SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU - 2019 Regular Season Finale

UNDBIZ

Will be glad to have Evan back.  Regarding saving his redshirt - I think if we're playing a second playoff game (which will mean we won the first one, if there is a first one), there's no point to hold Evan for 2020, let's go make some noise.

• Upvote 1

Mike Berg was saying this during the Northern Colorado game. Step on the throat of teams when you get them down. Get a killer instinct. Make a statement to the playoff committee that this team would be a tough out in the playoffs if selected. He was really upset that we didn't punch it into the end zone at the end of the game after forcing the turnover instead of taking a knee. I must say I agreed with all of it.

• Upvote 3

On 11/18/2019 at 10:08 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Mike Berg was saying this during the Northern Colorado game. Step on the throat of teams when you get them down. Get a killer instinct. Make a statement to the playoff committee that this team would be a tough out in the playoffs if selected. He was really upset that we didn't punch it into the end zone at the end of the game after forcing the turnover instead of taking a knee. I must say I agreed with all of it.

Do you think anyone who see that as unsportsmanlike conduct? I know some don't care but you take a knee and guaranteed a win. Run a few plays and something bad can happen plus now you've given "the Committee" the opportunity to turn on you for poor sportsmanship. 

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Do you think anyone who see that as unsportsmanlike conduct? I know some don't care but you take a knee and guaranteed a win. Run a few plays and something bad can happen plus now you've given "the Committee" the opportunity to turn on you for poor sportsmanship. 

Although it is a risk and your argument has some merit, the committee doesn't care about sportsmanship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

We really needed to run the ball in when UNC fumbled on their second to their last play.  Our DL had it in their hands but couldn't hang on and UNC got the ball back on their 5 or so.   That extra TD would have looked good on the scoreboard and wouldn't have been considered running up the score.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, Ozzie82 said:

For sure, IMO.

If we don't make the playoffs, it will be a waste unless he graduates in four years and was never going to stick around after that, which likely isn't the case.  Hoping we make the playoffs though, then I'm more ok with it as he is a difference maker and we'd need him in a playoff game.  If we can't beat SUU without him, we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

I called it right after the UNC game that they have already decided to burn his shirt and I felt he'd be playing this week. 

10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If we don't make the playoffs, it will be a waste unless he graduates in four years and was never going to stick around after that, which likely isn't the case.  Hoping we make the playoffs though, then I'm more ok with it as he is a difference maker and we'd need him in a playoff game.  If we can't beat SUU without him, we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

I called it right after the UNC game that they have already decided to burn his shirt and I felt he'd be playing this week. 

IF McKinney can go and IF JJ gets downhill a few times and IF they use Boltman in the run game, why do they need to burn Skokna's shirt? He is not that much of a difference maker yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am certain we win by 30 or so points and am certain we are playing at home the first round of the playoffs.

:)

Tom Miller is convinced margin of victory does not matter in the eyes of the committee. He got swept up in the importance beating UNC by a comfortable margin last week, but after looking at poll movements of lots of teams he’s convinced he was wrong and all that matters is a win. That said, it would be great to crush SUU today. Leave no doubt. Let’s go get that home playoff berth. 

• Like 1