SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Senior night is always bitter sweet but we had a great group of Seniors this year.  

They did end up stepping up.  I had my doubts at the start of the season, but, they stepped up and made it special.  Keep it up, boys, lets hang yet another banner.....

• Upvote 2

No goal was the right call after the precedent set yesterday. Had yesterday's counted they would have counted tonight's. Western player was pushed downward, but he pops back up into Scheel. Onus is on him to arrest (ski term) and avoid further interference.

Tough pill for them to swallow as that pretty much forces them to win the tournament to make it rather than receive a nice pairwise bump, but they aren't an easy out. That was a fun weekend of hockey, and could have gone their way either night.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

No goal was the right call after the precedent set yesterday.

Exactly.
The UMD fans are ranting about it on Twitter (naturally, it's what they do best ;) ), but after last nights disallowed goal for UND, there's no way the same set of officials could have counted the one tonight.
I really hope that someone ends UMD's season quickly this year in the NCAA's...they've used up their bounces and one goal wins the last two years.  ;)  :) 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Exactly.
The UMD fans are ranting about it on Twitter (naturally, it's what they do best ;) ), but after last nights disallowed goal for UND, there's no way the same set of officials could have counted the one tonight.
I really hope that someone ends UMD's season quickly this year in the NCAA's...they've used up their bounces and one goal wins the last two years.  ;)  :) 

fixed your post :D

Four years ago on this day (second to last regular season Saturday), UND also clinched a share of the cup.

Then freshman phenom, Boeser, scored his 22nd goal of the season in that game.

Tonight Pinto scored his 16th of the year.

Boeser would go on to become the most prolific goal scoring freshman in the new Ralph era.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

No goal was the right call after the precedent set yesterday. Had yesterday's counted they would have counted tonight's. Western player was pushed downward, but he pops back up into Scheel. Onus is on him to arrest (ski term) and avoid further interference.

Tough pill for them to swallow as that pretty much forces them to win the tournament to make it rather than receive a nice pairwise bump, but they aren't an easy out. That was a fun weekend of hockey, and could have gone their way either night.

You nailed it, had last night's goal counted for UND then likely the W Mich goal tonight would not have been overturned.  Even Steven although the refs really effed it up worse Fri night with reversal of UND's goal (total garbage on their part).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

You nailed it, had last night's goal counted for UND then likely the W Mich goal tonight would not have been overturned.  Even Steven although the refs really effed it up worse Fri night with reversal of UND's goal (total garbage on their part).

Anybody have video of UND's overturned goal on Friday?

My wife who knows as much about hockey as I do about The Bachelor TV show saw the replay on the Jumbo Screen after the call disallowed the goal and immediately said "that review should have taken 2 seconds. He (WMU player) can't do that"!  Where was the Kiss Cam when I needed it?

On Sr. night it was fitting that 4 5 6 7 were players that were there for 62+ minutes......not passengers. I thought those four were really hard to play against last night. Can't say that for some others.

4 might be the player I have ever seen evolve the most from day 1 in a UND jersey. Just remarkable.

Looks this team has goalies A and 1A moving forward......nice luxury to have.

My 4th star of the evening was Tychonick's suit!

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

On Sr. night it was fitting that 4 5 6 7 were players that were there for 62+ minutes......not passengers. I thought those four were really hard to play against last night. Can't say that for some others.

4 might be the player I have ever seen evolve the most from day 1 in a UND jersey. Just remarkable.

Looks this team has goalies A and 1A moving forward......nice luxury to have.

My 4th star of the evening was Tychonick's suit!

How does Tychonick's suit beat Hain's suit?  Come on.....time for a review.  

Dead on on Peski.  Late bloomer with a chance to make a lot of money playing hockey.