Polls

UNDBIZ

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

1998-99 Season, from the UND Media Guide

WCHA PLAYOFFS (at Grand Forks, ND) 
M12 Mankato State L 2-3 OT
M13 Mankato State W 3-2
M14 Mankato State W 10-0

I think the goalie was Eric Pateman, who stood on his head for the first two games.   He was seeing more rubber than .... (delete colorful euphemism) .... and frustrated UND's skill guys.    But two early ones on Sunday and his head was no longer in it.   Panzer, Blake and Co. took care of it from there.   

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The pollsters drop us to third place. Do they know something?

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

While PairWise still has us at # 1.

IMO The top 3 could be interchangeable.  All 3 are very good teams.  As soft as Cornel's schedule is you don't only lose 2 games if you are not a very good team.     

Do they know something?

They know that Cornell is a paper champion. :D

I think that Cornell is going to have a serious wake up call when the NCAA tourney hits. Their opponents talent level is going to jump up one or two notches. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

They know that Cornell is a paper champion. :D

I think that Cornell is going to have a serious wake up call when the NCAA tourney hits. Their opponents talent level is going to jump up one or two notches. 

They were a 1 seed a couple years ago when BU won Hockey East’s autobid and drew them first round. I think everyone knew BU was winning that game. 

The pollsters drop us to third place. Do they know something?

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

While PairWise still has us at # 1.

I'm okay with this. The team could use some extra motivation with a Western team coming in that is playing good hockey right now. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm okay with this. The team could use some extra motivation with a Western team coming in that is playing good hockey right now. 

I agree.   As long as the stay high in the PW, it's not too late to learn hard lessons.  Whatever happens until then, they need to go into regionals hungry.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Man....you guys are rough on the Mavs. Up until this last week, we had the #8 SOS this year. Playing UAH dropped us to #15....granted, there were other results that caused that as well, but UAH was the big one.

Mankato is a great program and I have tremendous respect for their team this year. Any team that can beat and tie UND and sweep UMD on the road is legit.  Mankato should be in the NCHC.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bale31 said:

Man....you guys are rough on the Mavs. Up until this last week, we had the #8 SOS this year. Playing UAH dropped us to #15....granted, there were other results that caused that as well, but UAH was the big one.

Hey, no matter what we say, the Purple Cows are for real this year.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Hey, no matter what we say, the Purple Cows are for real this year.

Ha,  no worries. I just like needling people like they needle me. 

In all seriousness, MSU will get taken seriously when they can win a few in the Tourney. It's just as simple as that. If I didn't get to see the team on a regular basis, I probably wouldn't take us seriously either.

15 hours ago, BrandonH61 said:

I've got no issues with Kato being #1.  Cornell on the other hand, they haven't earned anything yet.  Thought this was pretty cool to help go with SOS.

https://t.co/8TcDYRz3hN

Our 10-2-2 record against top 15 PairWise teams is a great recipe to have going into the playoffs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bale31 said:

In a sarcastic way I was giving you guys a compliment verses Cornell not so much.
You have a very good team, just be easy on us if we meet in the post season.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

In a sarcastic way I was giving you guys a compliment verses Cornell not so much.
You have a very good team, just be easy on us if we meet in the post season.

I'm pretty sure if we meet in the post season, it would be so far in that I'd be so happy that I'll be blasted enough that I won't be allowed to touch a computer or phone.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BrandonH61 said:

I've got no issues with Kato being #1.  Cornell on the other hand, they haven't earned anything yet.  Thought this was pretty cool to help go with SOS.

https://t.co/8TcDYRz3hN

Just to add to this information, I went through Cornell’s schedule yesterday. 14 of their 21 wins were against teams with a .500 record or worse

On the flip side, Mankato and UND have at least that number of wins against teams with better than .500 records.