SiouxSports.com Forum

Most Hated Opponent

SiouxFan100

13 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

That one and the 1-0 loss to DU in the 2003 Regional Final are two that bother me the most.   

The OT loss to New Hampshire in the regional in 2009 hurt too. Two goal lead blown in the 3rd; last second game tying goal for UNH. 

Edit: I know this isn’t UND, but the CC loss to Michigan in the 1996 national championship game hurts to this day. A loaded CC Tigers team facing an even more loaded Michigan Wolverines team that year. That loss still stings for me.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, franchise said:

Reminds me of this quote from Rounders:

In "Confessions of a Winning Poker Player," Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking about the way I lost it.

Mike McDermott

Literally the 1st place my brain went after reading that too...

Image result for get out of my head gif

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:49 PM, GoalieMask said:

1. Minnesota - I think it all started with Mazako and Woog and their elitist bull$h!t. 

2. St. Clown - wannabe institution and their fans/program seem to think they are among NCAA’s best.  A few years back in a press release they edited out the Sioux logo on the front of a jersey to make a political point.  People don’t forget. 

3. Michigan - see Frozen Four 2011, still the toughest loss I have endured as a fan. That and what seemed like Red’s refusal time schedule regular season games with UND

i should “hate” Denver and Duluth but I don’t.  They are programs I respect as they field good teams and make for great games to watch. I have always had a soft spot for CC. 

Agree, vs Mich F4 semi-final toughest loss I remember and I've seen a few over many years.  It made it even tougher cus that team was so very good.  Was at Xcel to watch game and we won everything but the score.  Then we w/o doubt beat the *&%^! dawgs the next night for our 8th natty (and not their first).  That really hurt.

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

The OT loss to New Hampshire in the regional in 2009 hurt too. Two goal lead blown in the 3rd; last second game tying goal for UNH. 

Edit: I know this isn’t UND, but the CC loss to Michigan in the 1996 national championship game hurts to this day. A loaded CC Tigers team facing an even more loaded Michigan Wolverines team that year. That loss still stings for me.

The one that got away from CC. If they would have won would Don have stayed?

32 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The 1-0 DU loss in 2004, the Michigan loss in 2011 at the Excel Center, and the loss to BC in 2007 all stung.  Those were teams that had the tools...just couldn’t make it happen.

Didn't we lose to Michigan when we had a juggernaut team during the Blake years--maybe 97-98?

5 hours ago, burd said:

Didn't we lose to Michigan when we had a juggernaut team during the Blake years--maybe 97-98?

Yeah, we were up 2-0 and went on a 5 minute pp...Michigan killed it and took that momentum to turn the game around.  Personally, I blame MafiaMan for jinxing us!;)

To be fair, though, Michigan was the juggernaut a year earlier and was upset by the Chris Drury led BU team in the semifinals...UND staked BU to a 2-0 lead, then scored 5 times in the 2nd period on their way to a 6-4 championship game win!

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, we were up 2-0 and went on a 5 minute pp...Michigan killed it and took that momentum to turn the game around.  Personally, I blame MafiaMan for jinxing us!;)

To be fair, though, Michigan was the juggernaut a year earlier and was upset by the Chris Drury led BU team in the semifinals...UND staked BU to a 2-0 lead, then scored 5 times in the 2nd period on their way to a 6-4 championship game win!

That's it.  I remember Michigan being loaded and losing the year we won. 

• 4 weeks later...