentals. ;) 

16 year old male died last night just north of Cogswell in Sargeant County in a single vehicle accident after hitting a deer.

I'm expecting Rednek to contact the family to express his condolences.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

16 year old male died last night just north of Cogswell in Sargeant County in a single vehicle accident after hitting a deer.

I'm expecting Rednek to contact the family to express his condolences.

If roads statewide had be even closed this could have been prevented.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Trumps been on the hydroxy for ten days to prevent covid. Seems a little crazy considering  the side effects.

Are you a medical doctor? It's not like it is bought over the counter.

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Are you a medical doctor? It's not like it is bought over the counter.

Right- he is not taking fish tank cleaner. Under the supervision of an MD, he is taking a widely prescribed and generally safe med that millions of people take for malaria, Lupus, RA...likely in a similar dose.  Off label prescribing is also not unheard of.  If he tolerates it and feels better about not getting covid because he’s on it (whether anecdotal or not) why do we care?

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Vitamins C and D, and zinc, are the old school words that keep showing up in reports.

And yeah, I'm also crunching Airborne for the vitamin C, as well as being very good about taking the daily multivitamin. 

Fundamentals. ;) 

Had a friend call me up when this was all starting to break. Said that his father who is a retired Doctor called him to make sure he was taking D3 and he told him he should check in with his friends as well. I have been taking it on a daily basis since early March. Figured it makes sense with the amount of sun exposure we get here in North Dakota.

The last few days it seems that their have been quite a few stories and studies coming out concerning D3 and Vitamin D deficiency.

The studies of course have not been peer reviewed at this point but there does seem to be a pretty convincing correlation between those who die or have a hard time recovering from Covid and D deficiency.

The cynic in me thinks that if they could rename it and sell it as a prescription they would be pushing the hell out of it.

5 minutes ago, keikla said:

I'm all in favor of people having proper vitamin intake, whether through diet and/or supplementation.  That being said, I take calcium/vitD, mag, vitamin C, and zinc (and some other stuff in my multivite) and still got covid.  Apparently the benefits of vitamins are not enough to beat out the exhaustion of high stress 70+ hr work weeks and extensive exposure.

I got the flu shot in the fall of 2018 and still got wrecked by influenza in early January 2019.

According to the USPS 56000 mail-forwarding request were made in March from...…….New York City.

In April that request went up to 81000 with 60% of those forwarding requests for addresses outside of NYC.

#stopthespread

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

4.1M homeowners are now skipping their mortgage payments per the Mortgage Bankers Association.

If the average home houses 3 people that’s another 12.3M that are now insecure in their housing.

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

If the average home houses 3 people that’s another 12.3M that are now insecure in their housing.

Perhaps Trump and Mnuchin could do something about this with the $500 billion slush fund that they've sat on for 7 weeks.