SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State

siouxfan512

23 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

According to the game notes,  Turner is probable, Morrison is questionable, Bennett is doubtful, and Zimm, McKinney and Waletzko are out for Saturday.

That's a good start. It would be great to get Bennett back for the end of the season if he can't play against Weber.

No idea what kinda of package Weber HC Jay Hill receives, but I wouldn't be surprised he is not a candidate for some Coordinator or HC job at a FBS school. Young guy at 44, great success as the #4/#3 college team in Utah (Utah State might be less popular then Weber), experience in FBS as position coach at University of Utah. Seems all the right boxes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, northernraider said:

No idea what kinda of package Weber HC Jay Hill receives, but I wouldn't be surprised he is not a candidate for some Coordinator or HC job at a FBS school. Young guy at 44, great success as the #4/#3 college team in Utah (Utah State might be less popular then Weber), experience in FBS as position coach at University of Utah. Seems all the right boxes

That program was a perennial Big Sky doormat before he got there. Agree with this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

According to the game notes,  Turner is probable, Morrison is questionable, Bennett is doubtful, and Zimm, McKinney and Waletzko are out for Saturday.

Heard McKenney was a full participant at practice Today and looked good 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

The night before

i see that the team had landed in Ogden 

I wish I was more optimistic 

I feel about the same way as I felt when we played MSU.....with our depleted line...and their big OL...I was afraid that game could get ugly.  Hopefully tomorrow I am as pleasantly surprised as I as against MSU.  Just have to show up and play fundamentally sound football no matter what, don't crap the bed.  Hopefully we can catch a couple of breaks. Need absolutely to go right to pull this one out.  

• Upvote 2

Weber is a more talented and a better coached team.  Anything can happen on any given Saturday ...but would require quite a few  “breaks” for und to pull off the victory.  Und has had the luck at home this year ...not so much on the road. 

The difference in today’s game ....Weber’s offensive and defensive lines.  Their front four group on D is the best in the fcs. Very disruptive.  It would be nice to see und go up tempo to maybe catch Weber off guard.  Make their big d line run side to side all game with no time to inhale.  Keep the ball on the edge or outside of the box. Try to loosen them up and then hit the middle.  Unds lighter OL was built for up tempo ...not for grinding it out.  Hoping to see freund call a great game  

Weber's offense has been gelling lately. Nothing “flashy” about their offense just effective and bullish.  Their running back, Davis, could have a big day ....150-200ish yards rushing.  Unds run defense hasn’t been that good going against  Webers mojo. 

In 6 years Bubba hasnt shown he can beat a legit team. Needs to change  Thinking 37-7 Weber. However, if und can get some things going offensively they could make a game of it for awhile. 

9 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

How would you all feel about Watching UND-Weber State at an "official watch party" site in town with food and drink specials with radio on hand? Read and let me know! https://seamoresports.com/2019/11/09/an-idea-for-und-athletics-road-trips-to-bring-the-community-together/

Lots of watch parties tosay

rumors has it on

ground round has it on

53 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

How would you all feel about Watching UND-Weber State at an "official watch party" site in town with food and drink specials with radio on hand? Read and let me know! https://seamoresports.com/2019/11/09/an-idea-for-und-athletics-road-trips-to-bring-the-community-together/

If I lived in GF I would definitely go to a watch party for this game. 

• 1 month later...

On 11/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, northernraider said:

Nailed that prediction