SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

During the presentation, I thought I saw a lip on the inside and figured it might be to deter this. I guess the boys were determined. 

I think you're right. There is a lip. 

Maybe have to opt for mixed drinks and straws next time.

"Fishbowl" style.

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

1) Kawa stick in the air about to come down.

2) The slash complete. Western player still on his feet.

3) Kawa still has him pinned down. Knee finally about to touch.

4) Western player losing his balance from Kawa pushing and holding him down.

5) Kawa on the western players back right before he slides into the goalie.

20200301_131020.jpg

20200301_131037.jpg

20200301_131057.jpg

20200301_131109.jpg

20200301_131131.jpg

Green colored glasses dont see the slash? Clearly interference by Kawaguchi.

His stick comes down on the western players blade not his stick... thats never considered a slash. There would be 40 slashing penalties a game if they called that.

And this makes it look like the western player is skating right at the goalie and initiates the contact with guch. Again easy call but keep trying

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

His stick comes down on the western players blade not his stick...

Momentum from swing slides down from middle of stuck (initial contact) to the end of the stick ("blade" part). Your glasses are even thicker than I thought! :lol:

On another note, how was the celebration of the 1980 national championship team? Unfortunately, they didn’t televise that part for me to catch. My memories of guys like Chorney, Taylor, Iwabuchi, etc are from attending those games back in the day as a little kid and from those pictures of those All-Americans hanging on the walls in the concourse. 

Again if the officials don't f up the Adams call Friday night my guess is WMU leaves the Ralph happy last night. Life isn't fair in hockey or infectious disease for those keeping score at home or watching MSNBC.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

On another note, how was the celebration of the 1980 national championship team? Unfortunately, they didn’t televise that part for me to catch. My memories of guys like Chorney, Taylor, Iwabuchi, etc are from attending those games back in the day as a little kid and from those pictures of those All-Americans hanging on the walls in the concourse. 

Was great IMO. Done very well. Lots of those guys have done away with Ron Jeremy mustaches they had back then. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Was great IMO. Done very well. Lots of those guys have done away with Ron Jeremy mustaches they had back then. 

Cool beans!

Funny your perspective about those classic Sioux players. To me as a 7 year old, those guys looked like grown men to me. Today, many of the current players look barely old enough to shave or drive! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Cool beans!

Funny your perspective about those classic Sioux players. To me as a 7 year old, those guys looked like grown men to me. Today, many of the current players look barely old enough to shave or drive! 

Sykes and Taylor were so fun to watch

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

2085DDF2-ACB7-43E1-A2A3-021D834CF144.thumb.jpeg.8d6858d676d452c6bb9996033cd5e495.jpeg1F059D91-9738-4D66-8941-7EA2D0077AAB.thumb.jpeg.aaa50dd9750faef704f15728d4c4dd5a.jpeg08CE15FD-236F-4A8A-9578-9104BDF76C14.thumb.jpeg.62a93570ac4bb7fdd263da6419b8b3d1.jpeg9B534C1B-EFE7-4CEC-9FA1-35FBBB8A2156.thumb.jpeg.15f26f135b2a449c2746ca176ee09bbc.jpegThe slash was not on the blade, but it did end there as the blade is typically at the bottom end of a stick.  

Looking at this pic he hit his stick but that kinda slash happens throughout the game. Its never gonna get called in that situation. Unless you lose your stick or have the puck when you get slashed

Really looks like he went down to his knee for that one timer right!?

And hes not going right at the goalie he would have missed him by 2 feet.... lol 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Again if the officials don't f up the Adams call Friday night my guess is WMU leaves the Ralph happy last night. Life isn't fair in hockey or infectious disease for those keeping score at home or watching MSNBC.

I agree completely.  If that was a goal the night before then I think they call it a goal last night.

I rewatched the Adams breakaway and I was wrong earlier.  Clearly a slash that took away a scoring opportunity.  I'm sure the good people at Duluth who take their time to put up still shots of our team playing other teams will eventually get that into twitter too. :whistling:

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Momentum from swing slides down from middle of stuck (initial contact) to the end of the stick ("blade" part). Your glasses are even thicker than I thought! :lol:

I thought you said he slashed the player causing his leg to come down. Your story seems to be changing.

30 minutes ago, tnt said:

I thought you said he slashed the player causing his leg to come down. 

6 hours ago, tnt said:

I slow motioned it and his knee was coming down before Kawaguchi made contact.

It's obvious you're not the best at comprehending what you see or read.

You know a slash can land on a stick right?

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

It's obvious you're not the best at comprehending what you see or read.

You know a slash can land on a stick right?

What makes you the expert? Have you ever reffed hockey? If so, at what level? I asked someone who was at the game who refs ND high school hockey and is a college lineman and he said the goal from last night would be waived off 3/4ths of the time.

A slash can be called stick on stick, there is a judgment line there...break a guys stick, penalty.  Knock a stick out of a guys hands, penalty....if he has two hands on it and you two hand whack top down. A love tap like ya mean it, or an upward or sideways one hander...stick check.