SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

34 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

One bad Phantom penalty and then no  pass interference call gives Green Bay a chance tonight 

That was a horrible call on Detroit.  Gave GB a first down when they would have punted.  Instead went down and scored to get within 2.

I just watched the highlights and there was another phantom call for the same hands to the face on the same guy which let GB run the clock down to nothing and kick the winning fg.

Despite the new rule where you can challenge for pass interference, the officials are still deciding games by no calls or bad calls.  Maybe they should just review everything and the game can last 5 hours.  That's right, they get reviews wrong too!  Nevermind!

On 10/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Totally agree with the exception being Lambeau. In the heart of a smaller community it is a NFL game in a college atmosphere.

Arrowhead is another great venue.

NFL home team stadiums to avoid...Jerry World, Detroit, Philly,  and Seattle.

Vikings fan here. Only been to one away game in Chicago and I'd add Soldier Field to that list. Overall it wasn't a horrendous experience (aside from McNabb's notorious bounce pass:lol::silly:) but there was one guy who felt the need to harass us the whole game.

4 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It appears Aaron Rodgers has taken out a brand new State Farm insurance policy which insures wins via officiating. 

The NFL's wet dream is a Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Packers. The Patriots don't have much competition in the AFC this year, but the Packers have a lot of competition in the NFC. So they are giving them a hand up AND a hand out. It is sickening.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Despite the new rule where you can challenge for pass interference, the officials are still deciding games by no calls or bad calls.  Maybe they should just review everything and the game can last 5 hours.  That's right, they get reviews wrong too!  Nevermind!

If the refs had done their job in last year's NFC title game, the new rule wouldn't be there. That was the absolute worst non-call on PI ever.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The NFL's wet dream is a Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Packers. The Patriots don't have much competition in the AFC this year, but the Packers have a lot of competition in the NFC. So they are giving them a hand up AND a hand out. It is sickening.

Goodell is still pissed at Matt Patricia for wearing the Goodell clown shirt after SB LI.   

• Upvote 1

I'm not a Packer hater, nor am I a Viking fan, but last night's game proved to me that the NFL is as rigged as WWE.  Two phantom hands to the face calls, a catch that suddenly requires 3 steps in order for it to be a completion (rest assured, had the GB player recovered the fumble in bounds, it would have been ruled a catch and fumble recovery), and a pass interference call that is completely ignored.  To make that HTTF call even worse, it was the PACKER LINEMAN who actually had his hands in the Detroit player's grill.  Truly unbelievable, NFL...you've outdone yourself on this one.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm not a Packer hater, nor am I a Viking fan, but last night's game proved to me that the NFL is as rigged as WWE.  Two phantom hands to the face calls, a catch that suddenly requires 3 steps in order for it to be a completion (rest assured, had the GB player recovered the fumble in bounds, it would have been ruled a catch and fumble recovery), and a pass interference call that is completely ignored.  To make that HTTF call even worse, it was the PACKER LINEMAN who actually had his hands in the Detroit player's grill.  Truly unbelievable, NFL...you've outdone yourself on this one.

I couldn't agree more. The NFL is rigged. I'm done watching the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Noticed that same thing.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  Will be interesting to see if Detroit will get a few extra calls against Minnesota when they play this weekend.  I definitely can see that happening.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:40 PM, Prison_Mike said:

I thought the refs doing the Lambeau leap after the Packers game winning field goal was a bit uncalled for...

EABE03EC-30EB-420A-B169-33FDC528D550.jpeg

That was solid. :lol:

Funny thing I heard the other day when people were rehashing this game, the Packers were actually kicked out of the league in like 1921 because they were cheating so bad. I doubted it but Google confirmed, they had to pay the whopping reentry fee of $50 to get back in. That is funny !@#$.

• Like 1