SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

It seems a little desperate how certain officials are now trying to pump up the number of deaths by estimating how many are happening at home without being reported.  For every unreported death that Covid caused at home.......how many people on their hospital deathbed for other other ailments are being classified as Covid because that was the last malady they happened to be diagnosed with?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

Walz extends Minnesota's Stay at Home order to May 4.

IHME today has projected MN with 456 deaths by 8/4. Peak is around 4/23.

Really what would be the best thing that can happen right now is, 

We need to make the test for the antibodies available in mass.  If that was possible we could certify that we have maybe had this damn thing and not even gotten sick or had it in the past 5 months at some point and thought it was just a cold.

If a guy could certify as CovidAntibody positive, BOOM, that's a guy who can go back to working or selling or functioning in society, or helping in healthcare settings to alleviate strain.

This gets the economy safely back to functional and with mass testing we would understand the actual herd immunity and truer infection rates.

I guess if any healthcare people with knowledge could comment on how that type of testing works it would be interested.

I believe that this data could be used to completely combat any attempts to use this pandemic to manipulate the world socio-economic balance that may or may not be taking place.

Oh to qualify the thread...….

You peasants can use 5G technology to help with it, I'll use 6G.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It seems a little desperate how certain officials are now trying to pump up the number of deaths by estimating how many are happening at home without being reported.  For every unreported death that Covid caused at home.......how many people on their hospital deathbed for other other ailments are being classified as Covid because that was the last malady they happened to be diagnosed with?

I completely agree.

15863572163412555055005406141729.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Add me to the list of unemployed as of noon yesterday.  

I'll be two weeks as of tomorrow.  Good times, as no one is really hiring in my field right now (upper level Accounting / Finance roles), especially with the stay at home order in Minnesota which just got extended.  I'm working my network hard and there are possibilities out there, but they're all holding back for the most part.  We'll see how this works out.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I'll be two weeks as of tomorrow.  Good times, as no one is really hiring in my field right now (upper level Accounting / Finance roles), especially with the stay at home order in Minnesota which just got extended.  I'm working my network hard and there are possibilities out there, but they're all holding back for the most part.  We'll see how this works out.....

Wish you also the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

all of them

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

SHOCKING: MN Sen & Dr. @drscottjensen said that he received a 7 pg doc from @mnhealth to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not.  

Why is #MN inflating COVID-19 death numbers? https://t.co/llvHDoIMGH

They must be under the directive of someone in Germany.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fargo PD reported as many drug ODs in past 2 weeks as they had all year prior. One OD died.....heroine. Not coronavirus.

No but the guy that sold him the heroin  knew a guy that knew a guy that heard about someone with 4 underlying conditions that died from coronavirus after having been denied admittance at 3 different hospitals because they were full and out of ventilators.  Better put it in the Covid column.  

50 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

SHOCKING: MN Sen & Dr. @drscottjensen said that he received a 7 pg doc from @mnhealth to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not.  

follow the money...maybe same reason puerto rico went from 63 hurricane deaths to 6300 over night...$$$

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

This is extremely concerning.... apparently both Dr. Scott Jensen and Chris Berg have zero reading comprehension skill as that most certainly is not what that 7 page document says.  It's well know that Berg is moron but it's still shocking to see a doctor and state senator exhibit such stupidity.  

Weekly jobless claims report comes out tomorrow morning at 830 ET. Last week claims were at 6.6M. Under/over tomorrow? I'll take the over.

This needs to end!

A researcher has most governments and corporations dogging her because they dont want the research done.  She recommends men dont have a phone in their pants pocket as they go sterile, women shouldn't use their bras as cell phone holders to prevent unusual breast cancers, and holding the phone close to the head ends to with greater than safe levels of radiation.  Just holding your cell phone now exceeds an earlier radiation standard.  Cell phones grew out of radar technology.

This isn't 5G related, but 5G installations typically have 57 times the transmitters of the simpler 4G setup.

10 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Again - those weren't his numbers.   They are based on science from the experts on what could happen if we did nothing.  It is a way to lay out your case to explain why you are taking the actions you are taking.  

Also to be fair.

Walz said 40 to 80% of Minnesotans are going to get the virus regardless of social distancing efforts or not.

If 74k was the worst at 80%.

That leaves us North of 35,000 Minnesota deaths in a best case by his experts.

This was from today...

Walz said he based his decision to extend the stay-home order on Minnesota's projections that predict a far higher number of infections and deaths than other models do.

The state has re-run its model, which originally showed 74,000 Minnesotans would die if state officials did not impose social distancing. The updated projections show a best-case scenario that 6,000 Minnesotans will ultimately die, while the middle range is closer to 20,000, Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm told reporters who pressed her to reveal the numbers.

The most likely amount of deaths in Minnesota according to the experts Walz is listening to say 20,000 Minnesotans will die. 

So his worst case is now 35k deaths?

https://www.fox9.com/news/gov-walz-extends-minnesotas-stay-at-home-order-to-may-4-includes-exemptions

Does this mean there are many differing expert opinions on 5G too?

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

46 minutes ago, Cratter said:

This was from today...

The most likely amount of deaths in Minnesota according to the experts Walz is listening to say 20,000 Minnesotans will die. 

So his worst case is now 35k deaths?

https://www.fox9.com/news/gov-walz-extends-minnesotas-stay-at-home-order-to-may-4-includes-exemptions

Just listened to Dr. Jensen in an interview...........might be how Walz is looking at 12x (minimum) the IHME projections.

On 3/14/2020 at 9:23 AM, yzerman19 said:

Key point:  government

I, for one, have never thought of the government as a protector.  It cannot fail me on this, because I put no faith in it to begin with.  It is not some omnipotent protector of people.

if a million people die from this, that’s sad- tragic; but nothing, let alone the government, can protect us all from viruses.  Nature and biology are stronger than any government.  

The real interesting societal view on this is what happens without “bread and circuses”- the circuses are shutdown...people have bread...for now.

oh how I wish we were discussing a 7-0 Sioux win last night instead of this.

The way I look at government in a situation like this is that it is the government's role to provide our country's health care system with the resources to give them a reasonable chance to be successful in this fight.  I.E. to not work against our health care professionals. 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:23 AM, yzerman19 said:

Key point:  government

I, for one, have never thought of the government as a protector.  It cannot fail me on this, because I put no faith in it to begin with.  It is not some omnipotent protector of people.

if a million people die from this, that’s sad- tragic; but nothing, let alone the government, can protect us all from viruses.  Nature and biology are stronger than any government.  

The real interesting societal view on this is what happens without “bread and circuses”- the circuses are shutdown...people have bread...for now.

oh how I wish we were discussing a 7-0 Sioux win last night instead of this.

2 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

The way I look at government in a situation like this is that it is the government's role to provide our country's health care system with the resources to give them a reasonable chance to be successful in this fight.  I.E. to not work against our health care professionals. 

This government has the duty to protect its citizens.  Where do you think our tax money is going?  More than half of all federal discretionary spending is aimed at self-defense, whose testicles spread to all facets of protection.  

Can government protect people from all harm?  Get real, never gonna happen.  However people should demand a competent, prepared and professional effort from all governmental entities in attempting as such.           

• Upvote 1