SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Are you opposed to any state receiving more federal dollars back than they contribute?   Same difference as a bailout right?

a bailout is different than the business as usual tax in tax out stuff...what motivation does newsome have to open up california if florida and north dakota residents will end up paying the bill?  if so might as well wait til there is a vaccine and then send the bill to desantis and burgum

bailouts are called bailouts because you did something wrong.....

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

a bailout is different than the business as usual tax in tax out stuff...what motivation does newsome have to open up california if florida and north dakota residents will end up paying the bill?  if so might as well wait til there is a vaccine and then send the bill to desantis and burgum

bailouts are called bailouts because you did something wrong.....

Let's be honest.... states like California, New York, Minnesota, Illinois pay taxes that are used to fix every problem in red states because their irresponsible and are incapable of appropriately funding their own governments.   ND is a prime example,  who do you think funded the welfare checks that ND farmers have been cashing the last two years?  How would ND's finances look if not for those payments?

• Downvote 2

reading that article makes me want to puke...either give us californians billion or trillions or i'll have to start laying off first responders and lots of people will die and will all be trumps fault....it's like a bad SNl skit...

he could increase local sales taxes, property taxes, incomes tax, speeding tickets, carbon taxes...anything local he can do...but nope the rest of us have to pay for him...and that's just california...there is michigan and new jersey and new york...........

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

no. no.

one thing i don't understand is federal dollars...let's say you can't get more federal help than what you pay into...then what's the point of any it....north dakota sends washington dc 5 billion in taxes....the money circulates thru the abyss called washington for a day and then they cut the good people of north dakota a tax relief check, stimulus check , excess funds check or whatever you want to call to tune of 5 billion dollars? what the damn point....we give them a 5 billion dollar and then they turn around and write us a 5 billion dollar check the next day?  am i missing something?

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I see NY and CA realized they were idiots and are firing up pro sports in a couple weeks. #justonelife

Let’s see the hard hitting questions about this from the media.  It’s unsafe to get your nails done but grown men sweating on each other is fine.  It’s easy for them to push around the little guy, yet they will constantly get re-elected.  

• Upvote 1

I see newsome just said that sports without fans can start in the next couple of weeks...wonder if his phone call to the white house went as follows

Newsome:  "President Trump, I need 2 trillion dollars or people will die."

Trump:  "That Pelosi bill will never get signed."

Newsome: "Let the games begin!"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

If you allocated federal spending evenly to the States based on population, you would still see net donors and net recipients based on the federal tax code being progressive.  

dlsiouxfan looking up the word progressive as i type...

59 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Let's be honest.... states like California, New York, Minnesota, Illinois pay taxes that are used to fix every problem in red states because their irresponsible and are incapable of appropriately funding their own governments.   ND is a prime example,  who do you think funded the welfare checks that ND farmers have been cashing the last two years?  How would ND's finances look if not for those payments?

I have a problem with bailing out states that were already in financial trouble before this began.  Illinois for one has been in financial trouble for years, a lot of it having to do with their pension system.  This is not a red state vs. blue state issue.

• Upvote 2

Just now, GeauxSioux said:

I have a problem with bailing out states that were already in financial trouble before this began.  Illinois for one has been in financial trouble for years, a lot of it having to do with their pension system.  This is not a red state vs. blue state issue.

The pension piece sucks.  I don’t like my tax dollars funding underfunded pensions.  I don’t work in a world with a pension...essentially I am just giving my wealth to someone else living in another State.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

My wife works at Altru and they have to wear masks at work.

Thanks to your wife as wearing the mask, it does not protect her or anyone else who wears a mask from the virus/if by chance the person wearing the mask has the virus it minimizes the chance of spreading it to others.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

He shouldn't be screaming at anyone, but if an elderly gentleman wants to knowingly assume a potential risk, more power to him.  (Acknowledging that if a private business requires the wearing of a mask, that is their business decision and it should be honored if someone wants to patronize the establishment).

He is assuming a minimal  risk if the individuals he comes in contact are wearing masks.

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The pension piece sucks.  I don’t like my tax dollars funding underfunded pensions.  I don’t work in a world with a pension...essentially I am just giving my wealth to someone else living in another State.  

Is there a pension plan out there that isn't upside down.  They should all be made illegal.  

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Speaking of Ponzi schemes, I’d also say for anyone under 50 they should just kill social security too. 

You beat me to it.  Give the government money to use based on them having money for you when you retire, then watch them continuing to change the rules when they spend irresponsibly with your money.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

You beat me to it.  Give the government money to use based on them having money for you when you retire, then watch them continuing to change the rules when they spend irresponsibly with your money.  

My personal view is:  put congress on Social Security instead of the lifetime salary system that they have now.  Then watch them quit calling it an entitlement" and trying to spend it elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

If you want to listen to or read someone who truly understands the "science and data" on this COVID issue Scott Atlas MD from Stanford University's Hoover Institution is your "expert".  He gets it.

• Upvote 1