SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

I turned on CNN (or any news channel) for the first time in a couple weeks.

Looks like I haven't missed a thing.

First thing I saw was a segment attempting to shame states for reopening.

"Highest daily cases in Texas since reopening."

And then a guest:

"We need a lot more tests."

They showed the seperated painted circles on the grass in a NYC park you're allowed to chill in.

People in NYC probably crave touching the so little grass available they'd probably pay for that privilege.

"10 minute $10 rent a circle!"

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Based on some recent tweets by him, it seems Mr. Schlossman may not completely agree with the Fargo Forum’s editorial board’s take today that (paraphrased) we must protect livelihoods as much as lives. 

The editorial: 
https://www.inforum.com/opinion/editorials/6491333-Forum-Editorial-We-must-protect-livelihoods-not-just-lives

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

I turned on CNN (or any news channel) for the first time in a couple weeks.

Looks like I haven't missed a thing.

First thing I saw was a segment attempting to shame states for reopening.

"Highest daily cases in Texas since reopening."

And then a guest:

"We need a lot more tests."

They showed the seperated painted circles on the grass in a NYC park you're allowed to chill in.

People in NYC probably crave touching the so little grass available they'd probably pay for that privilege.

"10 minute $10 rent a circle!"

I did a little research, I was bored due to the rain.

1,801 positive cases out of 22,708 tests.

That works out to around 7.8% positive rate.  Well within the range of the 3-12% or under the 10% positive rate that is the "benchmark" 

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I did a little research, I was bored due to the rain.

1,801 positive cases out of 22,708 tests.

That works out to around 7.8% positive rate.  Well within the range of the 3-12% or under the 10% positive rate that is the "benchmark" 

without finding out who already has had it what does it matter?  until you know the denominator who cares?

waiting for burgum to do the antibody testing of 500 people and see what the % of people that had it and never knew.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

waiting for burgum to do the antibody testing of 500 people and see what the % of people that had it and never knew.

Me too. Raises hand. 

• Like 1

I am sure the writers at Politco didn't like having to admit this.

First, let’s just come out and say it: DeSantis looks more right than those who criticized the Sunshine State’s coronavirus response. According to the latest Florida figures, fewer than 2,000 have died, and around 43,000 have been infected. That’s a fraction of the dire predictions made for Florida when spring breakers swarmed the beaches, and those numbers are dwarfed by similarly sized New York, which has seen 12 times more deaths and nearly eight times more infections. (Check out POLITICO’s coronavirus tracker for more.) More people reportedly died in New York nursing homes than in all of Florida.

• Upvote 2

Ever wonder why there are so many left leaning publications....maybe because people not on the left don’t waste their money buying publications?  

personally I spend about $10k/year on wine, but I won’t pay the pennies for a subscription to the Herald...nor a few bucks on something like Time...my priorities are definitively in order.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Ever wonder why there are so many left leaning publications....maybe because people not on the left don’t waste their money buying publications?  

personally I spend about $10k/year on wine, but I won’t pay the pennies for a subscription to the Herald...nor a few bucks on something like Time...my priorities are definitively in order.

Think about this, I pay $12.99 a month for Amazon Prime and 15.99 a month for Netflix. Not a lot to do in Grand Forks, ND during the middle of the winter. I don't think the $9.99 a month for the Herald is unreasonable. I am paying that so I can read the sports. I do agree, I am not paying to read the TImes or the Post. 

22 minutes ago, Goon said:

Think about this, I pay $12.99 a month for Amazon Prime and 15.99 a month for Netflix. Not a lot to do in Grand Forks, ND during the middle of the winter. I don't think the $9.99 a month for the Herald is unreasonable. I am paying that so I can read the sports. I do agree, I am not paying to read the TImes or the Post. 

Yeah-we all vote with our wallets. I’m not paying for it, even though it’s irrelevant money. 

I’m paying twice for Netflix, because I don’t want to deal with password BS.  It’s free with my cable package now, but I had a subscription for years.  So to me, I’m happier to piss away $15/mo to not change a password than I am to pay for the herald.  

12 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

https://m.startribune.com/cyber-exploitation-of-kids-surges-under-quarantine/570550402/

Even though kids are at virtually no risk of catching Covid......they get to suffer an increased rate of sexual exploitation because of being quarantined.  Just one life.

I think the stats show that kids catch it, but they’re at virtually no risk of dying from it.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:46 AM, Redneksioux said:

Not picking and choosing. The topic of the thread is covid19 and it’s been pointed out many times here that this virus doesn’t kill those 65 and under. unfortunately in this case it did kill a 31 year old Polk county resident that many in the community know either him or his family personally. 

You’re practically backing my point up without even realizing it...

BTW, week six and my WI unemployment case is “pending.” 

Meanwhile, I thought I was in downtown Hudson, MINNESOTA on Saturday given all the “Land of 10,000 Lakes” license plates I saw.  I hope Comrade Walz didn’t have state troopers out in Lakeland snapping photos of their cars crossing the St Croix River Bridge on the way home so that the vehicle owner could look forward to their local police department paying them a visit this week.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Moderno RNA vaccine showing promise.

so we’ve got a potential antibody treatment and a RNA vaccine both in the pipeline.  Why are no major media screaming this from the mountaintops?

It’s not November 4th yet. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

so we’ve got a potential antibody treatment and a RNA vaccine both in the pipeline.  Why are no major media screaming this from the mountaintops?

Probably because a vaccine is at least a year or two from being available.   That being said, even if a vaccine were developed tomorrow, what makes you think this administration could quickly get it distributed nationwide?  They still haven't figured out how to distribute tests or PPE so what makes you think distribution of vaccine wouldn't be an unmitigated boondoggle with the presidents unqualified and corrupt son  in law in charge of distribution?

Just now, dlsiouxfan said:

Probably because a vaccine is at least a year or two from being available.   That being said, even if a vaccine were developed tomorrow, what makes you think this administration could quickly get it distributed nationwide?  They still haven't figured out how to distribute tests or PPE so what makes you think distribution of vaccine wouldn't be an unmitigated boondoggle with the presidents unqualified and corrupt son  in law in charge of distribution?

u just don't stop do you...wow

38 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Not sure what media are you looking for to report this.

a few of the liberal publications cited here have this on the top of their web pages.

Washington Post -  Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine shows encouraging early results in human safety trial   https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/18/coronavirus-vaccine-first-results/

New York Times -  Coronavirus Live Updates: Promising Results From Early Vaccine Tests, Drug Maker Says, Rallying Wall Street   https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/us/coronavirus-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

USA Today - Top Headlines - Stocks rebound as positive Moderna vaccine trial boosts optimism for economic recovery    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/05/18/dow-stocks-rebound-moderna-vaccine-boosts-optimism-recovery/5211680002/

CNN   Early results from Moderna coronavirus vaccine trial show participants developed antibodies against the virus https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/health/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna-early-results/index.html

• Upvote 2