SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoff Time

geaux_sioux

14 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Probably been discussed but is there any shot of Wanzek playing? Who will step up in his absence? Cochran? Boltmann probably. 

I think Wilde will step up if he is healthy, he got a little dinged up yesterday.  I think Cochran may have already played 4 games.  

Glad we made it in, bummed we don't have a home game.  However I'm glad we are playing down south and not somewhere in snow and cold as we are now a finesse offense.  Hopefully the weather is nice and no wind. 

• Like 1

Congrats to the coaches and players on getting into the playoffs. I called them soft mid-season, deservedly so. As predicted by many, 7-4 (me included) was the magic number to make the playoffs. They got it done. Those that want Bubba gone will have to lament for 4 more years. If the Hawks win a playoff game or two, that buys Bubba and staff an additional 4 more years, and deservedly so. It wasn't always pretty, but key wins is what counts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Old School Guy said:

Congrats to the coaches and players on getting into the playoffs. I called them soft mid-season, deservedly so. As predicted by many, 7-4 (me included) was the magic number to make the playoffs. They got it done. Those that want Bubba gone will have to lament for 4 more years. If the Hawks win a playoff game or two, that buys Bubba and staff an additional 4 more years, and deservedly so. It wasn't always pretty, but key wins is what counts.

yes congrats...bubba can stay but kostitch is coaching his last three games at UND

55 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know the company line with freshman is "ease em in slowly"...but tell me that dalton gee was better than skolkna from week 1 on?  i think otherwise.

Skokna was not ready week one. He had a knee injury in his senior season and he was not 100%.

3 minutes ago, homer said:

Probably not.  He will be here next year unless it’s his choice.  

bubba did fire a couple of guys last off season...what about our really really special Teams improved from last yearto this one...just yesterday...muffed punt, missed xp, kick off out of bounds, and not one kick off into the endzone iirc?

he's done.

Just now, Ozzie82 said:

First class as always. Found out UND made the playoffs just a few hours ago, you’re still negative. You have serious issues, man. 

being negative by pointing out the obvious?  wow...a message board with peope with opinions...six years in and we sneak into the playoffs...happy yes...but change still needs to happen to take this program to the next level and that starts with the easiest thing...fire kostitch.

9 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

They will. And if we win there will be a choice to make. 

What's the choice? It's a playoff game vs NDSU. If he opts to not play he loses lots of credibility in the locker room for his remaining time at UND.

If UND beats Nichols they will have an opportunity to do what only team has done in 8 years. No way he sits.

• Upvote 1

Tough decisions for all involved with #6.  Not sure if there is a right or wrong answer.

-Yes, he has to play in LA.  Absolutely need him.  

-IMHO he has to play if they make it to Fargo.  Too much history in the rivalry (there is that word again) for him not to play and for us to not put our best team on the field.

*Want to congratulate the team on going unbeaten at home.  People didn't show up in the masses to watch them, but they did everything they possibly could have record wise on the turf at the Alerus.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Very interesting hypothetical scenario, especially with how bad Siegel has played lately. He hasn’t been himself at all. Needs to get the mojo back. We are so much better with Holm out there.

Agreed. Evan might be the best player on our team and his presence makes an enormous difference to the outcome of each game he plays in - or doesn’t. He’s a stud.  

I wish he’d have played against UNC and I want him to play vs. NDSU if we win this week. 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ask Wanzek if he'd play vs NDSU with one arm in a sling if the training staff would let him. 

Calling a player’s character into question on a public forum? With limited information and a large amount of speculation, that’s the path you are choosing to go down two weeks before that decision needs to be made? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozzie82 said:

Calling a player’s character into question on a public forum? With limited information and a large amount of speculation, that’s the path you are choosing to go down two weeks before that decision needs to be made? 

????? he's just saying that wanzek would play with both arms in slings ...if the staff would let em...he wasn't challenging his character????

• Upvote 3