SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota High School hockey

tnt

I see Grant Slukynsky has 50 points in 13 games for Warroad, including 4 goals and 5 assists tonight against Detroit Lakes.  Sounds like Potulny got a good one at Northern Michigan.  I believe his dad played at UND. 

10 hours ago, tnt said:

I see Grant Slukynsky has 50 points in 13 games for Warroad, including 4 goals and 5 assists tonight against Detroit Lakes.  Sounds like Potulny got a good one at Northern Michigan.  I believe his dad played at UND. 

To put that DL game in perspective, Jamestown beat DL 7-1 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Interesting. Wonder if he stays through with that Northern Michigan verbal. 

I’m not condoning UND to poach him. But as we no, players get better and develop and bigger schools will come in and still have that conversation with the kid. 

Think he signed his letter of intent, so would have to sit a year, but let’s face it UND wouldn’t be wanting him to come in next year anyway even if they were interested.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Stupid MN Hockey Hub website still says “in progress.”

I used to love Moorhead until about four months ago...

Well that's an easy one Mafia...who doesn't love Moor-head?...I'll show myself to the door.

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2020 at 11:24 PM, tnt said:

Yes he did, early/mid 90s.  When Landon Wilson was playing. 

The A bracket looks like it was seeded 1-8 which I wish they would actually do. The AA I think you coulda flipped Moorhead and Hill-Murray with Hill beating them in the last regular season game Moorhead also lost very early in the year to unseeded Maple Grove. Looking at results against the field you also have Eden Prairie at 3 but they lost to 4 Moorhead and tied unseeded St. Thomas while not beating any of the other tournament teams. I'm not saying EP shouldn't be seeded that high because they'd still probably be my pick to win AA right now. AA is really hard to figure out how to seed. If they seeded all in AA I think you'd probably see Maple Grove and Lakeville South flipped too. A potential Semifinal Friday of St. Cloud Cathedral vs. Hermantown, Warroad vs. Mahtomedi, Blake vs. Eden Praire, and Andover vs. Moorhead/Hill could be the best we've seen in a while.