Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

World Health Organization has declared it a pandemic.

 

While 99% of North Dakota residents think it’s a hoax.

Top level info here. Guest is a world renown expert on infectious disease.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just amazing the response to the Corona Virus compared to the H1N1 in 2009.   I am not saying the Corona Virus isn't something that shouldn't be taken seriously.  Just the response to both given the number of people affected is shocking.  To date, 938 people in the United States have been diagnosed with the Corona Virus with 29 deaths.  Back in 2009, the number of people in the United States infected with the H1N1 virus was 100 Million with 75,000 deaths and 936,000 hospitalizations

Does any one remember anyone saying in 2009 to cancel events, play sporting events with empty stadiums, and people reacting like they are today?  Just seems odd that the hysteria in 2009 was not even close to what it was in 2009 with numbers that blow this viruses numbers out of the water!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U of M just sent an email saying that all of their campuses are going to online only until April 1st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Top level info here. Guest is a world renown expert on infectious disease.

 

To recap.......

10-15x worse than our flu season

96M cases

48M hospitalizations

480K deaths

......all within the next 3-7 months.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Harvard is not allowing team to play at Cornell , forfeits. 

 

For real? Can you imagine being a senior....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Harvard is not allowing team to play, forfeits. 

 

good thing Harvard is playing RPI, so the Cornell forfeit wont matter:silly:

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wasmania said:

good thing Harvard is playing RPI, so the Cornell forfeit wont matter:silly:

Good thing I edited my post long before this comment from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get out and enjoy your #1 ranked team this weekend. It will be the last time you see them play live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Get out and enjoy your #1 ranked team this weekend. It will be the last time you see them play live.

It is definitely looking that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a global pandemic in 2005.

Bird flu pandemic 'could kill 150m'

Quote

She said the "best case scenario" would be 7.4 million deaths globally.

Fast forward 15 years...

Less than 500 people have died worldwide.

Oops. Guess they were a little off on those projections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest election in our countries history and a pandemic breaks out that is instantly being politicized.  Hmmm....... 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

There was a global pandemic in 2005.

Bird flu pandemic 'could kill 150m'

Fast forward 15 years...

Less than 500 people have died worldwide.

Oops. Guess there were a little off on those projections.

You missed the big "if" in that article, which was if the bird flu virus mutates and becomes readily transmissible between people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

To recap.......

10-15x worse than our flu season

96M cases

48M hospitalizations

480K deaths

......all within the next 3-7 months.

 

 

 

 

10 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

You missed the big "if" in that article, which was if the bird flu virus mutates and becomes readily transmissible between people.

Are there ifs in the numbers above?

Or is it a big certainty???

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

No fans at Minnesota-Penn State semifinal

 

Did they move it to Mariucci?  :)   But seriously, that definitely plays into UM's hands some since they're used to playing in an empty arena, and if nothing else eliminates some of the home ice advantage of having a good crowd that would be at Pegula.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

No fans at Minnesota-Penn State semifinal

It'll be like a home game then.  You were waiting for someone to say that weren't you?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

You missed the big "if" in that article, which was if the bird flu virus mutates and becomes readily transmissible between people.

Quote

could mutate into a form transmittable between people.

It later did mutate into a form transmittable between people.

Quote

"A flu outbreak is imminent but no one knows if it will be next week or in three years' time," a WHO spokeswoman said. "It is really difficult to know how many people will be infected but we know we have to get prepared."

She said the "best case scenario" would be 7.4 million deaths globally.

They later learned it wasn't as easily transmittable between people are they originally thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

It'll be like a home game then.  You were waiting for someone to say that weren't you?

 

Haha. The jokes pretty much write themselves in regards to Mariucci.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Brian Monahan, attending physician of the US Congress, told staffers to expect 70-160 million infections among the US population.  1 in 3.

He also said "80 percent of infected people will recover."   Didn't say what about the remaining 20%.

https://www.axios.com/congressional-physician-predicts-75-150-million-us-coronavirus-cases-fec69e77-1515-4fbc-8340-c53b65c22c53.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, farce poobah said:

Dr. Brian Monahan, attending physician of the US Congress, told staffers to expect 70-160 million infections among the US population.  1 in 3.

He also said "80 percent of infected people will recover."   Didn't say what about the remaining 20%.

https://www.axios.com/congressional-physician-predicts-75-150-million-us-coronavirus-cases-fec69e77-1515-4fbc-8340-c53b65c22c53.html

 

 

My guess is he knows the age ranges of U.S. citizens and 80% fall in the range that can fight it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Dr. Brian Monahan, attending physician of the US Congress, told staffers to expect 70-160 million infections among the US population.  1 in 3.

He also said "80 percent of infected people will recover."   Didn't say what about the remaining 20%.

https://www.axios.com/congressional-physician-predicts-75-150-million-us-coronavirus-cases-fec69e77-1515-4fbc-8340-c53b65c22c53.html

 

 

1 in 3 Americans will get the Coronavirus. 

And some are saying that's a low number.

Could be 60%.

Some crazy stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...