SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

19 hours ago, Cratter said:

Both nights "no goals" were crap calls. 

That should be universally understood. 

Cant help you otherwise.

But at least the refs called it consistently bad.

How about we let you count the Friday goal, and you let us count the Saturday goal? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ubish said:

How about we let you count the Friday goal, and you let us count the Saturday goal? 

Seems fair, but life isn't always fair. WMU is not a team that anyone would be excited to play in the NCAA tourney. If they do make it I hope they keep them the hell out of our region if they are a #3 seed.

I am still bitter about our Boston U. game in the West Regional in Fargo.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, ubish said:

Haha saw this on Twitter from a couple WMU fans. No deal, my friend :)

I still think we can hear from Western down the stretch. Dang good team.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Haha saw this on Twitter from a couple WMU fans. No deal, my friend :)

I still think we can hear from Western down the stretch. Dang good team.

Hopefully we win the next four games and one in the Frozen faceoff.  I'm thinking that should be enough to get us in the NCAAs barring something unexpected.  Do they still have a third place game this season? 

2 minutes ago, ubish said:

Hopefully we win the next four games and one in the Frozen faceoff.  I'm thinking that should be enough to get us in the NCAAs barring something unexpected.  Do they still have a third place game this season? 

Yeah, I think so. I hadn't heard any changes. So, four against Miami and maybe Omaha. Yeah, I think you'll need to get at least one in the Faceoff. Definitely a good enough team to win in St. Paul and make the tourney.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, brianvf said:

Exactly.
The UMD fans are ranting about it on Twitter (naturally, it's what they do best ;) ), but after last nights disallowed goal for UND, there's no way the same set of officials could have counted the one tonight.
I really hope that someone ends UMD's season quickly this year in the NCAA's...they've used up their bounces and one goal wins the last two years.  ;)  :) 

The only time I worry about what a UMD fan is saying is when they are reading my order back to me at McDonald's.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ubish said:

Yeah, this one hurts.  The Friday call was weak but those are different scenarios.  Saturday the WMU player was pushed into the goalie.  I get that the refs don't want the game to end on a bad call so that's likely why they let the teams continue to play on, but if WMU doesn't end the year on a run, it'll be a tough one to look back on in this in the offseason. 

It was a tough week for officiating as a WMU fan.  This happened as well

https://thecomeback.com/ncaa/louisville-levi-usher-second-ball-western-michigan-logan-hudson.html

This baseball or baseballs should make for some stories!

Hope you make the NCAA hockey playoffs and by that keep Minnesota from getting in.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This baseball or baseballs should make for some stories!

Hope you make the NCAA hockey playoffs and by that keep Minnesota from getting in.

That sounds good but why stop there?  Let us also prevent Michigan from getting in while we're at it. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Your on the right track. Michigan won't play us unless they're forced to in the NCAA's, beat them whenever you get the chance.

They had a similar thing with us when they left the CCHA.  Red wouldn't schedule us unless we played both games at Yost.  Murray told him to F off and so we only got to beat them when we were invited to the GLI.  That changed when Red retired. 

Would love to see Western in the tournament.  

If the chips fall where they should we could see a Western vs. UND semi at the frozen faceoff with Western playing for a TON.

Western will have to end SCSU's season first.  But will get to at Lawson.  

• Upvote 2

On 3/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, Godsmack said:

So question- who were the two 1980 players out on the ice for the trophy presentation? Alex Heinert kept talking during the introduction, I couldn’t make out what the PA guy said. 

Travis Dunn and Erwin Martens, I think.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Thanks! -I have a picture of me with Kevin Maxwell hiding someplace in my house. He was my coach at UND hockey camp, circa 1980. 

Max was a one and done at UND...scored over 80 points as a frosh!