SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota High School hockey

tnt

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Well, there you go.  Sounds like they made the correct decision based on that.

As it should be.  Hockey Canada - 1 rule book.  USA we use 3 to 4 depending upon the league.   This particular rule is different in USA Hockey, NFHS, and NCAA.  I wasn’t aware Minnesota was allowed to see how this looks.  Is this pilot project exclusive to Minnesota or all Federation participants? 

34 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

As it should be.  Hockey Canada - 1 rule book.  USA we use 3 to 4 depending upon the league.   This particular rule is different in USA Hockey, NFHS, and NCAA.  I wasn’t aware Minnesota was allowed to see how this looks.  Is this pilot project exclusive to Minnesota or all Federation participants? 

MSHSL uses a modified NFHS hockey rule book. 

10 hours ago, Clark17 said:

The trial was in like 2011 so I'd say this has been an official rule in Minnesota for the past few years at least. I'm sure if other states wanted to they could put the rule in place but many other states just follow the NFHS rule while Minnesota uses a modified version.

8 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

The trial was in like 2011 so I'd say this has been an official rule in Minnesota for the past few years at least. I'm sure if other states wanted to they could put the rule in place but many other states just follow the NFHS rule while Minnesota uses a modified version.

It’s been quite some time then.  I wasn’t aware of that, thanks.  ND should do this as well.