SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Thome did not do anything to lose this spot in net. He starts.

If Smith is healthy I can see him with Harrison and Judd keeping 5 9 19 together. Or you swap Smith for Dixon on lines. Berry had nothing but praise for the Senden line post game. 21 and 7 sit. Tychonick the extra.

5-3 UND

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Scheel gets the start

Smith in

Johnson extra skater

Keane is out

Feel for Thome. He waited, waited and waited then produced when called soon after Scheel could stop a beach ball. Peter did absolutely nothing to not start a game this series. 

I get playing the seniors tonight but no Tychonick again? 

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Feel for Thome. He waited, waited and waited then produced when called soon after Scheel could stop a beach ball. Peter did absolutely nothing to not start a game this series. 

Agree in regards to Thome. Honestly, he had a good weekend against St. Cloud despite the results. When Scheel started struggling I figured Scheel just needed a break and that he is the one that the team will rely on down the final stretch. Thome has proved that he can definitely be that goalie for UND as well. Either way, it sucks because both are good goaltenders!

As for Tychonick, I really don’t get it. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he chose to look for playing opportunity elsewhere(not saying he will) after this season. I wouldn’t blame him either. He has shown that he can be an every game player.

18 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Agree in regards to Thome. Honestly, he had a good weekend against St. Cloud despite the results. When Scheel started struggling I figured Scheel just needed a break and that he is the one that the team will rely on down the final stretch. Thome has proved that he can definitely be that goalie for UND as well. Either way, it sucks because both are good goaltenders!

As for Tychonick, I really don’t get it. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he chose to look for playing opportunity elsewhere(not saying he will) after this season. I wouldn’t blame him either. He has shown that he can be an every game player.

For JT maybe there’s more behind the scenes or attitude? Who knows. He’s a work in progress managing his emotions to stay even kill. 

Be dumb to explore elsewhere. He’ll get loads of playing time next year and his senior year. Facing some some adversity. Let’s see how he rebounds. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Scheel is the better tendy, IMO. All things even, I'd rather have him play.

Not a knock on Thome, just a reflection of who Scheel is.

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Scheel is the better tendy, IMO. All things even, I'd rather have him play.

Not a knock on Thome, just a reflection of who Scheel is.

I would’ve said that prior to Thome finally getting chance to play but I think his performance in net has shown he’s just as good as Scheel in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Who's a more consistent goalie?

If Scheel is the goalie going forward, you have to hope he suddenly doesn't go through another slump!

He slumps and the season is over.

Scheel has been the most consistent goalie over the span of their careers and it's not even close. 

• Upvote 1