SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

33 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Condolences to the LM employee in his thirties that passed from covid. 

condolences yes...please point out any condolences you have posted here in the last x number of years for all the law enforcement people that have been killed on the job?

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the past is the past....why isn't LA open right now...at 1pm central time...answer the question...

I don't know about L.A. but my sister just sent me some pictures from Orange County and they're open. The beach is full of people and the bars are open. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tnt said:

... what would our reaction have been if this was a biological attack by terrorists designed to ruin America’s way of life? 

1. As we say here frequently, we don’t have all the data yet, and it keeps changing. Please stand by. 

2. If this was a hostile act, it would be biological warfare and under international standards a nuclear response is in play. (Chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear the same category of warfare weapons.) Dare I gently say I’d call to permanently sterilize the wet markets. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

1. As we say here frequently, we don’t have all the data yet, and it keeps changing. Please stand by. 

2. If this was a hostile act, it would be biological warfare and under international standards a nuclear response is in play. (Chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear the same category of warfare weapons.) Dare I gently say I’d call to permanently sterilize the wet markets. 

Are you proposing the wet markets be sterilized by 2200 degree fission?

23 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't know about L.A. but my sister just sent me some pictures from Orange County and they're open. The beach is full of people and the bars are open. 

Orange County has stood strongest of the densely populated CA counties.  I’m in Ventura, and we are also more loose than LA, with open beaches etc.  props to the OC!

• Upvote 1

""Interestingly enough there was a GOP lawmaker in the Colorado state legislature threatening an investigation into how the state health departments were classifying COVID deaths and then yesterday Colorado started splitting out their reporting as deaths from COVID and deaths with COVID which reduced their reported deaths from COVID in the state by 25% from 1150 to the high 878.""

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data

• Upvote 2

Let us not forget that the American revolution was fought over taxes...yes it simplifies it, but taxes were a central player.  We will be facing staggering taxes coming out of this...with fewer people paying taxes...35 million unemployed...

im sure the thought of bailing out the state economies of NY and CA and IL via federal tax dollars is really appealing to the red state residents.

just remember how jacked up CA is....in San Francisco, poverty level is $117k/year...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Let us not forget that the American revolution was fought over taxes...yes it simplifies it, but taxes were a central player.  We will be facing staggering taxes coming out of this...with fewer people paying taxes...35 million unemployed...

im sure the thought of bailing out the state economies of NY and CA and IL via federal tax dollars is really appealing to the red state residents.

just remember how jacked up CA is....in San Francisco, poverty level is $117k/year...

i keep asking people about why turn to the federal gov if california/illinois wants to shut down for the next 3 months...if you want to do that bail yourself out...go the bernie/aoc progressive tax rate (35, 55, 85) and raise the money yourself...don't make florida pay for nyc being run by communists.  i'm sure bloomberg would have no problem paying 85% of ALL income to Albany?

44 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

At least NY, CA, and Illinois are all states which contribute more to the federal balance sheet than they take out in a given year. Unless I am interpreting this wrong, please let me know if I am. Page 21 appendix A is where every states expenditures and balances are summarized. As of 2018 cause it is the most recent compiled data I could find. 

https://www.osc.state.ny.us/reports/budget/2020/federal-budget-fiscal-year-2018.pdf

35 minutes ago, dynato said:

At least NY, CA, and Illinois are all states which contribute more to the federal balance sheet than they take out in a given year. Unless I am interpreting this wrong, please let me know if I am. Page 21 appendix A is where every states expenditures and balances are summarized. As of 2018 cause it is the most recent compiled data I could find. 

https://www.osc.state.ny.us/reports/budget/2020/federal-budget-fiscal-year-2018.pdf

That stat is a clear function of population and business headquarters.  There is a base level of federal contribution.  Takes a certain tax basis to cover it.  

• Upvote 1

I’d love to see a chart of elevators and escalators per square mile compared to Covid cases per square mile.

Like I said a while back, the story of this will end up being dense populations, ... and dense populations.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

That stat is a clear function of population and business headquarters.  There is a base level of federal contribution.  Takes a certain tax basis to cover it.  

So what? Ya so NY has more people and corporations and a higher tax rate. The bottom line is NY pays in more federal taxes than it takes out, meanwhile KY and your boy Mitch McConnell takes out way more than it contributes. So you're going to bang on NY for that? 

19 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

So what? Ya so NY has more people and corporations and a higher tax rate. The bottom line is NY pays in more federal taxes than it takes out, meanwhile KY and your boy Mitch McConnell takes out way more than it contributes. So you're going to bang on NY for that? 

