SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Omaha -- Regular Season Finale 3/6 & 3/7

stoneySIOUX

26 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Someone answered this question already in the Omaha 2021 thread. 

Might be helpful to post what that is unless you want this response to be labeled a redundancy. 

36 minutes ago, Zypher said:

Hey does anybody happen to know what hotel the team stays at weather in Omaha?

Thinking about trying to stop by there So that my eight-year-old can try to get a picture with his favorite player Jordan Kawaguchi. 

C475D090-B174-4250-AE74-D4E6B26B3995.jpeg

@Zypher per the post in the 2021 thread, Marriott in Aksarben sounds like it's been the one historically. Best of luck to you both, and have fun this weekend if attending the games!

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Did Omaha tie or win 1 game in GF this year?

They won 6-3 on Friday and lost 4-1 on Saturday.
Friday was the game where Scheel REALLY struggled.  He allowed 4 goals on 8 total shots.  The other two Omaha goals were both ENG.

It is usually at one of the bars just across the street to the north from the arena toward the team hotel.  Can't remember the name of the place.

We have never missed a series in Omaha.  In the early years the Omaha fans used to thank us for coming, and were so appreciative of UND fan attendance.  Not quite so much any more.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I have developed a healthy dislike for Omaha and their fans so I hope we pound them this weekend!

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ditto and I can't even really figure out why. What's your insight on that? Haha.

Because they always bring up UND, the broadcast team does it all the time.

They are Jan and that's all that needs to be said. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Ortega is playing in Europe.  He was a very good player in the NCHC.  3 straight 20 goal seasons.  One of those little guys with a knack for the net.  

I liked Austin Ortega and his game. I also think he had one of the all-time best nicknames.

1 hour ago, burd said:

If you're talking about Ortega, I can see why Blais liked him. 

Literally the hockey player Blais loves on the front line.  If he could have a lineup of all David Hoogsteens, he would have. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

MavPuck blocked me on Twitter and I have never engaged with them once. Guess I hit a nerve during my in-game analysis tweeting :lol:

The guy is insufferable. I used to live in Omaha until recently. I can tell you that his real life personality is just as awesome as his internet personality. :D

Screenshot_20200305-171336.png

In the US roughly 46K killed and 45M infected by influenza since October this flu season but let's keep pumping up the hysteria. How about the media advocate getting a flu shot even at this stage if one hasn't already?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bcblues said:

You can take the TEAM seriously and not their FANS....  :D

In all fairness, some of the angst is well earned by some of our less that sportsmanlike brethren. Some of the antics that have taken place at Baxter by Hawks “fans” deserve to be chastised. Harassing folks in the student section, hanging around the doors after a win and drunkenly boasting superiority do not make us welcome guests. Sure, they have some homers, but for the most part they are a minority, just like we have ours. I’m more interested in what happens on the ice not social media. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, squirtcoach said:

Definitely get your flu shot.  Those of us that do get the shot protect a lot of people (besides ourselves) who don’t get immunized through “herd immunity”.

The issue with Covid 19 is that it early on seems to be MORE contagious than this year’ flu.  Couple that with a mortality rate that seems to be 2-3% as opposed to the 0.1% this year’s flu is exhibiting and the epidemiologists are rightly concerned.  It comes down to algebra.

Don’t panic, but don’t give this virus a chance gain a foothold anywhere.

Well said. Yes, media is doing what they do and sensationalizing. Yes, people going into mass hysteria is an overreaction (I should know, living in Seattle where the city is now sold out of TP...proving there ARE very real risks to public welfare, even if not directly virus related). But there’s also a reason the experts are concerned. Whether overreaction or not, the public is going to try to receive medical care for every cold, along with the serious cases, overrunning our hospitals, etc. who aren’t prepared and have no treatment, even therapeutic. Combine that with virus viability, contagiousness, no immunity buffer, mortality rates, etc. It’s easy to swing completely one way or the other on this topic and call out “the other side” for over/under-reactions, but there’s good/analytical reasons for being cautious and trying to slow/manage the fallout. 
Anyway, hope everyone stays safe, this calms down, and nobody’s loved ones here are affected beyond the scare and economic/daily routine! Lord help us that it doesn’t cause post-season interruptions or issues for our favorite team when they’re on a tear!