SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls

UNDBIZ

7 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

I wrote an article linking the mantra of a good NFL team to what I think should be the motto going forward and perhaps kind of is for this team, give it a read! https://seamoresports.com/2019/12/16/und-mens-hockey-nobody-cares-work-harder/ 

That’s basically an old Doug Woog quote. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard “. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

With 7 weekends of hockey left before the NCHC playoffs start on March 13th, UND has 12 games left with no games on the weekend of Feb. 7-8th.
@ Duluth
CC
   off
Denver
@ St. Cloud
W. Mich
@ Omaha

Tied last week for 1st, today UND slips under Cornell in USCHO poll by 2 points.
Cornell   951
UND       949

UND is first in RPI and Pairwise Rankings

On 1/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, siouxfaninseattle said:

The only poll I want to see the team ranked number one in is the one after the Frozen Four. Let another team have that target on their backs.

Target is on our back every year. No way out of that with leading the nation in attendance and past hardware.

Couple loses to the Dawgs, will continue to keep us out of 1st in the poll. Not my wish.
I'm hoping we can win both games in Duluth and the pollsters think we are the best!
Remember our bubble bursts of the last two years?

Pairwise is a ranking.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:22 PM, Siouxperkick said:

I love that the team has adopted a mantra of "who cares what the poll says, we have work to do". This is expected of a quality ND hockey team! Excited for the 2nd half of the season!

Exactly only pole that matters is the one going to the rafters before the Manitoba game.