I have nothing to do with KY or Mitch McConnell...I live in California

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, keikla said:

I like that the article mentions differences in lifestyles now compared to 1969.  Not that people always stayed at home back then, but it's a big difference in percentage of meals at restaurants instead of home.  I would think rates of travel are significantly higher now too.  I think there are common behaviors now that make any pandemic more likely to spread than the same virus would have back then.

There have been a lot of comparisons about the covid response compared to H1N1 or the H3N2.  New flu strains tend to be more deadly, because nobody has antibodies.  But even then, it's still a flu.  Severe flu vs mild flu still follows the same treatment regimen, the difference is the extent of treatment needed.  There's also a certain level of confidence (at least there was by the time H1N1 rolled around) that a vaccine would be possible; it was just a matter of the time needed to get the specific strain.

That's not the same for covid.  It was clear from our very first covid patient that the treatment regimen for the flu wasn't going to cut it.  I think there is a large amount of uncertainty and fear when tried and true gets thrown out the window.  First we tried standard flu treatment (huge fail), then hydroxychloroquine (huge fail), then it was about actemra and immune-modulators (semi-fail), then anticoagulation (success, thank goodness), then convalescent plasma (success), then remdesivir (supposed success...we'll see).  Now it's a combo of anticoagulation plus plasma plus remdesivir.  And every hospital system is trying different things, many totally off the wall (famotidine 120mg three times daily?!?!).  And while a vaccine is under works, no one really knows if it's something that will be attainable and/or successful.

I think the "unknown" factor has played an extremely large role in why things have played out the way that they have.

i know one person that got the rona....guy in his 40's in Texas (RRHS class of 89 i think)...couldn't beat it...was going back to the hospital for the second time bc he was having a hard time breathing...asked about hydroxy and zpack...he said give it to me...within 5 hours he wanted to walk/run home....so let's stop this huge fail stuff.  There are hundreds if not thousands of people around the country that this combo worked for and just bc 500 elderly people were given the combo when they were already about 97 percent dead died 10 hours later doesn't mean it's a huge fail.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know one person that got the rona....guy in his 40's in Texas (RRHS class of 89 i think)...couldn't beat it...was going back to the hospital for the second time bc he was having a hard time breathing...asked about hydroxy and zpack...he said give it to me...within 5 hours he wanted to walk/run home....so let's stop this huge fail stuff.  There are hundreds if not thousands of people around the country that this combo worked for and just bc 500 elderly people were given the combo when they were already about 97 percent dead died 10 hours later doesn't mean it's a huge fail.

What you describe is anecdotal. The fact that someone was given Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin and improved doesn’t mean it was necessarily due to the medications. 
Weigh your friends story against Keikla’s experience in a NY hospital in the center of the NY Covid outbreak  and the collected evidence of other physicians, PA’s, Nurses and Nurse Practioners reported in the medical literature. What is your source?  Those of us in the medical profession are curious. Your comments, (other than your friends recovery) is social media noise. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

What you describe is anecdotal. The fact that someone was given Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin and improved doesn’t mean it was necessarily due to the medications. 
Weigh your friends story against Keikla’s experience in a NY hospital in the center of the NY Covid outbreak  and the collected evidence of other physicians, PA’s, Nurses and Nurse Practioners reported in the medical literature. What is your source?  Those of us in the medical profession are curious. Your comments, (other than your friends recovery) is social media noise. 

Agree, but it is intriguing that it has worked in some and they’ve seen cytokines storm and kowasaki...autoimmune seems to be an angle on this sumbitch....

the weirdest still remains the AcE2 deal with Arbs...I’m an exec, not a doc, but very interesting...that presser system is interesting 

12 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is this lady social media noise?

She is no more an expert than I and Has less experience than Keikla. I review the medical literature, CDC reports and Reports from the state health dept as well as pay attention and learn from our colleague (Keikla) in NY.  I don’t pay attention to some activist who treats Covid patients in her office. Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin is on our list of treatment options but doesn’t seem to be the “game changer” we initially thought. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Agree, but it is intriguing that it has worked in some and they’ve seen cytokines storm and kowasaki...autoimmune seems to be an angle on this sumbitch....

the weirdest still remains the AcE2 deal with Arbs...I’m an exec, not a doc, but very interesting...that presser system is interesting 

To summarize, we have a deadly virus and we learn more each day. Our treatment plans change weekly if not more frequently. 

• Upvote 1