SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

17 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

Not really. Slowing down the rate means ER wait times will be less, EMS crews won’t be as overwhelmed, and medical equipment like ventilators will be more readily available. Medical systems are generally not built with a lot of excess capacity. 

Ok.

Grandmas chances remain equal *if she lives near a hospital that isn't overcrowded.*

4 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

The CDC acknowledges risk factors for complications from the flu (over 65, pre-existing complications such as cancer, lung disease, etc) and strongly recommends being vaccinated against the flu. A very large percentage of adults that have a regular relationship with a doctor and/or preventative health receive the flu vaccine and this suppresses the fatality numbers. Thankfully.

There is a high level of concern surrounding the flu and its impact on vulnerable populations. With the vaccine and knowledge that has been gained over centuries of treating the flu, our medical community is able to mitigate the risks as best they can. The hope is that they learn how to deal with the brand new disease that just emerged three months or so ago and use their expertise to provide the same level of protection against covid-19 as against the flu.

I get the same literature as you do but thanks.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I get the same literature as you do but thanks.

You said earlier "The flu spreads to vulnerable populations. Where's the same concern?"

I summarized the high level of concern that the medical community has towards the flu with respect to vulnerable populations.

Did you know there already was a high level of concern for flu infection in vulnerable populations? Had you read the literature you just mentioned? I'm getting confused again.

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, it’s either run the risk of exposure to Covid-19 by sitting with the UND students or having to deal with the smell of chewing tobacco and kids who haven’t showered in a week over in the NDSU student section.

I’ll take my chances with the Covid-19 exposure...

You would think that the mouth breathing window lickers from NDSU would be at a higher exposure rate?

"One day we'll look back at the impact of the coronavirus. Not the virus itself of course, but the mass global mental breakdown that it inspired".

Said someone smarter than me.

Now I'm off to watch possibly one of the last NCAA BB games of this season...NDSU/UND... cause there are lots of Grandma's that need more birthdays.

• Upvote 1

I went to Menards to get 5 boxes of water, each containing three one gallon jugs...like I do every week. 

There is normally a 5 foot high pallet of purified and another of distilled. 

Today...not one box in the store.

I gathered up a couple of the loose gallons sitting there, as a guy whizzed past me with a pull cart loaded with 18 twenty four packs of water.

Wtf people?

1 minute ago, franchise said:

I went to Menards to get 5 boxes of water, each containing three one gallon jugs...like I do every week. 

There is normally a 5 foot high pallet of purified and another of distilled. 

Today...not one box in the store.

I gathered up a couple of the loose gallons sitting there, as a guy whizzed past me with a pull cart loaded with 18 twenty four packs of water.

Wtf people?

The main reason to stock up, as youre finding out, is just to beat all the other people who are emptying all the shelves. 

• Upvote 1

Problem-Reaction-Solution is defined as the strategy of a government creating a crisis, or the problem: war, financial crises, terrorist attacks, epidemics, etc....

waiting for a call for action from the masses to resolve the crisis, or the reaction: "Something must be done about this, this can't go on. What are they going to do about it!" 

then the government taking action, the solution: supposedly in response to people's outrage & fear, which actually furthers a hidden agenda, that people wouldn't normally accept had there been no manufactured problem to begin with, such as bombing a country back to the Stone Age, lower interest rates, mandatory vaccines, limiting personal freedoms, etc.

In other words, create the problem, & then offer the solution. 

This method of tightening the screws on society is derived from the Hegelian Dialectic, I think, and was originally referred to as Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis. It's a proven means of altering society on a massive level.

Not everyone will accept this method of how society is changed through deception & lies, especially on a hockey forum & I realize that; but I like to present people with alternative ideas which are counter to conventional wisdom. Because enlightened people should at least consider the possibility that there may be another reason for the problem, to weigh all facts & maybe consult Providence/their intuition, BEFORE deciding what their position will be. So I'm not trying to necessarily change someone's mind, simply presenting another side to be considered.

What people do with that information, after all possibilities are considered, is their own karma. 

3 hours ago, Ranger said:

Some appear a bit more emotional than others...

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Correct.......there's a number of apocalyptic doomsdayers here about this virus.

Here I thought the direction of the thread had changed when masturbation death was brought up

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

"One day we'll look back at the impact of the coronavirus. Not the virus itself of course, but the mass global mental breakdown that it inspired".

Said someone smarter than me.

Now I'm off to watch possibly one of the last NCAA BB games of this season...NDSU/UND... cause there are lots of Grandma's that need more birthdays.

Enjoy