SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-7) @ Nebraska (5-6) 12/21 5 PM

SWSiouxMN

Sather is proving to be a great coach.  In a difficult OOC schedule much on the road against bigger team they have improved.  This Young team needed to learn defense, rebounding, FT's down the stretch and committing less turnovers will win games.  As I listen to post game and the write up on the game mentioned the importance of contesting the last shoot for Nebraska.  Coach Sather is developing process to win games.  I think we are in for a fun ride.

Looking at those highlight, what atrocious defense by Nebraska, so many drives almost uncontested. With that said, UND players took full advantage and showed no hesitation. Fantastic game and that last shot was guarded about as well as you possibly can without risking a foul. Great way to close out the game and get the win against the P5.

PS: that Nebraska "color" guy was just atrociously boring.

8 minutes ago, Kab said:

What would Jones have done the last 2 minutes

lose 

Not sure if it is something a coach does in the final two minutes. It might be a confidence thing. Do we have some players that won’t let it slip away? Are we building a different attitude and expectations in games and practice?

21 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Sather is proving to be a great coach.  In a difficult OOC schedule much on the road against bigger team they have improved.  This Young team needed to learn defense, rebounding, FT's down the stretch and committing less turnovers will win games.  As I listen to post game and the write up on the game mentioned the importance of contesting the last shoot for Nebraska.  Coach Sather is developing process to win games.  I think we are in for a fun ride.

The post game comments were great.  It wasn't a bunch of coach speak...it was genuine and honest and frankly, refreshing to hear.  It makes me think you're right...we could be in for a fun ride!

9 minutes ago, MadScout03 said:

The post game comments were great.  It wasn't a bunch of coach speak...it was genuine and honest and frankly, refreshing to hear.  It makes me think you're right...we could be in for a fun ride!

I would not be surprised Coach Sather will be the Best Coach at UND since Fitch.  It will not be long before we see the players giving it all and winning games not expected.  

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I would not be surprised Coach Sather will be the Best Coach at UND since Fitch.  It will not be long before we see the players giving it all and winning games not expected.  

He already has a win over a Big 10 team on his very short resume, and he has an OOC road win, something Jones struggled to do in his tenure.