SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Omaha -- Regular Season Finale 3/6 & 3/7

stoneySIOUX

44 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This weekend's objectives:

1) Stay healthy

2) Get the point -- no one wants to share.

3) Sweep and keep rolling.

Would be a good idea to get both tendies in, but I'd rather keep Scheel going, honestly. To me, he's the guy.

Hopefully they achieve all of the objectives. Point three is important this time of year -- keep rolling.  There has traditionally been a letdown, especially the game right after clinching, but with a week in between clinching hopefully that isn't an issue.  We had the layoff after Christmas where it took a while to find our bearings again, we don't want to be searching to find our form again at this time of year.  I think with their attitude towards not sharing, and their goals for the rest of the season, we should be focused on staying in great form.  

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This weekend's objectives:

1) Stay healthy

2) Get the point -- no one wants to share.

3) Sweep and keep rolling.

Would be a good idea to get both tendies in, but I'd rather keep Scheel going, honestly. To me, he's the guy.

Point 1 is imperative. Can’t afford stupid injuries. But that point holds true for the next 3 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ditto and I can't even really figure out why. What's your insight on that? Haha.

Haha I am not really sure why either...I just don't like them!

Edit: it might be their fans inferiority complex. Duluth fans chirp just as much but they don't seem to bother me like Omaha fans do. 

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Haha I am not really sure why either...I just don't like them!

Yeah, I feel like it's a kid brother complex. Like, for some reason, they hate us because they really can't get over the hump against us and then they whinneeeeeee a lot on Twitter haha.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, I feel like it's a kid brother complex. Like, for some reason, they hate us because they really can't get over the hump against us and then they whinneeeeeee a lot on Twitter haha.

This guy is a prime example. Every week he complains about us. Kind of comical but really sad: https://twitter.com/RecoveringOps

24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They call it “North Dakota Hate Week” when we play them - we’re apparently like their biggest rival and I’m just like meh. 

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

They call it “North Dakota Hate Week” when we play them - we’re apparently like their biggest rival and I’m just like meh. 

It's adorable :D 

Are they even in our Top 10 of rivals? I'd say a hard no. 

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well, they are a conference rival, so I do take them seriously just for that.

Take them seriously in terms of their team, of course. I still don't see them as a rival. I get that we play in the same conference, I just don't have a desire to beat them like I do many other teams. I mean, I want them to win all games, but, I think you know where I'm coming from lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ditto and I can't even really figure out why. What's your insight on that? Haha.

For me it is the total disconnect between their skill and their chirping - they are as mouthy as a conference champ but play like a bottom dweller

38 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I haven't like Omaha since that whole "California Hot Sauce" thing. So dumb.

BTW has that kid worked his way up to assistant manager yet at Taco Bell?

8 minutes ago, Zypher said:

Hey does anybody happen to know what hotel the team stays at weather in Omaha?

Thinking about trying to stop by there So that my eight-year-old can try to get a picture with his favorite player Jordan Kawaguchi. 

C475D090-B174-4250-AE74-D4E6B26B3995.jpeg

Someone answered this question already in the Omaha 2021 thread.