SiouxSports.com Forum

CC @ UND -- Saturday gameday

stoneySIOUX

Recap and look ahead here plus an exclusive interview with Mr Thome on his thoughts from the game, Game of Thrones, and more right here. Watch the interview at the end of the recap to find out a freshman year nickname and other things. UND has two starting goalies that could see time in the NHL one day, or what I would call, a good problem. 

https://seamoresports.com/2020/02/02/8-1-what-this-win-means-for-the-fighting-hawks-and-what-now/

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bemidji State Beaver said:

If you are wondering what I am getting at, it is that if you have nothing to bitch about you don't say anything. The ultimate definition of a douchbag.

Sorry dude. Maybe it gets old saying "wow, what a fantastic goal" or "woo, we won again" soooo many times over and over and over again?

Lol what an odd way to introduce yourself.

I'm sure your fanbase is happy to have you as such a sterling example.

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If you are wondering what I am getting at, it is that if you have nothing to bitch about you don't say anything. The ultimate definition of a douchbag.

Ummm, no, the ultimate definition and spelling is.....!@#!$! and its variants are pejorative terms referring to an arrogant, obnoxious, or despicable person.  LOL

16 hours ago, Bemidji State Beaver said:

I joined this forum a couple years back seeking knowledge from Sioux fans. It has become obvious 80% of you are douchebags that have no hockey knowledge at all. When your team is losing you put up 12 pages on a game night, when you are winning and number one in the country nobody says anything on this forum. If you are wondering what I am getting at, it is that if you have nothing to bitch about you don't say anything. The ultimate definition of a douchbag.   UND 4-1

Interesting way to behave as a guest in another's house.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sorry dude. Maybe it gets old saying "wow, what a fantastic goal" or "woo, we won again" soooo many times over and over and over again?

Lol what an odd way to introduce yourself.

I'm sure your fanbase is happy to have you as such a sterling example.

It may be a bit overboard with the vocabulary, but then again there are many that go overboard at a singular loss in what has been an outstanding season.

Fun game to watch last night. Game could've easily been 12 or 13-1. While I don't like having a weekend without Sioux hockey it does seem the bye week comes at a good time. Get a chance to get some rest and get a few guys healed up for the stretch run. Really hope Hain's injury isn't anything serious.

4 hours ago, thUNDer said:

Ummm, no, the ultimate definition and spelling is.....!@#!$! and its variants are pejorative terms referring to an arrogant, obnoxious, or despicable person.  LOL

Just to clarify, I didn't post that we're douchebags. The Beaver guy did. Not sure why I was quoted on this haha.

With that said, all my best friends are douchebags, so maybe it was actually a compliment?! :D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Totally. Our fanbase does overreact really, really well :lol:

Agreed - a big part of this is having high aspirations every year - especially after missing the tournament for two years in a row every bump in the road is analyzed and commented on.  Every season could be the year we get #9.  At Bemidji - meh.

• Upvote 1

When the score hit 8-0 last night, I started having a flashback to another blowout vs CC, from the 79-80 season.

A friend of mine had been goose hunting earlier in the day (month?), and it was unsuitable for consumption. So it became a candidate for a post-goal celebration.  He smuggled it into the game, wearing bib overalls, and strapped it to his back, under a down jacket.  Of course he was frisked, as we regularly were, but somehow he and the goose passed in.

Early in the first period, the Sioux scored.  He decided to wait.  Then another goal, and he waited again.  And again and again.  At 6-0 he said he was waiting for 10.

True to form, the Sioux got the 10th goal, and the goose floated out.  Gracefully with wings extended.  It slid to a stop a couple of feet in front of the beleaguered CC goalie.  He was probably happy not to have to make a save on it.

The Old Ralph was perfect for hockey, back in the day.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, farce poobah said:

When the score hit 8-0 last night, I started having a flashback to another blowout vs CC, from the 79-80 season.

A friend of mine had been goose hunting earlier in the day (month?), and it was unsuitable for consumption. So it became a candidate for a post-goal celebration.  He smuggled it into the game, wearing bib overalls, and strapped it to his back, under a down jacket.  Of course he was frisked, as we regularly were, but somehow he and the goose passed in.

Early in the first period, the Sioux scored.  He decided to wait.  Then another goal, and he waited again.  And again and again.  At 6-0 he said he was waiting for 10.

True to form, the Sioux got the 10th goal, and the goose floated out.  Gracefully with wings extended.  It slid to a stop a couple of feet in front of the beleaguered CC goalie.  He was probably happy not to have to make a save on it.

I can see it.   Badgers were always fun, but a good gopher toss that went for a long, preferably bloody, slide toward the goalie was always sweet. 

Never witnessed a goose.   That's inspired.  Hope it was a snow. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I seem to remember when an occasional fish would be tossed over the chicken wire at the Old, Old Barn.

One thing I remember at the Barn was the cymbals player would crash the cymbals in the face of opponents who came up against the chicken wire at the band end, which I think was the West end.  And the fog that would develop over the ice. 

On 2/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Not video, but here's the facemask grab.  at 3:05:30 (on the archived game on nchc.tv) he gets smeared, then the next zone entry is when they get into it.  

Screenshot_20200202-094711.png

Thanks.

I didn't realize Wilkie grabbed a handful of mask. That must be how Wilkie damaged a finger.

Who smeared Wilkie before the run-in with Frisch (or was it Ethan then also)? (I don't have NCHC.TV but I do have my TiVo set to record that game when it comes around again on Midco.) 

I'm trying to figure the sticks out. Frisch is a right shot.; so is Wilkie. Adams is a left-shot. 

17 hours ago, farce poobah said:

The glory days!  I don’t remember the goose...wish I did...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Thanks.

I didn't realize Wilkie grabbed a handful of mask. That must be how Wilkie damaged a finger.

Who smeared Wilkie before the run-in with Frisch (or was it Ethan then also)? (I don't have NCHC.TV but I do have my TiVo set to record that game when it comes around again on Midco.) 

I'm trying to figure the sticks out. Frisch is a right shot.; so is Wilkie. Adams is a left-shot. 

It was two players who got him, right in front on the far end of the home bench near the blue line. Wasn't easy to tell who it was but with further review it's undoubtedly possible.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It was two players who got him, right in front on the far end of the home bench near the blue line. Wasn't easy to tell who it was but with further review it's undoubtedly possible.

It was Tychonick, was at the game and remember thinking it was out of character and I loved it