SiouxSports.com Forum

On to UNC

F'n Hawks

God willing let's say we are up 17, 4th and goal to go at the 1 yard line with under two minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Does Bubba:

A) Take a knee.

B) Field goal.

C) Try to run it in with Gee or Gordon.

D) Play action pass to a wide open Cloyd.

Situation what it is we have to score a lot right?  No hurt feelings?

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

God willing let's say we are up 17, 4th and goal to go at the 1 yard line with under two minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Does Bubba:

A) Take a knee.

B) Field goal.

C) Try to run it in with Gee or Gordon.

D) Play action pass to a wide open Cloyd.

Situation what it is we have to score a lot right?  No hurt feelings?

Last time I checked the responsibility of the other team's players and coaches is to stop you. If they can't...........

ISU put up how many on UND??? If that might even be a point of emphasis during the selection committee if UND goes 7-4 they need to run it up these last two games IMO.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Last time I checked the responsibility of the other team's players and coaches is to stop you. If they can't...........

ISU put up how many on UND??? If that might even be a point of emphasis during the selection committee if UND goes 7-4 they need to run it up these last two games IMO.

Agreed.  Screw em.  I remember once when Lennon ran a fake punt so the game could end on "our terms".  Other coach was butt hurt, but our defense didn't have to go back on the field.  

48 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I will be completely shocked if this happens, and not because the team is not capable.

I think we’re gonna see something different this year. Freund is gonna go for the jugular and I don’t think Bubba is gonna call him off. They know style points will count these next two weeks.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think we’re gonna see something different this year. Freund is gonna go for the jugular and I don’t think Bubba is gonna call him off. They know style points will count these next two weeks.

I hope.  Danny had Weber on their heels the whole game.  Big change from prior years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hope you are right, and I do hope they sneak into the playoffs at 7-4. That being said, I would still consider Bubba on the hot seat next year.

To me, making the playoffs this year solidifies nothing for him. I expect making the playoffs, and in a more convincing fashion next year, and actually winning in the playoffs, or it is time to move on and find someone else.

I don't care to hear anything about us being in a new conference or about the few good things that he has done, I want to see progress with this program and we have yet to see consistent progress. Losses like ISU should not happen. Honestly losses like the one to Weber should not happen (I don't mean losing to the #3 team on the road; I mean if you watched that game you know that we should have won, but found a way to lose) As a coach, you need to be able to manage through though situations. Motivate your team. Etc.

I just don't think Bubba is the guy long term, and he track record has shown it. That being said, I really do hope they can surprise people a bit at the end of the season.

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to a Victory but what really would happen if it doesn't go our way 7-4. Realistically you think UND really will fire a few of the coaches or do they give them one more try. Do you think it's more of a threat to be fired and just motivation to keep trying to get better. Just asking..

10 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

Looking forward to a Victory but what really would happen if it doesn't go our way 7-4. Realistically you think UND really will fire a few of the coaches or do they give them one more try. Do you think it's more of a threat to be fired and just motivation to keep trying to get better. Just asking..

"Extend Hak"!

14 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

How about we discuss "What if" we win out - who might we host? Pretty sure the coaching staff works their ass off every week to win the game - they don't need to have someone tell them their job is on the line. 

• Upvote 1

Coach seems really positive in his press conference 

players had a good practice today

maybe getting a couple of players back this week

how about us fans be excited and positive the rest of the year

see you at the Al

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Extend Hak"!

Hakstol was an outstanding coach. Made playoffs virtually every year and frequently made frozen four. I never spoke with anyone, who had a clear understanding of coaching and winning at this level, who failed to understand that fact. The players I spoke with had the same opinion. 

This of course is a FB post. It makes no difference how I feel,  but I don’t believe we will see a coaching change this year especially if we win the last two games. The only way I see a coaching change would be a unified player revolt against the present staff.