SiouxSports.com Forum

On to UNC

F'n Hawks

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think we’re gonna see something different this year. Freund is gonna go for the jugular and I don’t think Bubba is gonna call him off. They know style points will count these next two weeks.

I would have MUCH rather had the big win against Weber, we'd be sitting pretty damn good.  However need to try and make lemonade out of that lemon.  I'm hoping the way they lost, with the Boltmann fumble, somehow brings them even closer together as a team and they come out with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the year......and act on it this week and into the playoffs.

Let's be honest......not too many of us thought they were going to beat Weber, even the UND360 guys were saying this one would be tough.  Now as a player you have to go in thinking you can win, and I'm sure they did.  Even though they did lose, the way we played against them has to help give confidence to them that we really can take down anyone.  I know for me as a fan, I have more confidence now in what this team can do than I did 4-5 weeks ago.  That said, am tired of coming close......we need that big win, lets get a couple in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Hi there, this article is on the things to focus on for the next two weeks, it was kind of written after the talk about polls and placement and what not. Remember how Northern Arizona felt in Bubba's first year when UND spoiled their playoff chance at home with a win? Well two teams can do that to UND at home this year. Read for more! Just some long term perspective on the media poll vs short term banter that often happens. Happy Tuesday ! https://seamoresports.com/2019/11/12/just-win-und-football/

4 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Bennett and Morrison probable; Turner and McKinney questionable for Saturday.

If in doubt, don't risk it....we shouldn't need these two to win this week.  Let them play the last game to get their feet back under them in a real game, then they should be good to go for the playoffs. All four of these will be REALLY nice to have back!

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Bennett, Turner and McKinney all expected to play in some fashion. Gee will be out.

Hopefully they hold Skokna out and save his 4th game, and use Gordon and Sherva to back up JJ.  Hopefully we will be up and in a comfortable position.  Would be nice to see Sherva get a few carries sometime this year.  

On 11/14/2019 at 9:27 AM, southpaw said:

What good is a deep threat if your QB can't chuck the pigskin?

Kett has had an awesome 3 games.  The game plan has called for quick passes to keep the pass rush in check.  A few deep passes.  Seems to be working.  Kett has great results last 3 games and healthy.